2022-2023 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone! So happy to have found this channel. Is anybody here applying to RowanSOM as a non-science major? I graduated last year as an econ major and I just took basic pre-requisites. I guess I did relatively well but still feeling nervous, haha.

What are the possibilities of getting an II with OOS no connections?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
planning on applying here just now. Does anyone know what is the character count for the essay question?

planning on applying here just now. Does anyone know what is the character count for the essay question?
There is no character or word limit for any of the essays if I remember correctly!

So far it's literally only been 1 person that has gotten an II on here.

Secondary submitted 8/15, file complete on 8/18, fingers crossed. OOS but ties to the tristate area so lets see what happens

Reactions: 1 users
Secondary submitted 8/15, file complete on 8/18, fingers crossed. OOS but ties to the tristate area so lets see what happens
Also, OOS (NY) but have strong family ties to NJ. Fingers crossed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed late August and I haven't heard back just wondering if anyone else has? Has anyone received an acceptance?

I was completed 8/2, received my II 8/16, & had my interview this morning.

I’m OOS, & RD with my only ties being that I did a masters program up north. Otherwise 4.0 SMP, & 50x MCAT. Hopes this helps anyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

I’m OOS, & RD with my only ties being that I did a masters program up north. Otherwise 4.0 SMP, & 50x MCAT. Hopes this helps anyone!
what was your interview format? 1 on 1?

Congrats on completing your interview already! I wanted to ask how long your "Why Rowan" essay was? Trying to gauge generally how long/short it should be. I could keep it really concise but also could elaborate a lot.

Congrats on completing your interview already! I wanted to ask how long your "Why Rowan" essay was? Trying to gauge generally how long/short it should be. I could keep it really concise but also could elaborate a lot.

It was ~470 words!

what was your interview format? 1 on 1?

Yes 1-on-1. Everything SDN says the interview will be like is pretty accurate. Overall it was more enjoyable than stressful for me, & confirmed my interest in the school.

Although it is super early in the cycle to be wondering this but does anyone know how the WL and HPWL works? when do they start placing people on them and does everyone on either list must have had an interview with the school? In other words can you be on the list without having interviewed?

Although it is super early in the cycle to be wondering this but does anyone know how the WL and HPWL works? when do they start placing people on them and does everyone on either list must have had an interview with the school? In other words can you be on the list without having interviewed?
These are after-interview statuses

To the people who got an II

First off, Congratulations!!

Second, whats your stats like (if you don't mind sharing)

Third, IS or OOS?

when you guys submitted your secondaries, did the portal checklist say that your letters of references were not yet received (despite having submitted them through AACOMAS prior to submitting the primary app)?? Mine still say not yet received, even though they were part of the primary application, and even my secondary has been submitted and paid for etc.

when you guys submitted your secondaries, did the portal checklist say that your letters of references were not yet received (despite having submitted them through AACOMAS prior to submitting the primary app)?? Mine still say not yet received, even though they were part of the primary application, and even my secondary has been submitted and paid for etc.
Yes, they have someone manually verifying every LOR so it can take a while before they're marked as received.

Hi all,

Asking for a friend here. My friend and I both applied to Rowan. They submitted their primary literally 1.5 months before I did. I got a secondary less than 24 hours after my primary was verified. My friend STILL has not gotten a secondary. I am pretty sure RowanSOM does not pre-screen before sending secondaries and send them to every applicant, right? Why is it that they STILL has not received a secondary?? And they’ve checked their spam folder too…. Nada

Hi all,

Asking for a friend here. My friend and I both applied to Rowan. They submitted their primary literally 1.5 months before I did. I got a secondary less than 24 hours after my primary was verified. My friend STILL has not gotten a secondary. I am pretty sure RowanSOM does not pre-screen before sending secondaries and send them to every applicant, right? Why is it that they STILL has not received a secondary?? And they’ve checked their spam folder too…. Nada
I don't think Rowan pre-screens. I believe they have to contact the admissions office.

Anyone know how often Rowan reviews applications and send out interviews? I’ve heard they review twice/month but not sure how accurate this is.

Thanks!
LM: 69
High MCAT but low GPA.
Also Im instate
Thank you for your reply ! that is a pretty high LM score though, so congrats one more time! I read somewhere that their avg LM was 63.4 unsure if that is true !

Last edited:
anyone know where i can find out more about the differences between the sewell vs stratford campuses? i am having a hard time gaining insights on the 2 campuses on rowan's school page.

anyone know where i can find out more about the differences between the sewell vs stratford campuses? i am having a hard time gaining insights on the 2 campuses on rowan's school page.
not sure if this is a good idea, but you can actually try calling them and asking them your qs that way you get to expose your name to them

Sewell is brand new. It houses PBL cohort. Study rooms etc. new and kinda nice but also the surrounding area is very suburban/not much around. Stratford is also suburban but it lies on the same campus as Jefferson stratford hospital and it’s a somewhat busier surrounding area, next to the PATCO train station which gets you right into center city Philly. You have access to both campuses and their buildings no matter what curriculum track you’re on, I believe. If I’m not mistaken, I think you might even take exams on Stratford’s campus even if you’re assigned to Sewell (someone correct me if I’m wrong about this)

Sewell is brand new. It houses PBL cohort. Study rooms etc. new and kinda nice but also the surrounding area is very suburban/not much around. Stratford is also suburban but it lies on the same campus as Jefferson stratford hospital and it’s a somewhat busier surrounding area, next to the PATCO train station which gets you right into center city Philly. You have access to both campuses and their buildings no matter what curriculum track you’re on, I believe. If I’m not mistaken, I think you might even take exams on Stratford’s campus even if you’re assigned to Sewell (someone correct me if I’m wrong about this)
ty for the answer! so im assuming its mainly based on whether one prefers SGL or PBL.