2023-2024 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got office of admission scholarship email and wasn't selected, will be withdrawing soon.
just as a heads up, there’s still the office of financial aid scholarships! only 29 people got an admissions scholarship. but the admissions ones were the biggest so i get it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
just as a heads up, there’s still the office of financial aid scholarships! only 29 people got an admissions scholarship. but the admissions ones were the biggest so i get it!
True! But my demonstrated need is quite low and I doubt any fin aid I get from the U will compare to scholarships I've already gotten elsewhere. Hence withdrawing

• Care
Got office of admission scholarship email and wasn't selected, will be withdrawing soon. Good luck to everyone on the WL!
Did they just send this to the email associated with your AMCAS application? I haven't received any information yet, which is why I ask.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes they did
Thanks! Dang, I wonder why I haven't heard anything one way or the other. I only plan on attending the U if I'm able to get a sizeable scholarship. I too am very low SES and have gotten scholarships from other schools.

Thanks! Dang, I wonder why I haven't heard anything one way or the other. I only plan on attending the U if I'm able to get a sizeable scholarship. I too am very low SES and have gotten scholarships from other schools.
If you're low SES you might get good financial aid!

I already got my scholarship- did you apply by the 3/12 first review deadline? And you did both the Admisisons and Financial Aid scholarship apps?

I already got my scholarship- did you apply by the 3/12 first review deadline? And you did both the Admisisons and Financial Aid scholarship apps?
I think so! I completed the general application back in February, and the second one in the first week of March. I'm attaching screenshots just to be sure we're talking about the same things!

Attachments

• 24.25.jpg
    24.25.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 74
  • general.jpg
    general.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 72
I think so! I completed the general application back in February, and the second one in the first week of March. I'm attaching screenshots just to be sure we're talking about the same things!
After you filled out the general application did you submit the Spencer Fox Eccles School of Medicine Office of Admission Scholarships specific application?

After you filled out the general application did you submit the Spencer Fox Eccles School of Medicine Office of Admission Scholarships specific application?
Do you have a screenshot of what that one looks like? I'm not entirely sure

Members don't see this ad :)
They said that if people who got them withdraw they will get re-awarded so there is still hope!

• Love
Does anyone know if it’s possible to withdraw from the RUUTE application without declining the admission offer?

Has anyone heard of any WL movement? Went to a feedback session a week or so ago and they said there hadn’t been any yet, likely due to FAFSA delays. Hoping this changes soon!!

Has anyone heard of any WL movement? Went to a feedback session a week or so ago and they said there hadn’t been any yet, likely due to FAFSA delays. Hoping this changes soon!!
We just had second look too so that + not having financial aid packages is likely pushing it! I know a good amount of people at second look were choosing between multiple so wishing you luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Dr. Chan called me and left a voicemail today. Been trying to call that foo but no response. I wonder what its for. Got waitlisted like last month.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Dr. Chan called me and left a voicemail today. Been trying to call that foo but no response. I wonder what its for. Got waitlisted like last month.
got the call off the waitlist woohoo!! but will have to withdraw goodluck too all of u

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone OOS and committed to the U? Could you give please DM me if so?? Thank you!!

Just got an email the CTE deadline is now May 30, 2024

the U admissions office
so does that mean the AAMC still requires whittling down to one Plan to Enroll school, and this extension would really only serve those hoping for an acceptance off a WL at another school and not yet ready to commit to the U?

I think so? It seems like they only have info about Commit to Enroll and just need a final decision by the 30th now. There's nothing about needed to select plan to enroll.

Received the A off the waitlist on Friday. Posting here so people know there is movement happening.

Withdrew my A for the Idaho spot! Best of luck everyone, you will do amazing no matter where you end up!

Withdrew my A today. Best of much to you all!

I didn’t realize we had to accept WL positions on the portal. Just accepted. This is so stupid of me to miss. Anyone know if this affects anything?

I didn’t realize we had to accept WL positions on the portal. Just accepted. This is so stupid of me to miss. Anyone know if this affects anything?
Highly doubt it man, from what I have understood they rank us all internally on the waitlist so I don't think it would change your spot or anything like that.

Wish I applied to the U of U. Is there a state residency requirement or does it require ties to Utah?

Wish I applied to the U of U. Is there a state residency requirement or does it require ties to Utah?
Yes, not OOS friendly. They have mostly UT resident seats (90), then 10 spots for non residents who graduated a UT high school, 10 for ID residents, and 15 nonresident spots, though the nonresident spots I believe they heavily favor Montana/Wyoming residents.

Reactions: 2 users
A for OOS/Utah undergrad off WL. I hope everyone gets off, this process is brutal and I’m sympathize with you all so much

• Love
Reactions: 7 users