2022-2023 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There’s “click to RSVP” button
Yeah I clicked it but it just goes to the website. If that's it, then I'm all set but there's no confirmation or anything.

Members don't see this ad.

For the question, "Please identify your area of professional interest below (i.e. Family Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, etc.)" I was wondering if people listed out their answer or explained it in more depth? If so, about how long did you make this answer?

Also wondering about the differences between campus choices.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
For the question, "Please identify your area of professional interest below (i.e. Family Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, etc.)" I was wondering if people listed out their answer or explained it in more depth? If so, about how long did you make this answer?

Also wondering about the differences between campus choices.

I just listed them

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary submitted, still waiting on letters of rec to be marked

Received complete email today

How long did it take you guys to receive a secondary after submitting the primary? I submitted my primary to this school on the 15th

How long did it take to receive secondaries after submitting in Aacomas? Usually, schools just take a day to send it to me, so I'm wondering if they prescreen or if it's just slower.

How long did it take to receive secondaries after submitting in Aacomas? Usually, schools just take a day to send it to me, so I'm wondering if they prescreen or if it's just slower.
it took me like 3 weeks iirc. Definitely slower than other DO secondaries.

I still have "not received" next to letter of references and I submitted my secondary last monday 7/11. Is this the case for anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
I still have "not received" next to letter of references and I submitted my secondary last monday 7/11. Is this the case for anyone else?
I think a staff member manually verifies the letters so you'll need to wait until that happens. They even sent me an email saying that I was missing the letters but then they were marked as received later that day.

Would anyone mind sharing the secondaries questions? Is that even allowed?
thank you

Would anyone mind sharing the secondaries questions? Is that even allowed?
thank you

@PapaGuava
No limits for prompts:

1) Please select the checkbox(es) that most adequately describes your campus and/or curriculum preferences below.
Explain why SGL or PBL.

2) Please identify your area of professional interest below (i.e. Family Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, etc.)

3) How did you learn about osteopathic medicine and why is it a good fit for you?

4) Explain why you are interested in attending Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine:

5) Optional: Please describe any significant barriers or challenges you may have overcome in the pursuit of your personal/professional goals:

Last edited:
Do we have to do the optional essay? I wasn't going to and left it blank, but then it says the page is not complete and that I have to do it. anyone else running into this problem?

Do we have to do the optional essay? I wasn't going to and left it blank, but then it says the page is not complete and that I have to do it. anyone else running into this problem?
advice I got is even if its optional, do it

Seems like II started going out early September based on last years threads

I just called Rowan. They said they starting sending out the first II last week. Haven't heard anything yet but praying for that email.

Reactions: 1 users
hmm that's weird if they started to send out II already. No one has said anything so I kind of doubt it unless it's only a few for now.

Anyone have any insight into the major differences between the two campuses listed?
Hi, current OMS-1 here! The two campuses allow for larger class size. Stratford has both PBL and SGL students, while Sewell is the brand new campus for PBL. I am at Sewell and love it! Everything is super clean, new, and quiet also. We have some things at both campuses so it’s not exclusive, more so just a majority of where your classes take place. Also, if you’re not sure about the curriculi you should really look into PBL. Best decision I ever made.

I was complete 7/18, hoping I didn’t get skipped over :/

I was complete 7/15. Let's be patient.

Last edited:
Gonna be a long cycle it seems!

I just got a file complete email even though I'm missing a LOR? Rn I have 1 sci + 1 humanities + 1 supervisor and was waiting on a second sci prof to complete. Does this mean I can be considered for admission even if I don't have two science LORs?

Submitted secondary 8/2/22 and verified and under review 8/18/22

They were not kidding when LOR take 2-4 weeks. Submitted my secondary toward the end of July and just got the complete.