2022-2023 UC - San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if UCSD sends out the post-interview decisions at a certain time? They said March 3rd for my group and I'm trying to not be anxious the whole day / constantly refreshing my email haha
mine came at 10am pst!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if UCSD sends out the post-interview decisions at a certain time? They said March 3rd for my group and I'm trying to not be anxious the whole day / constantly refreshing my email haha
Mine came out around 2 pm PST; WS emails went out before A emails

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
People who got accepted, how did you think you did on the MMI? Got smacked around on a couple of the stations. Especially for two of them. For one of them with the faculty member, he grilled me pretty hard and just cut off the interview and said bye with about 3 minutes left.

Members don't see this ad :)
People who got accepted, how did you think you did on the MMI? Got smacked around on a couple of the stations. Especially for two of them. For one of them with the faculty member, he grilled me pretty hard and just cut off the interview and said bye with about 3 minutes left.
I got rejected with that same experience. There were at least 1-2 rough ones mixed in. At one station, the interviewer concluded by implying I did amazing and he/she felt I would have a high chance in this process. What I envision post-interview is everyone sitting around discussing your app and if one person hates it for XYZ reason they toss it out. Who knows if the people who interviewed you are even there? What I am trying to say is that the interview is likely a small part of the story.

I got rejected with that same experience. There were at least 1-2 rough ones mixed in. At one station, the interviewer concluded by implying I did amazing and he/she felt I would have a high chance in this process. What I envision post-interview is everyone sitting around discussing your app and if one person hates it for XYZ reason they toss it out. Who knows if the people who interviewed you are even there? What I am trying to say is that the interview is likely a small part of the story.
Sorry for that. I think they score your overall interview and it's looked at with all the other parts of your app. But yeah, hoping the other parts pull through.

Members don't see this ad :)
Post-II R. Can't blame them, my interview wasn't the best at all. It was such an odd interview day experience. But it is what it is. Good luck to everyone else! ✌🏽

• Care
Post-II R. Can't blame them, my interview wasn't the best at all. It was such an odd interview day experience. But it is what it is. Good luck to everyone else! ✌🏽
Might have had a similar experience. Can I DM you?

Pre-II Hold --> R just now. Good luck, all!

• Care
So for those of us WL'd, we basically sit tight until May or they reach out asking for an update? Is there anything else they recommend us doing to show interest (campus tour, etc)?

So for those of us WL'd, we basically sit tight until May or they reach out asking for an update? Is there anything else they recommend us doing to show interest (campus tour, etc)?
Nope, they'll just ask us for an update letter eventually.

Reactions: 3 users
Does the WL email still say expect us to reach out to you in April with movement in May? Or have they updated it?

Received the A at 8 am today!!! Interviewed 3/7. Still waiting on prime-heq

Did any other PRIME-HEq applicants who have been accepted to UCSD (but have yet to hear back for PRIME) receive the email invite earlier this morning for the second look session in April?

Did any other PRIME-HEq applicants who have been accepted to UCSD (but have yet to hear back for PRIME) receive the email invite earlier this morning for the second look session in April?
Not me, does the email say it’s specific for prime-heq?

Not me, does the email say it’s specific for prime-heq?
“Dear PRIME HEq Applicants,

We would like to invite you to our PRIME HEq 2nd Look Welcome Session, please join us! Our session will be short and sweet. We plan to have a few of our PRIME students join us and have a short informational presentation.”

There was also an RSVP link. Wasn’t sure if this went out to all the applicants but found if strange since decisions are supposed to be released at end of March?

“Dear PRIME HEq Applicants,

We would like to invite you to our PRIME HEq 2nd Look Welcome Session, please join us! Our session will be short and sweet. We plan to have a few of our PRIME students join us and have a short informational presentation.”

There was also an RSVP link. Wasn’t sure if this went out to all the applicants but found if strange since decisions are supposed to be released at end of March?
Yeah I checked my emails but I didn’t receive anything. I also was just accepted this past Friday so idk. But hopefully it’s a good sign for you!!

Yeah I checked last years forum and prime was released the Wednesday of this week

Yeah I checked my emails but I didn’t receive anything. I also was just accepted this past Friday so idk. But hopefully it’s a good sign for you!!

Yeah I checked last years forum and prime was released the Wednesday of this week
Ahhh congrats on the recent A!! :) fingers crossed for PRIME for the both of us

Does anyone know what grading system UCSD uses for the clerkship years? I know for the pre-clinical years, it's P/F. I wasn't able to find info on the website so if anyone knows or can provide a website that would be great! :)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but UCSD doesn't have a ranked WL, right? Are all Alt list candidates just reevaluated in May?

Does anyone know if prime-heq notifies if you’ve been rejected to the program?

Hello. Just curious to what it means to be unranked waitlist. I was accepted to a few other schools and am going to begin the process of enrolling. That being said, proximity to family wise this was my top school. I was waitlisted at another school and it tells me my exact position in the waitlist. I was wondering that since this is unranked, then we're all randomized and stand equal chance as opposed to do those waitlisted earlier? Not sure if my question makes sense. Regardless, good luck everyone

Hello. Just curious to what it means to be unranked waitlist. I was accepted to a few other schools and am going to begin the process of enrolling. That being said, proximity to family wise this was my top school. I was waitlisted at another school and it tells me my exact position in the waitlist. I was wondering that since this is unranked, then we're all randomized and stand equal chance as opposed to do those waitlisted earlier? Not sure if my question makes sense. Regardless, good luck everyone
Basically everyone is going to be reevaluated for the openings. As opposed to ranked waitlist where you are basically standing in a line and get in as people let go of their acceptance.

I think in the past UCSD has sent the waitlist email on April 15th (the email asking for updates and interest). Do we expect a similar date?