2023-2024 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS A! Interviewed 9/25. Sobbing crying💗 any admitted students fb?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now. They are scheduling out in April. Seems like it'll be a waitlist interview.

Reactions: 2 users
II just now. They are scheduling out in April. Seems like it'll be a waitlist interview.
What's up with this negativity? Cheer up brother, an interview is an interview. Past threads indicate April interviews have turned into outright As.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
IS and got waitlisted today. Interviewed late September. Although I was hoping for an acceptance I’m happy it’s not an R! 🥲

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
IS R, interviewed this month. One of the most devastating moments of my life tbh
aw im sorry :( Dw other schools will pull through. If you don't mind me asking, what date did you interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
not to be neurotic, but does everyone's portal have "interview status" and "interview date" with a red exclamation point next to both? i don't want false hope LOL

Do we get an email or portal update after the acceptance call? 🤔

congrats!! did you get a text or anything prior to the call?
Nope, just a call. Didn’t answer right away because of all the spam calls I’ve been getting but he left a voicemail to call back for an update on my application 😊

has anyone gotten an email sayign they're missing prerequisites in preparation for their interview day, when you literally are not? 🥲

has anyone gotten an email sayign they're missing prerequisites in preparation for their interview day, when you literally are not? 🥲
I would just reach out and ask them to clarify. They have very unique reqs for things to qualify. A lot of the upper div bio courses that qualify at other schools do not qualify with them. For example, an upper div lab class or an upper div behavioral biology class does not satisfy their "one upper-division biology course." For one of the people I know that got in last year, they let them just take it at a community college class after they got accepted.

IS A!! One of my top choices so I’m so grateful for this opportunity 😭 interviewed 11/13
Good luck to the rest of you guys and happy holidays ❤️

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know if UCI does a second look? Can’t find anything about it on their website.

Sheepish of me to bring it up now(I’m human :’)) but did anyone else also get an early WL mid-October?

• Care
Interview scheduled for 4/2 ... any advice or info about the format? Thank you :)

What is the consensus for UCI sending out IIs at this time? Are the majority of IIs already sent out, the remaining ones being sent are for WL spots, etc. Haven't gotten any correspondence since completing secondary in August

What is the consensus for UCI sending out IIs at this time? Are the majority of IIs already sent out, the remaining ones being sent are for WL spots, etc. Haven't gotten any correspondence since completing secondary in August
No one knows honestly. Doesn't matter how late you interview, if you interview you have a chance

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else received an acceptance call but no email or portal update? It’s been 3 weeks since the call for me, but also understandable due to the holidays.

Has anyone else received an acceptance call but no email or portal update? It’s been 3 weeks since the call for me, but also understandable due to the holidays.

I received my email immediately after my phone call! Dean Osborn told me that the email should be there. You should call the admissions office!!

• Care