2023-2024 UT Rio Grande Valley

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I appreciate it. Also, I read that the virtual portion is two 30-minute interviews. These seem like the traditional type of interviews & it doesn't seem like they have presentations between them. Do you know if that's right?
Right, they're two traditional 25-30 min interviews. I had them back to back, no presentations

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know around what time prematch offers are usually sent?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what on-campus housing is like? Or any apartment complexes nearby ?

Before the virtual interview, did a "Web Interview" tab pop up for y'all in your portal? The Interview Day Overview page mentions this tab, but I'm not seeing it yet. Not sure if it pops up the day before or of the interview?

Before the virtual interview, did a "Web Interview" tab pop up for y'all in your portal? The Interview Day Overview page mentions this tab, but I'm not seeing it yet. Not sure if it pops up the day before or of the interview?
I have mine today and I went in yesterday to check things out and I was able to see that tab. When do you have yours?

it’ll eventually pop up. mine didn’t show up for a while but i was able to see it like 4 days before my interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when UTRGV will send the next batch of PMOs??? I’m assuming their ED cuts into those numbers a bit

Prematched this morning!!
Congrats!!! Also pre-matched on 10/16 :) I signed the contingency form, do I also accept the offer in the portal? I didn't see anything in the letter about it and wondered if it were binding? Thanks!

Congrats!!! Also pre-matched on 10/16 :) I signed the contingency form, do I also accept the offer in the portal? I didn't see anything in the letter about it and wondered if it were binding? Thanks!
no pre-match offers are binding, you still get to roll the dice on Match Day if you have more interviews!

If by then you only have the one TMDSAS interview, you still need to rank it #1 for Match

We'll go over this stuff again before then.

no pre-match offers are binding, you still get to roll the dice on Match Day if you have more interviews!

If by then you only have the one TMDSAS interview, you still need to rank it #1 for Match

We'll go over this stuff again before then.
Gotcha! Thank you for your help!

PREMATCHED THIS MORNING!!!
felicidades !
puro-pinche-956-valley-texas-palm-tree-mexican-colors-shirt-classic-mens-t-shirt.jpg

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
I was not able to see it there either, however… They sent out an email for the in person-interview day, listed in the email was a link for the visitor parking and more instructions on where to go that day.
Hi! How many days before your in-person interview did you receive this email? I have mine this week and haven't gotten one.

Hi! How many days before your in-person interview did you receive this email? I have mine this week and haven't gotten one.
I had the in-person interview on Friday and they sent the email on the Monday of that same week… so about 4 days before.

how was the in-person interview? it feels like its kinda pointless with the online interview following it

Does anyone know if the online portion of the interview is open-file or closed-file style?

Hi all! Any current medical students here who would be ok with me private messaging them with questions? Thank you so much!

Word to y'all who are still working on your UTRGV Secondary:

The due date for all TMDSAS primary apps is November 1, but the due date for the UTRGV Secondary app is also November 1.
If you have been putting off wrapping up the essays or recording your 2-minute video, get it done!

Reactions: 2 users
I went to my group interview but I don't have a green check mark on the web portal saying i went. Does anyone else see the same thing?

I went to my group interview but I don't have a green check mark on the web portal saying i went. Does anyone else see the same thing?
Yeah same, I only got the green check for the online interviews.

how long do yall think responses to interview questions should be? just a general question lol
i figured 90-120 seconds would be enough?

For those who did the in-person group interview and are not from the RGV area. What hotel did you stay at, and would you recommend it?

Hi everyone, can someone tell me how long it takes to recieve an interview after you sbumit your secindary here?

Hi everyone, can someone tell me how long it takes to recieve an interview after you sbumit your secindary here?
The secondary deadline was today, so hopefully they will be done processing any new applications and will be able to evaluate the ones they have a little faster.
However, they are a little unpredictable so if you have turned your application in over 4 weeks ago it wouldn't hurt to email them and ask them to check to see if you are complete.

I submitted my secondary mid June and didn’t get an II until late September but it all worked out! Just be patient :)

I found this from last year's thread: "Students are voted on within a week of their in-person date. If selected for prematch, they will be notified the first Monday after a full week has passed."

Does anyone who got prematched know if the above is still the case this year? At least based on your personal timeline

I found this from last year's thread: "Students are voted on within a week of their in-person date. If selected for prematch, they will be notified the first Monday after a full week has passed."

Does anyone who got prematched know if the above is still the case this year? At least based on your personal timeline
We were told we’d be notified of prematch after thanksgiving in the mid October interview.

Anyone else here decided to attend this med school after prematching???