2022-2023 UC - San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also received the post-hold hold email a few days ago lol

Members don't see this ad.

in the Portal, my Waitlist tab was removed , did anyone noticed same?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
yes, I had it after accepted the waitlist.
Wait you accepted the waitlist? For me in the email it said you don’t need to do anything to “hold” the waitlist but basically just need to wait until April to hear back.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
okay yall im still in this race 😭😭😭 they replayed to my email saying "I think we had forgotten to upload some of our waitlisted student to the CYMS database. Please check again later today, you should see this updated." i was really bouta start crying screaming and throwing up

Hi everyone! For those who interviewed recently what was your experience like?

I'm not even seeing the choose your school tool, how tf did you guys find it?
Log into AMCAS, "View your application" and then towards the top there should be a CYMS Link

AMCAS® Choose Your Medical School Tool

1677007251392.png

1677007213345.png

Well Done Amc GIF by Better Call Saul

• Love
for my fellow WLers, yall seeing UCSD in the amcas choose your school? bc its not there for me
It might take a few days for UCSD to transmit your application status to AMCAS and for AMCAS to add it in. Because I received my decision on 10/28, but AMCAS notes it as being received circa 11/1.

It might take a few days for UCSD to transmit your application status to AMCAS and for AMCAS to add it in. Because I received my decision on 10/28, but AMCAS notes it as being received circa 11/1.
true, thank you!! i noticed a date discrepancy for another WL

For the MMI interview, anyone know if the prompt continues to stay on the screen after you enter the breakout room and start your response?

Wait question to WLers did you have to accept your position? For me I just got an email that said I was waitlisted and not do do/send anything till April
I was able to accept the waitlist before they sent an email. I don't think it's required to accept or send anything.

Just received the MSTP R an hour ago :(

• Sad
Also just received an MSTP R :(. Really sad because I didn't receive that many interviews and this was one of my only interviews...

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone! For those who interviewed recently what was your experience like?
I interviewed 1/31. The dean was very nice and welcoming and so were the students. For the interview I personally didn't feel as welcomed or comfortable to really be myself. I feel like I mostly gave standard robotic answers and they only really asked standard follow-up questions (like they were pre-made for them), nothing personal about it at all for me.
The other MMI style interviews I've had I felt much more comfortable and the interviewers seemed to ask their own follow up questions to try to get to know me better. But maybe that was just fault for expecting all MMIs to be like this. I got rejected so 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewing here soon. Can anyone let me know about their interview experience? Also, was wondering if the MMI is ethical questions heavy or has some traditional questions as well?

Interviewing here soon. Can anyone let me know about their interview experience? Also, was wondering if the MMI is ethical questions heavy or has some traditional questions as well?
Cant say much because of the NDA but it was a pretty standard MMI. No actor questions and a mix of traditional and ethical questions (more ethical than not). Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I think the responses to this may also vary depending on the program with which you are interviewing. I think PRIME has different questions from the regular MD program.

I think the responses to this may also vary depending on the program with which you are interviewing. I think PRIME has different questions from the regular MD program.
everyone has the same MMI interview initially, prime interviews are held separately after being offered admission to regular MD program. Correct me if I'm wrong, I know this school's interview process is a little different :)

Last edited:
So if the PRIME applicant is WLed, how does that work? Would they need to be off the WL in May and be conducted a secondary interview in June or something?

everyone has the same MMI interview initially, prime interviews are held separately after being offered admission to regular MD program. Correct me if I'm wrong, I know this school's interview process is a little different :)
If you're invited for a PRIME interview, you get different interviewers and different questions. For dates where they had multiple interviews in the same day, there was a unique PRIME info session and room for interviews. I had this clarified when I first interviewed back in 2020.
So if the PRIME applicant is WLed, how does that work? Would they need to be off the WL in May and be conducted a secondary interview in June or something?
According to the admissions office, your PRIME application is viewed differently from the regular admissions decision. If you come off the waitlist, you can be accepted to the regular MD and PRIME program at the same time, no additional interviews needed since you were in a PRIME-specific interview group. If you were accepted to the MD program, you would still have to wait for the PRIME admissions committee to decide if they want to accept you into the PRIME program. I was told that someone coming off the waitlist for regular admissions could be accepted over someone accepted after their interview. Here's a scenario of my understanding from communications with the admission office.

Student A and B interview for the PRIME program.
Student A gets accepted to the regular MD, Student B is waitlisted
In April Student B gets off the waitlist and is accepted to the regular MD program and PRIME program.
Student A does not get accepted to the PRIME program.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
If you're invited for a PRIME interview, you get different interviewers and different questions. For dates where they had multiple interviews in the same day, there was a unique PRIME info session and room for interviews. I had this clarified when I first interviewed back in 2020.

According to the admissions office, your PRIME application is viewed differently from the regular admissions decision. If you come off the waitlist, you can be accepted to the regular MD and PRIME program at the same time, no additional interviews needed since you were in a PRIME-specific interview group. If you were accepted to the MD program, you would still have to wait for the PRIME admissions committee to decide if they want to accept you into the PRIME program. I was told that someone coming off the waitlist for regular admissions could be accepted over someone accepted after their interview. Here's a scenario of my understanding from communications with the admission office.

In April Student B gets off the waitlist and is accepted to the regular MD program and PRIME program.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! you rock

Sorry for a stupid question, but is it possible for PRIME students to be off the waitlist in April, or does WL realize all start in may?

Sorry for a stupid question, but is it possible for PRIME students to be off the waitlist in April, or does WL realize all start in may?
Are you talking about the PRIME waitlist itself? In order to be eligible for PRIME, you must first be admitted to the regular MD program. By the time WL movement occurs, I think PRIME will already have a list of who they're accepting and this list can include those who have already been accepted to the regular MD program and those on its WL. Someone admitted to the MD program could still get WL to the PRIME program.

• Love
Can anyone answer this. Thanks.

Can anyone answer this. Thanks.
Are you interviewing for PRIME or regular MD? We all signed NDAs, but my overall experience with the PRIME interviewers was great and I enjoyed my prompts that were very MMI in style compared to the traditional interviews I've had this cycle. However, the logistical side of running the MMI was a bit messy because it's all done by manually moving people between rooms and someone running an independent timer, so you have to keep an eye out for the chat for how much time could be left. There was also an instance where I got the prompt a bit late, but that's because of the messiness of the way the zoom rooms were working. Lastly, just remember that the MMI interviews are closed file, so they have no idea who you are and what your story is.

Are you interviewing for PRIME or regular MD? We all signed NDAs, but my overall experience with the PRIME interviewers was great and I enjoyed my prompts that were very MMI in style compared to the traditional interviews I've had this cycle. However, the logistical side of running the MMI was a bit messy because it's all done by manually moving people between rooms and someone running an independent timer, so you have to keep an eye out for the chat for how much time could be left. There was also an instance where I got the prompt a bit late, but that's because of the messiness of the way the zoom rooms were working. Lastly, just remember that the MMI interviews are closed file, so they have no idea who you are and what your story is.
Okay thanks. Interviewing for regular MD. How was that experience?

Does anyone know if UCSD sends out the post-interview decisions at a certain time? They said March 3rd for my group and I'm trying to not be anxious the whole day / constantly refreshing my email haha

Does anyone know if UCSD sends out the post-interview decisions at a certain time? They said March 3rd for my group and I'm trying to not be anxious the whole day / constantly refreshing my email haha
My decision came shortly after 11am pst

• Love