2022-2023 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone heard back with a decision yet? I interviewed 8/22 and they said we'd find out late October

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone heard back with a decision yet? I interviewed 8/22 and they said we'd find out late October
No :( but I would assume that they might come out with decisions after this weekend. Just based on what they said during my interview session.

Reactions: 2 users
No :( but I would assume that they might come out with decisions after this weekend. Just based on what they said during my interview session.

Can you elaborate on what they said?

Can you elaborate on what they said?

They said decisions would be released at the end of October and this is the last week of October so that’s why i assumed.

The Dean explicitly said end of October so hopefully everything runs smoothly fingers crossed

They said decisions would be released at the end of October and this is the last week of October so that’s why i assumed.

The Dean explicitly said end of October so hopefully everything runs smoothly fingers crossed

Agh gotcha. Thank you so much. Manifesting that A for all of us!

Reactions: 1 user
Super random and don't want to read into this too much but I just noticed today a UCInet ID on my portal (in addition to the UCI student ID that has been there for a while). Does everyone have it?

Super random and don't want to read into this too much but I just noticed today a UCInet ID on my portal (in addition to the UCI student ID that has been there for a while). Does everyone have it?
If its blank and under the UCI student ID then its of no consequence. I've had that since my app was marked complete. I don't think a number can be generated for you, you have to activate it. The portal does specify to not activate it until a decision has been made on your app. :) I hope that helps!

If its blank and under the UCI student ID then its of no consequence. I've had that since my app was marked complete. I don't think a number can be generated for you, you have to activate it. The portal does specify to not activate it until a decision has been made on your app. :) I hope that helps!
Thank you :) mine is not blank— it has a username generated and I did not activate it. Maybe it’s a glitch.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you :) mine is not blank— it has a username generated and I did not activate it. Maybe it’s a glitch.
I just checked, and I also have a UCInetID and I did not activate it. Also no II... maybe it's given to everyone?

Reactions: 4 users
It's added today for me. Hopefully, it's a good sign. And did you who have UCInet ID received Acceptance from any UC?

Reactions: 3 users
It's added today for me. Hopefully, it's a good sign. And did you who have UCInet ID received Acceptance from any UC?
I'm not too sure if we are talking about the same things, but I have a II and haven't interviewed yet but I see that there is an option for me to make a UCInet ID. However, it is telling me to not activate it until a final decision has been made!

I'm not too sure if we are talking about the same things, but I have a II and haven't interviewed yet but I see that there is an option for me to make a UCInet ID. However, it is telling me to not activate it until a final decision has been made!
We’re basically talking about the fact that where there was a UCI Net ID we had a blank field, but now it’s filled up with an actual ID without having activated it ourselves.

We’re basically talking about the fact that where there was a UCI Net ID we had a blank field, but now it’s filled up with an actual ID without having activated it ourselves.
oh i see, i don't have it activated for me then yet!

btw i also have it activated with no II

I really hope they don't make us wait until December like last year's applicants :(

Reactions: 7 users
FYI - I asked admissions for a timeline when decisions would be released for those who have interviewed and they replied:
"hoping no later than by the middle of this month" :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
omg ignore me guys i’m so sorry i posted on the wrong thread 😭😭😭

sorry for causing panic… no results yet ❤️

Oh shoot ;-; they are sending Rs before As

I’m sorry. I wish you best of luck <3
you’re so kind i’m so sorry i posted on the wrong thread by mistake… sorry to cause anyone panic! wishing everyone luck ❤️

haven’t heard anything yet from UCI. waiting still; got an R from georgetown lol

Does anyone know what the timeline is for how long after II they send decisions? I have mine scheduled in December, would I hear back by January or are they slower than that?

Someone earlier in the thread said they contacted admissions and admissions said hopefully no later than mid-November.
I think they said that last year as well but decisions started going out december

Asking for anyone who may have noticed this bizarre thing on their portal. I submitted all my LORs in mid July, and the LOR received date since then has been changing periodically, it went from 7/12 to 9/6 to 10/11, and today I happen to randomly check and it was 11/15. Has anyone else noticed this?

Asking for anyone who may have noticed this bizarre thing on their portal. I submitted all my LORs in mid July, and the LOR received date since then has been changing periodically, it went from 7/12 to 9/6 to 10/11, and today I happen to randomly check and it was 11/15. Has anyone else noticed this?
I can't say that I'm experiencing the same since the date on mine hasn't changed in a while - the date on my portal for the LORs is 8/17 which seems really random. My LORs were submitted with my primary on 06/23, secondary received on 07/22, secondary submitted 08/20, and II received on 09/06.

I see the same for me, except mine changed to 11/9! Yet I submitted all my LORs in July too

If i may ask did either of you complete interviews recently?
No interview invite for me. Wonder if the system updates every time they review our portal ? Who know ? It’s just something I observed that seemed bizarre.

II a little while ago (complete 8/15), but withdrew. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users