2023-2024 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I called and they told me they released As and WLs but made no rejection decisions yet. They told me no decision has been made on my app yet and I will be in the second wave

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
So I called and they told me they released As and WLs but made no rejection decisions yet. They told me no decision has been made on my app yet and I will be in the second wave
so I take it anything 1/22 or beyond has not been reviewed as of yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone plz tell me if that means those who interviewed in the fall and haven’t heard back yet are rejected

Members don't see this ad :)
If no decision has been made does that mean the debate is between WL and R given our II time in the cycle? Or else we would have been WL right?🥲

If no decision has been made does that mean the debate is between WL and R given our II time in the cycle? Or else we would have been WL right?🥲

Could be that they want to review your application again for the second wave?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
does that mean anyone who interviewed in the fall who hasn't gotten a decision yet has essentially been deferred to the next wave? why weren't we notified of this

You could call and ask about the status of your application? They are super nice and willing to let you know—they offered and I didn’t even ask lol

Reactions: 4 users
You literally rock for this!

• Love
I interviewed 1/23 but honestly maybe I am done cos I was JMP but got rejected from the regular med school pre-II, and it seems those have gone out? Ugh

So it’s looking like if you interviewed earlier on and didn’t get any decision today they’re probably debating whether they want to send you a straight rejection vs a waitlist right

So it’s looking like if you interviewed earlier on and didn’t get any decision today they’re probably debating whether they want to send you a straight rejection vs a waitlist right
Maybe. Could also just be behind on general A/WL/R decisions considering they said decisions would be released late last week/early this week and were just released today.

I interviewed 01/11 for PRIME-SJV, should I assume R if I didn't hear back today or is it still too early to tell?

Members don't see this ad :)
Debating between R or WL is ridiculous lol theyre basically the same thing. Why couldn’t they communicate to people who didn’t get a decision today that they would be deferred to the second wave? Wild man

Yes im salty

I feel you that med schools should be more transparent. But in their defense, if sdn and Reddit didn’t exist no one would know when others heard back and there wouldn’t be so much stress. I wish it was different because I’ve been led on by too many schools at this point

Reactions: 3 users
Still haven’t received an II yet. Secondary complete in September. Anyone know if there will be any more interview dates? Website says IIs go out until early February. We’re kind of reaching the end of that period soon 😅

Still haven’t received an II yet. Secondary complete in September. Anyone know if there will be any more interview dates? Website says IIs go out until early February. We’re kind of reaching the end of that period soon 😅
Same but mid-August for me. I think I’m gonna call tomorrow and ask if my app is still under review or not.

Reactions: 2 users
Just to confirm, accepting their current offer is non-binding and is only a confirmation of continued interest, correct?

Just to confirm, accepting their current offer is non-binding and is only a confirmation of continued interest, correct?

Correct! Nothing is binding until April 15th and eventually April 30th

It’s UCSF bro. Can’t get better than this. Just messing with you lol

• Haha
Wondering if all the WL emails were the same? UCSF has been so kind in communications :oops:

Does anyone know when Accepted Students Weekend is? It only says it’s in April on the Admissions website.

Not to bring up the spooky financial aid letter again but I'm on the WL and just got the letter 💀
I guess that proves there was no predictive value to the letter for future generations who may be studying this thread

If anyone else from the pre-II, no R silence gang has called to ask if their app is still under consideration, please let us know what they said! I might end up doing it myself too :)

I'm thrilled with how this cycle has turned out overall, but an interview from UCSF might re-shuffle the cards... I've been taking an (overly optimistic?) no news is good news mentality towards the radio silence. But the uncertainty is definitely challenging especially when it comes to arranging housing/ planning finances/ hubby getting a job in the city we're currently re-locating to.

