Anyone heard back from UIC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

berrisweet712

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read on pharmcas that they received my supplemental on Jan 7th, so I was just wondering if anyone's heard back from them. Just curious to see how long it takes!

Members don't see this ad.

Ditto on the Jan. 7 supplemental receipt by UIC.

When I called earlier this month to ask a question about my pre-reqs, I was told that I'd hear from them in Feb. if I was chosen for a March interview.

Last edited:
Ditto on the Jan. 7 supplemental receipt by UIC.

When I called earlier this month to ask a question about my pre-reqs, I was told that I'd hear from them in Feb. if I was chosen for a March interview.

Congrats on that interview. I did my undergrad at UIC. Have you been to the medical district?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish! I'd love to go there. Key word is if, though. Haven't heard anything at all from them--not even receipt of my supplemental application.

I wish! I'd love to go there. Key word is if, though. Haven't heard anything at all from them--not even receipt of my supplemental application.

I lived in the medical district for a semester. It's nothing special, in fact it is quite depressing.

: ) Seems that most of the schools I applied to are in somewhat unsavory areas. I did my undergrad at USC, in South Central Los Angeles, so hopefully that'll be some preparation at least. You say depressing...is it dangerous?

: ) Seems that most of the schools I applied to are in somewhat unsavory areas. I did my undergrad at USC, in South Central Los Angeles, so hopefully that'll be some preparation at least. You say depressing...is it dangerous?

It is on the west side of Chicago and the Cook Country free hospital is there, so you could imagine the types of patients that go there. It is dangerous if you walk around late at night by yourself. There are plenty of police and security alarm posts throughout the medical district. When I lived there I would always be out and never worried about crime, but I was always with a group of people if we were out late.

Last year I was offered by interview on February 12...so be patient!

Thanks Monalyce!
Now I won't worry so much...not until Feb. at least...

I lived in the medical district for 3 years. I never saw a lot of crime in the area. You will hear a lot of sirens, but that is expected. The entrance for Cook County Hospital does not face UIC. The area is improving greatly. There is going to be a new grocery store at Madison and between Damen and Western.

Hopefully we'll hear back soon! I attended UIC for a semester and another college as well and it seems as though every campus has some crime. I don't really like UIC's location but if I was accepted I'd definitely pick it since it is highly ranked and very prestigious. Not to mention, the lower tuition :)

Same here! On pharmcas it says they received my supp on the 4th of Jan and still no word...

Same here! On pharmcas it says they received my supp on the 4th of Jan and still no word...

They just received all my stuff on the 13th, but my GPA still hasn't been calculated, so they don't even have my revised application, so I'm sure they haven't even begun looking at my stuff personally.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah - seems like it might take a while...

We'll see! :xf:

Phew! I'm glad I found this thread instead of creating a new one.

Anyway...........
Is it just me or did UIC implement a new admission processing procedure? My friend applied way early in July 2009 and I did mines in January 2010, and we both got our "you-meet-the-minimum-requirements-so-we-gonna-look-at-your-app-more-seriously" letter a few days ago.

Are they still doing early admissions? I assume if they did, it took place in Nov/Dec 09?

edit: To be honest, I am not too sure how UIC usually does things so my assumption regarding their admission procedure might be off. In fact, they might always have done things like that. It's just that right before the deadline, I called on Jan 12th to inquire if they received my app yet, and the lady said that they are doing things "differently" this year so it might take awhile for the supplemental to show up on Pharmcas (I dropped it off on the 11th and it showed up as being received on the 13th).

Last edited:
They are doing early admission this year. I got an email on Dec. 14th saying they are about to start them. As for normal admissions - I gotten an email saying mid-Feb.
:thumbup:

Phew! I'm glad I found this thread instead of creating a new one.

Anyway...........
Is it just me or did UIC implement a new admission processing procedure? My friend applied way early in July 2009 and I did mines in January 2010, and we both got our "you-meet-the-minimum-requirements-so-we-gonna-look-at-your-app-more-seriously" letter a few days ago.

Are they still doing early admissions? I assume if they did, it took place in Nov/Dec 09?

edit: To be honest, I am not too sure how UIC usually does things so my assumption regarding their admission procedure might be off. In fact, they might always have done things like that. It's just that right before the deadline, I called on Jan 12th to inquire if they received my app yet, and the lady said that they are doing things "differently" this year so it might take awhile for the supplemental to show up on Pharmcas (I dropped it off on the 11th and it showed up as being received on the 13th).

