2023-2024 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Really enjoyed my interview here. Everyone was so friendly and relaxed. I hope they provide me a response soon 🤞

Members don't see this ad.

Is UCI curriculum pass/no pass? I wasn't able to find anything online.

Is UCI curriculum pass/no pass? I wasn't able to find anything online.
It is pass/fail and not ranked during first year, and then I think its honors/pass/fail and there is a rank

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just had my interview here! It went well I think. My interviews were both around 40 minutes long, but that was because I asked a lot of questions and talked A LOT. My med student interviewer only had 2 questions for me and my faculty interviewer had like 3 or 4. Everyone was nice though!

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know how uci feels about getting a letter of interest or letter of intent post II? do they view it in a positive way or is it just a waste of time

does anyone know how uci feels about getting a letter of interest or letter of intent post II? do they view it in a positive way or is it just a waste of time
negatively perhaps, the UCs say that LOIs confer an unfair advantage because there are people out there who don’t know about them. stupid logic imo, but I asked that question directly during a q&a with ALL the UC med school deans

what is UCI's policy on Letters of Interest pre-II? or has UCI pretty much wrapped up interview season

I interviewed first week of january and haven’t heard back yet … anyone know what the timeline is roughly?

Reactions: 2 users
Similar question to above. Anyone know when Late Feb interviewees may hear back?

Lol i interviewed early december and am still waiting to hear back.. anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!
Just doing a call-to-action to fill out the Recorded Video Interview survey to help future applicants. Since you have taken a Kira Talent interview (live or recorded), your input is especially desired.

does anyone know when PRIME-LC decisions are supposed to be released?

Has no one heard anything in a minute? I interviewed early Jan and expected to hear back by now (at least if it was an A) but perhaps i’m mistaken
I interviewed in December and was told not to expect to hear back before the new year. still haven't heard any news from them yet.

I interviewed 2/15 and was told 1-3 months til a response. But 3 months would be 5/15 past the day to commit. I hope they send out some responses soon

I really hope UCI releases decision soon... I interviewed 1/18 and they said the earliest I can expect to hear back is 2 months.

lol my interview is in April... at this rate I'll be finding out my decision on the first day of school

• Haha
I interviewed 2/15 and was told 1-3 months til a response. But 3 months would be 5/15 past the day to commit. I hope they send out some responses soon
Weird. I interviewed 2/22 and was told 3 to 4 weeks … ????

• Wow
lol my interview is in April... at this rate I'll be finding out my decision on the first day of school
Same I hope they’ll make decisions faster with the April interviews

Just withdrew from my April interview. Hopefully they are not already at capacity in terms of II's so it may go to anyone who is still waiting :)

• Care
I’m eagerly waiting for an II from my alma mater. Anyone know if interviews are done?

Interviewed 2/15, alternate list email this evening 3/11 :(

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Do we know when their second look days are? It seems like they haven't sent out a lot of A's, so I'm confused about the timing
I think UCISOM has several 2nd look or Med Admit days as they call it. I’m pretty sure one of them already happened since I work on the school’s campus and saw it.

Do we know when their second look days are? It seems like they haven't sent out a lot of A's, so I'm confused about the timing
They had one 2/26, they have another in person one 3/26, and they do a virtual one in April

any updates on when December interviewees can expect to hear back by?

Yes. Or maybe you can if you aren't, but it'd be weird since they congratulate everyone like 15 times on getting accepted lol
If you don't go to a beach bordering school. Please pass your CI on to me. Thx (my only A is in MA tho...)

IS, interviewed 2/15, post-interview R on 3/11 :’) I wish y’all better luck than me <3

• Care
I actually got an interview at UCI ... for a faculty position. lol yay!

Medical school, get the hell out. Teaching you guys, maybe?

• Haha
  • Wow
Interviewed in December, still waiting…does anyone know the latest dates school usually get back to you after an interview?

I actually got an interview at UCI ... for a faculty position. lol yay!

Medical school, get the hell out. Teaching you guys, maybe?
can you tell them to hurry up with our decisions 🙏🙏

Interviewed in December, still waiting…does anyone know the latest dates school usually get back to you after an interview?
Same. They told us in the interview that they wouldn't hold decisions. So, considering that other people from later interview dates have already heard back (WL, R, A(?)), I'm not sure where I stand...

Same. They told us in the interview that they wouldn't hold decisions. So, considering that other people from later interview dates have already heard back (WL, R, A(?)), I'm not sure where I stand...
I'm not sure if anyone has gotten an A who interviewed recently (as in Jan onward)? Could also just not be reported though

plz pray for me. This is the last school that I interviewed at that I have yet to hear from. Everywhere else is a WL. Submitting a letter of intent. Interviewed 02/22. Good luck to everyone :)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
plz pray for me. This is the last school that I interviewed at that I have yet to hear from. Everywhere else is a WL. Submitting a letter of intent. Interviewed 02/22. Good luck to everyone :)
🙏🏼 All the best. Someone mentioned sending LOI is worth if something significant like a publication or conference presentation happened since last communication. But no harm in sending one anyway - Go for it !

bro its been 12 weeks since my interview where are these decisions