If anyone else from the pre-II, no R silence gang has called to ask if their app is still under consideration, please let us know what they said! I might end up doing it myself too :)

I'm thrilled with how this cycle has turned out overall, but an interview from UCSF might re-shuffle the cards... I've been taking an (overly optimistic?) no news is good news mentality towards the radio silence. But the uncertainty is definitely challenging especially when it comes to arranging housing/ planning finances/ hubby getting a job in the city we're currently re-locating to.
Would also love to know the answer to this! No idea if I should still be optimistic :rofl:

Same exact boat as you! An interview here would definitely reshuffle the cards. So I’ve been complete since mid-August and I actually called today to check on the status of my application. The person told me all they could see was that I was marked screening complete, which means they are done looking through my app, but there was no further update. It didn’t say rejected or anything, so I’m guessing a formal decision hasn’t been made on my app yet for some reason. However, being pre-II, I did ask if they’re still sending interview invites and was told that their interview spots are filled, BUT that the committee could send additional invites at their discretion. What that means for me, I think that likely I’ll just be rejected lol they also said next batch of decisions will come out in March. Take all that as you will, hopefully this helps lol

Edit: grammar

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Update for any fall interviewees who haven't heard back yet: I called admissions and they said that if we weren't accepted or waitlisted this Friday, then we will either hear back in March with an A or a WL, OR we will receive a post-II R in between now and the March decision wave. yippee i guess

• Wow
Update for any fall interviewees who haven't heard back yet: I called admissions and they said that if we weren't accepted or waitlisted this Friday, then we will either hear back in March with an A or a WL, OR we will receive a post-II R in between now and the March decision wave. yippee i guess
Goat

• Care
Same exact boat as you! An interview here would definitely reshuffle the cards. So I’ve been complete since mid-August and I actually called today to check on the status of my application. The person told me all they could see was that I was marked screening complete, which means they are done looking through my app, but there was no further update. It didn’t say rejected or anything, so I’m guessing a formal decision hasn’t been made on my app yet for some reason. However, being pre-II, I did ask if they’re some sending interviews and was told that their interview spots are filled, BUT that the committee could send additional invites at their discretion. What that means for me, I think that likely I’ll just be rejected lol they also said next batch of decisions will come out in March. Take all that as you will, hopefully this helps lol
Omg thank you for calling! Oof... Yeah I'll take that as a soft R for sure. Hard to imagine they'd give me an interview at their discretion if they've already read my app (complete in Oct.) But then again, who would they be giving these last-min interviews to besides folks whose apps have already been reviewed/ passed over? Super last minute, stellar applicants?

I can hear myself justifying holding out hope... it's that pesky optimism again :rofl:

Same exact boat as you! An interview here would definitely reshuffle the cards. So I’ve been complete since mid-August and I actually called today to check on the status of my application. The person told me all they could see was that I was marked screening complete, which means they are done looking through my app, but there was no further update. It didn’t say rejected or anything, so I’m guessing a formal decision hasn’t been made on my app yet for some reason. However, being pre-II, I did ask if they’re some sending interviews and was told that their interview spots are filled, BUT that the committee could send additional invites at their discretion. What that means for me, I think that likely I’ll just be rejected lol they also said next batch of decisions will come out in March. Take all that as you will, hopefully this helps lol
Homies got the bag. You literally a goat with the ucsd and ucla dubs. UCSF has too much poop around their school for you to go there 🐐🐐🐐

• Haha
  • Care
P much all of california hm?
San Francisco specifically. Someone made an app that showed you whenever there was poop on the ground somewhere, and when you would look at san fran, I kid you not, it was just one gigantic poop emoji. Horrible. Cool place, but way too much poop for me

Last edited:
  • Haha
I wonder is they are just unable to reveal that those remaining have been rejected. If we were still being considered why wouldn’t they waitlist us

• Hmm
For the UCSF Financial Aid Form, what login are we supposed to use? (it may be on the letter and I just haven't gotten it yet)

Are accepted students able to see the "Choose you medical school" option in AMCAS or is it going to be available after a certain date?

Are accepted students able to see the "Choose you medical school" option in AMCAS or is it going to be available after a certain date?
It opens Feb 19th and you can see it if you have 1 or more offers of admission

• Wow
For those who were selected alternate for both regular MD and JMP - in the financial aid application, what are you putting for the question that asks what program we'll be starting in Fall 2024? It has options for both JMP 1 and Medicine 1, and I'm alternate for both, so not sure which one applies... :/

Nope, alt list for both JMP & regular MD, so not sure which program to complete it for