I got that email too. I submitted my PharmCAS in August, but couldn't submit the supplemental until fall grades, so they got all my stuff Jan 13th. Hope to hear from them soon though!

They are doing early admission this year. I got an email on Dec. 14th saying they are about to start them. As for normal admissions - I gotten an email saying mid-Feb.
:thumbup:

Just to clarify:

-is this is the first year they are doing early admissions?

@bozeefus- From what the admissions people told me, this is the first year that they are doing early admission. The only people who qualified for early admission where people who had all of their prerequisites finished at the time of application submission. This process lasted from late November to early December, I believe

UIC's normal application process usually runs from February/March until April. My friend last year didn't hear anything until early March for an interview in late March and she was accepted so don't worry!

Good luck to everyone applying!

I thought they had an unofficial Valentine's Day deadline for determining interviews. Boo.

UIC does all of their normal interviews during the pharm school's spring break. For the early interviews they changed the format to just 2 thirty-min interviews with no writing sample (they say the PCAT covers this now). The admissions staff said they hope to copy this format for the regular interviews, too. So I'm not worrying too much about not hearing anything back, yet.

Can anyone please help me, UIC is my first-choice school too.
I'll be done with my major pres and PCAT by the end of Fall 2010. By then, I still need to have Physics II and 1 elective classes (which will be taken in Spring 2011).
My question is, should I apply in the beginning of January 2011 or wait until I finished all of the pres by the end of Spring 2011?
Much appreciated for any response. :love:

Can anyone please help me, UIC is my first-choice school too.
I'll be done with my major pres and PCAT by the end of Fall 2010. By then, I still need to have Physics II and 1 elective classes (which will be taken in Spring 2011).
My question is, should I apply in the beginning of January 2011 or wait until I finished all of the pres by the end of Spring 2011?
Much appreciated for any response. :love:

You can apply in Jan 2011 if you really want. I am in the same position except a year behind (finished most of my pre-reqs by Fall 09 and taking one more this Spring 2010), and I am a candidate for this application cycle. The only thing is, if you read some of the above posts, it sounds like they're starting an early acceptance program for applicants who have finished their pre-reqs by the Fall of the application year. So if you wanted to try for that next year you'd have to finish everything by the Fall semester.

You can apply in Jan 2011 if you really want. I am in the same position except a year behind (finished most of my pre-reqs by Fall 09 and taking one more this Spring 2010), and I am a candidate for this application cycle. The only thing is, if you read some of the above posts, it sounds like they're starting an early acceptance program for applicants who have finished their pre-reqs by the Fall of the application year. So if you wanted to try for that next year you'd have to finish everything by the Fall semester.
Thanks alot for your response.
I have one more question. What exact time is "an early acceptance program"?

I'm not exactly sure about the details because it's fairly new, but I know people were saying they got invited for an interview in early January. For the regular program people don't find out about an interview until Feb and actually get interviewed in March. The early acceptance people get into the program before the regulars. You can always just call the admissions office and ask, too.

Thank you.
But we need to get the final grade for Fall semester first, then start on the application right? Or we can start the application before getting the Fall grade? :confused:

Thank you.
But we need to get the final grade for Fall semester first, then start on the application right? Or we can start the application before getting the Fall grade? :confused:

You can't send in your SUPPLEMENTAL application until you receive the final grade in the Fall. Otherwise, they say it's "incomplete" and throw it out.

Last edited:
You can't send in your application until you receive the final grade in the Fall. Otherwise, they say it's "incomplete" and throw it out.

Just to clarify this for anyone who may misunderstand it:

DO submit PharmCAS and complete everything on that side of things ASAP.
DO NOT send UIC the supplementary application until your Fall grades are complete (if you are taking pre-reques that semester).

Hi all,

Did anyone receive the invitation for UIC's Pharmacy Interview yet?

I can't believe UIC hasn't gotten interview invites out yet. They must have received tons of applications. Maybe they are waiting for students to choose other schools to make their job easier!!

I can't believe UIC hasn't gotten interview invites out yet. They must have received tons of applications. Maybe they are waiting for students to choose other schools to make their job easier!!

In my opinion, UIC is really being inconsiderate. If wishupon's theory is right, and UIC is trying to drive away applicants, the school sure is succeeding, because I have completely lost interest.

If I had to make a guess, I say UIC sends out invitations this week. If not, UIC really sucks.

