2022-2023 University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No access to email either
yeah, then I would recommend emailing them to troubleshoot. The best option will be to hear from them before then! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
There are five seconds left in the fourth quarter of the Superbowl. I feel like all of us waitlisters are just wide receivers running toward the end zone waiting for UNC to lob a hail mary pass. Who's catching the acceptance? Dig deep, jump high, finish strong. Let's see those bunnies

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
lol at the UNC General Alumni Association email giving me palpitations just now

Reactions: 3 users
Will you have access to email? I've emailed them regarding a similar issue where I will be out of the country for months so I won't be able to take calls. They said they will use my email to notify me.
Thank you for your service.

Reactions: 2 users
lol at the UNC General Alumni Association email giving me palpitations just now

They called me earlier this cycle and I could've killed someone after picking up/realizing it wasn't an A LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok Dean Jim White with the College of Arts and Sciences just gave me a heart attack. I swear any time I see anything UNC related in my inbox my blood pressure spikes by like 30 mmHg.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Just to give everyone a heads up, people are constantly dropping out of our class groupme. We are down to about 161 people with around 6 of them being current students. I hope to see more of you get off the waitlist!

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Just to give everyone a heads up, people are constantly dropping out of our class groupme. We are down to about 161 people with around 6 of them being current students. I hope to see more of you get off the waitlist!
You da bomb!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I just received the call! I hope they don't rescind the A because I was crying tears of joy and hyperventilating while on the phone. I'm IS and interviewed in early October.

This is my first and only acceptance! I honestly lost a bit of hope and seriously had my mind set on going to grad school. Don't lose hope y'all. Going to keep my fingers crossed for all of you!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 27 users
I just received the call! I hope they don't rescind the A because I was crying tears of joy and hyperventilating while on the phone. I'm IS and interviewed in early October.

This is my first and only acceptance! I honestly lost a bit of hope and seriously had my mind set on going to grad school. Don't lose hope y'all. Going to keep my fingers crossed for all of you!
Congratulations! That is amazing!!

Congrats!! That's freaking amazing

That's wonderful, congratulations

May the Force be with us today! I have A New Hope that a lot of us get in today since quite a few did last year - keep our spirits high and remember that you're not in this Solo. Yoda best and we're all gonna see each other on campus next year - I can feel it!

Edit: I am so sorry this is awful lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Just got the A off the waitlist. Absolutely Speechless. IS, URM, and Interviewed in February. Dreams come true! Good luck to you all, this thread was a life saver.

• Care
Reactions: 17 users
Hi, all! Long time lurker who was recently accepted to UNC (got the call yesterday afternoon at 2:45) and finally decided to create an account. IS, ORM, non-traditional applicant. UNC was my first choice so the wait, while excruciating, was well-worth it! Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back with good news!

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Congrats to those who got in this week! Would anyone be willing to share whether you are a reapplicant (twice or even 3 times?)?

Hi! I was recently admitted off the waitlist! Does anyone know if admitted students off the waitlist are still eligible for merit scholarships?

I think (though could be wrong) UNC-CH SOM is taking like 205 students this year, so that's a positive (or at least hope it is)
positivity is the only thing getting me through all of this!

I think (though could be wrong) UNC-CH SOM is taking like 205 students this year, so that's a positive (or at least hope it is)
what? Where did you get that information? I thought alibon earlier said that this year's class size is around 190-200.

what? Where did you get that information? I thought alibon earlier said that this year's class size is around 190-200.
I had a friend who called in back in January and was told by Admissions that they were accepting 205 this year. The friend is reliable (and also on the waitlist). That's why I qualified with "I think". :)

I had a friend who called in back in January and was told by Admissions that they were accepting 205 this year. The friend is reliable (and also on the waitlist). That's why I qualified with "I think". :)
pretty sure they also said this number during my sunday interview info session (september)!

Do we think all the spots are filled then and it’s a one off - one on situation or are they waiting to extend some spots

That just made me really optimistic 😳

Do we think all the spots are filled then and it’s a one off - one on situation or are they waiting to extend some spots
That’s what I’m wondering too. It seems like they’ve been very spotty with giving out As.

Are there any current med students who could answer some questions about unc? Please message me!

Not sure if this is valid news. They are trying to match the demographics of the person who drops and balance the class. Facebook group may not be the accurate depiction of accepted students. For students holding other As, is it time to decide? Alibon or anyone pls advise

Not sure if this is valid news. They are trying to match the demographics of the person who drops and balance the class. Facebook group may not be the accurate depiction of accepted students. For students holding other As, is it time to decide? Alibon or anyone pls advise
No insider information here but given it’s not a “ranked list,” that’s what I would suspect. The ADCOM folks likely has in mind what they envision the class to constitute and to extent that there is a withdrawal they’d choose to replace with a similar profile. Again, I’m engaging in pure Friday speculation.! :)

This is what I️ heard from my fourth year friend who was on the admissions committee. That’s basically all she told me about the WL process! So if you have lower stats, don’t stress too hard. UNC is very holistic.

is there any other way we can get a better idea of how many people were admitted? :(

Yeah the depression is starting to set in lol. I was really hoping to not have to take my MCAT again but I guess it's probably going to have to happen.

After 520 4.0 gpa ORM, did not expect to WL at CH (tons of research and clinical too and the interview went well too or so I thought) but I am fortunate to have an A elsewhere. i wish everyone waiting gets an A here or somewhere. Esp. Drizzle98 praying for you !
I wish they are transparent about the WLs. I thought someone in this forum said 195 seats this year as the building is not ready yet.
Anyway I plan to finalize this week. Yeah it is my dream school but.. the wait is killing me.

Reactions: 5 users
For those who got off the WL, when’s the deadline to respond to the offer? Just trying to figure out when the next wave will be.

For those who got off the WL, when’s the deadline to respond to the offer? Just trying to figure out when the next wave will be.
I got the acceptance call on May 3rd and the following email said I needed to confirm I was accepting the offer by May 8th.

After 520 4.0 gpa ORM, did not expect to WL at CH (tons of research and clinical too and the interview went well too or so I thought) but I am fortunate to have an A elsewhere. i wish everyone waiting gets an A here or somewhere. Esp. Drizzle98 praying for you !
I wish they are transparent about the WLs. I thought someone in this forum said 195 seats this year as the building is not ready yet.
Anyway I plan to finalize this week. Yeah it is my dream school but.. the wait is killing me.

You're a legend my friend. At the end of the day, an As an A and you're definitely going to be an amazing doctor! Thanks for the shoutout <3