2022-2023 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone have any insight into the major differences between the two campuses listed?
Sewell is brand new. It houses PBL cohort. Study rooms etc. new and kinda nice but also the surrounding area is very suburban/not much around. Stratford is also suburban but it lies on the same campus as Jefferson stratford hospital and it’s a somewhat busier surrounding area, next to the PATCO train station which gets you right into center city Philly. You have access to both campuses and their buildings no matter what curriculum track you’re on, I believe. If I’m not mistaken, I think you might even take exams on Stratford’s campus even if you’re assigned to Sewell (someone correct me if I’m wrong about this)
OMS-1 here on sewell campus. Pretty accurate. PBL only on the sewell campus but there are 72 per class there (unless they increase for your class)... I take all my block exams at sewell, but SP encounters and OMM practical you will go to stratford because that is where the simulation center is. Also, for PBL they really encourage mixing of campuses so H&P has "mixer" days so you won't be able to completely avoid either campus. It's all about preference, most people live equidistant to both. Happy to answer other questions as needed.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
i know that LOR takes 2-4 weeks as adcom are manually confirming them, but does the same go for MCAT scores? I submitted my secondary but there is still an "x" next to MCAT

i know that LOR takes 2-4 weeks as adcom are manually confirming them, but does the same go for MCAT scores? I submitted my secondary but there is still an "x" next to MCAT
I doubt that the MCAT takes that long. try contacting either aacomas or Rowan maybe also get your name out there. They might have it but they didn't update yet

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got my acceptance email today!!! I was interviewed on Aug 31st and my LM is 66.
Congrats future doc!!!! Must feel amazing to have an acceptance early - now you can relax.

IS or OOS?

Hey everyone! Got accepted on 9/20! I was an out-of-state applicant and applied early decision :)

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations to all those who got accepted in the past while!! I know it came with a lot of hard work and stress!
Would everyone who got accepted mind sharing stats or LM score if you are more comfortable with that and Completion date, just for those who applied to gauge where they are at.

Last edited:
Congratulations to all those who got accepted in the past while!! I know it came with a lot of hard work and stress!
Would everyone who got accepted mind sharing stats or LM score if you are more comfortable with that and Completion date, just for those who applied to gauge where they are at.
LM score is 66 and Completed 07/13. Good luck to everyone this cycle, as a reapplicant I know the waiting game is stressful.

Question to those who got an II,

when did you submit your 2ndary?

Is there any senior OMS student on this forum who know what is going on at Rowan this cycle? Most candidates have not heard anything months after submitting and completing secondaries in spite of great stats. Are they running late in sending out IIs?

Any IIs received?

Does anyone have any information about scholarships that Rowan provides? On their website it says they give out over 100 annually. Anyone know if this is to incoming students?

Does anyone know how soon after interviews acceptances are normally sent out? Or if it is silent rejection or not? Just interviewed and already spinning lol

Does anyone know how soon after interviews acceptances are normally sent out? Or if it is silent rejection or not? Just interviewed and already spinning lol
I was told the admissions committee has a meeting about once a month and then sends out decisions a few days to weeks after that meeting.

I was told the admissions committee has a meeting about once a month and then sends out decisions a few days to weeks after that meeting.
Any idea when they usually meet? I interviewed 2 weeks ago and haven’t heard back yet. I heard they meet Fridays (according to last year’s thread the first Friday of the month apparently ((some said 1st and 3rd Fridays))) meaning they should’ve met last Friday and are hopefully processing decisions this week for last month? Idk if anyone has any updated info

Anyone know how they meet/read apps to even offer interviews? Like is that also once a month, or first Friday, or two Fridays a month? My app was complete 9/13 but no word yet. Radio silence since

Reactions: 1 users
If it helps anyone, I got a response about 5 weeks after my interview. Interviewed on 08/15, Interview Orientation on 09/12, and Response on 09/20.

If it helps anyone, I got a response about 5 weeks after my interview. Interviewed on 08/15, Interview Orientation on 09/12, and Response on 09/20.
It seems like Rowan has been focusing on ED candidates and those who have applied via inkage programs with Rowan. Any idea when they will open to the general RD applicants?

It seems like Rowan has been focusing on ED candidates and those who have applied via inkage programs with Rowan. Any idea when they will open to the general RD applicants?
is this confirmed or is this an assumption?

Did you get an email or a call?

is this confirmed or is this an assumption?
I was comparing the traffic on this thread vs the traffic on other SDN school threads like KCU, ACOM, LECOM, WCUCOM etc. The volume of postings, II announcements, Acceptance announcements are significantly lower. My amateur attempts at data analytics.....😊😊

Reactions: 2 users
I was comparing the traffic on this thread vs the traffic on other SDN school threads like KCU, ACOM, LECOM, WCUCOM etc. The volume of postings, II announcements, Acceptance announcements are significantly lower. My amateur attempts at data analytics.....😊😊
Same... I am trying to gather data too but it seems like a very slow cycle...I even compared it to last years thread and there is still far less here
EDIT addition/ spelling

Last edited:
Same... I am trying to gather data too but it seems like a very slow cycle...
EDOT addition. I even compared it to last years thread and there is still far less here
I just figured there's just less active SDN users nowadays