When I called a few weeks ago, she said that they like to let everyone know at least 2-3 weeks before the interviews. So if they don't let people know like, today, that'll be a problem. Especially considering their interviews are during spring break, so plane tickets are ridiculously expensive.

I got the email on Jan 29 saying that over the next few WEEKS, my application would be getting an in-depth analysis. If this is the case for every applicant, then it will take a long time.

It should be any day now, it is probably taking longer this time because they have to interview/accept more people due to the opening of the Rockford campus. I think UIC is worth waiting for, as painful as it may be!:love:

UIC is my #1 choice due to its affordability and close proximity to where I live. I would settle for Midwestern but the thought of its tuition makes me :(

i shouldn't even be talking though. i have yet been offered interviews to either school since i applied so late! hopefully i am still a worthy applicant

UIC is my #1 choice due to its affordability and close proximity to where I live. I would settle for Midwestern but the thought of its tuition makes me :(

i shouldn't even be talking though. i have yet been offered interviews to either school since i applied so late! hopefully i am still a worthy applicant

ditto with me. UIC is making itself seem very unprofessional right now. I kinda wish Champaign had pharmacy school. Here's to hoping they send out interviews tomorrow.

Agree!!!
UIC is definitely worth waiting for!!!!!

It should be any day now, it is probably taking longer this time because they have to interview/accept more people due to the opening of the Rockford campus. I think UIC is worth waiting for, as painful as it may be!:love:

ditto with me. UIC is making itself seem very unprofessional right now. I kinda wish Champaign had pharmacy school. Here's to hoping they send out interviews tomorrow.

Haha, I feel the same about how Champaign should have a pharmacy school. Then I wouldn't have to go apartment hunting or worry about getting lost in a new town.

In the mean time I'm just trying to be patient about UIC. They probably got a lot of applicants this year and are trying to determine which campus people should be offered seats for.

I was the annoying applicant that called today to find out when we might know. She said no decisions have been reached and we won't know for another one to two weeks.
Seems a bit ridiculous in my opinion and honestly quite a bit of a turn off for me.

I was the annoying applicant that called today to find out when we might know. She said no decisions have been reached and we won't know for another one to two weeks.
Seems a bit ridiculous in my opinion and honestly quite a bit of a turn off for me.

:thumbup:Thanks! Now my mailman can think I am not stalking him anymore :rolleyes:

So UIC is postponing their decision, interview week is still in March?

My guess is that interviews will still be held during their spring break, march 22 to 26th. If interview invitations come out in two weeks, that will just make it very expensive for out of staters to fly in and make the interviews. I'm starting to think uic is doing this on purpose to weed out the uncommitted and those out of state.

Regarding the 2 campuses:

did any of you guys select Rockford as your choice? I did not, and I don't know if there is much interest in that particular program. If you were selected to go to Rockford, would you still go?

Just something to talk about while we wait :)

I would go to rockford if the main campus turned me down. I'd prefer the chicago campus though. I didn't mark down Rockford on the supplemental though, so I'm not sure how that would work.

I would go to rockford if the main campus turned me down. I'd prefer the chicago campus though. I didn't mark down Rockford on the supplemental though, so I'm not sure how that would work.

I'm a loser and I dug up what it said on the supplemental:

CAMPUS PREFERENCE
Please select the campus you would prefer to attend by checking a single box below. We will make every attempt to
place viable candidates at their preferred campuses. The College of Pharmacy Office of Student Affairs will contact
viable candidates if campus preference is not available.

Select Illinois students with rural backgrounds are eligible to apply to the Rockford Rural Pharmacy
(RPharm) program. RPharm students will receive education and mentoring on the health care needs of
rural communities. Students in this program will train with medical students from the University of Illinois
College of Medicine at Rockford Rural Medicine (RMED) program. If you wish to be contacted regarding the
Rockford RPharm program, please check the appropriate box.

So pretty much, they'll try to match everyone up which is good. I wonder what qualifies as a rural background though...

Regarding the 2 campuses:

did any of you guys select Rockford as your choice? I did not, and I don't know if there is much interest in that particular program. If you were selected to go to Rockford, would you still go?

Just something to talk about while we wait :)

I put Rockford down as my first choice. I live in the area and work at one of the hospitals there, so that would make things easy. Plus, cost of living is like 1/3 of that in Chicago and I am cheap!:)

I'm a loser and I dug up what it said on the supplemental:
So pretty much, they'll try to match everyone up which is good. I wonder what qualifies as a rural background though...

I wonder the same thing. Does anybody know what qualifies as "a rural background"??