2022-2023 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
two bars here but cant think of what is missing - mcat score is in and committee letter packet is in as well
I'm wondering if us with the 2 bars full either didn't submit as early as some other people who have more bars full, and thus the admissions committee hasn't fully marked our files complete because they haven't been entirely reviewed yet? Or just in general that our files haven't fully been reviewed yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They just responded to me and said "The issue was that our system was only recognizing your committee letter packet as one letter." They have updated my file now to be noted complete and ready for review. If any of you are missing materials that don't think you should be, and submitted a committee letter packet, maybe email them so they can mark your file complete!

Reactions: 6 users
They just responded to me and said "The issue was that our system was only recognizing your committee letter packet as one letter." They have updated my file now to be noted complete and ready for review. If any of you are missing materials that don't think you should be, and submitted a committee letter packet, maybe email them so they can mark your file complete!
Bruh.. thank you for reaching out, pretty sure this is what’s holding me up too

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same thank you so much, going to reach out th them now!

Reactions: 1 users
As an update, I now have 3 dark-filled bars and 4 light-filled bars. So we shall see :unsure:

Thank you so much for reaching out! It definitely helped people in this thread for sure.

Frustrating that the portal couldn't let us know about this info and now we end up being marked complete later even if we submitted as early as possible.

Thank you so much for reaching out! It definitely helped people in this thread for sure.

Frustrating that the portal couldn't let us know about this info and now we end up being marked complete later even if we submitted as early as possible.
Of course! So many people have helped me on here so why not pass it on! And I agree, I'm wondering if this will implicate "completion date" since admissions seemed to be aware of this happening...

Of course! So many people have helped me on here so why not pass it on! And I agree, I'm wondering if this will implicate "completion date" since admissions seemed to be aware of this happening...
I was told that our completion date is not affected.

I was told that our completion date is not affected.
Phew good. So I take it that internally they have the technical dates we were first completed, which isn’t reflected on the portal? This is frustrating lol

Update, took about 24 hours for them to get back to me. Was definitely due to my letters being in a packet and not separate. I now have 3 dark blue, 4 light blue, and says your submitted materials are under initial review with admissions staff for completeness even though the email says that my file is complete and ready to review with our committee.

Update, took about 24 hours for them to get back to me. Was definitely due to my letters being in a packet and not separate. I now have 3 dark blue, 4 light blue, and says your submitted materials are under initial review with admissions staff for completeness even though the email says that my file is complete and ready to review with our committee.

My email said that exact same thing in terms of the staff saying my file is complete and ready to review despite my portal saying my materials are under initial review. I guess that's a good thing :thumbup:

Same thing happening to me/others I know. I think that means they haven’t reviewed our applications yet? Not sure
Not sure about this because last week my LOR receipt date was changing to the current day, and I didn't have the status bars up, but now I have the status bars up and it says under review and the LOR receipt date still updates to the current day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Should just be on the first page when you log into their app portal. I did not have any status bars appear last week, but they are on my page now.

I am new to the DO process. Do I have to send my MCAT scores to schools myself or does AACOMAS send it for me?

I am new to the DO process. Do I have to send my MCAT scores to schools myself or does AACOMAS send it for me?
Release your score report to AACOMAS, on the AAMC site where you registered for the MCAT, and they will send it to all schools.

Does anyone know when more II are gonna be sent

Anyone still have only 3 dark blue bars???
If you submitted a packet of letters you have to email them and they will update your application. Basically the system counts your packet as only one letter and it has to be overridden.

Anyone still have only 3 dark blue bars???
If you submitted a packet of letters you have to email them and they will update your application. Basically the system counts your packet as only one letter and it has to be overridden.
Mine was 2 dark blue bars when they had my committee letter packet. It changed to 3 dark blue bars after I emailed them and they "checked off" my committee letter packet as having fulfilled all LOR requirements. I think it takes some time between them changing the letters from incomplete to complete, ultimately reflecting 4 dark blue bars - AKA file being complete and ready to review.

My response email said this when I initially had 2 dark blue bars: "We've updated your record to reflect the multiple letters received in that packet and your file is now complete and ready for review with our committee" and now it has 3 dark blue bars and my portal says:

"Your submitted materials are under initial review with Admissions staff for completeness. If your file is complete, you will be moved to the next phase of the review process with the Faculty Committee on Admissions. If you are noted to be missing any required items, those items will be updated on your application checklist in the Application Materials tab."​

I didn’t not submit a packet. I submitted all individual letters which are all showing in the portal as received.

Mine was 2 dark blue bars when they had my committee letter packet. It changed to 3 dark blue bars after I emailed them and they "checked off" my committee letter packet as having fulfilled all LOR requirements. I think it takes some time between them changing the letters from incomplete to complete, ultimately reflecting 4 dark blue bars - AKA file being complete and ready to review.

My response email said this when I initially had 2 dark blue bars: "We've updated your record to reflect the multiple letters received in that packet and your file is now complete and ready for review with our committee" and now it has 3 dark blue bars and my portal says:

"Your submitted materials are under initial review with Admissions staff for completeness. If your file is complete, you will be moved to the next phase of the review process with the Faculty Committee on Admissions. If you are noted to be missing any required items, those items will be updated on your application checklist in the Application Materials tab."​

I didn’t submit a packet. All my lors are individual and show in the portal

How long did it take to go from 3 bars to 4 bars?

I think if you're at 3 you're fine then! It seems like maybe they have been through an initial review and should be complete/ready to review soon.

II this morning

Last edited:
Gotcha! And when did you submit the secondary fee?? I’ve been stuck at 3 dark blue bars— not sure if you remember when the # of bars changed for you at each step?
I don’t remember the exact date, but it was the first day they sent out the email to the portal. I’m not sure when it changed, mine was always at 4. I submitted my primary in early June

Would it be bad to email admissions and express my interest in their masters/do program? I thought I would be able to apply via their secondary and then realized there is no place to do that.

Just got the A!!! I am so happy!! This is def my #1 choice. Crying right now

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
monday so 4 days ago

Congratulations!!! That’s so amazing. How long from submitting secondary fee did it take to hear back?? Also how long were you at 3 dark blue bars on the portal (initial review by admissions)???

Last edited:
Congrats!

I also wanted to ask: did you know who your interviewer was beforehand? I know what time my interview is next Friday but I don't see an associated name with that slot. Also, any advice, tips, etc... for the interview itself? And lastly, when is the deadline to submit a deposit? I know for most schools, you are accepted before Nov, you don't have to pay the deposit until Dec.

Is there a difference between 3 vs 4 dark bars? My portal is showing 4 dark bars today, previously 3.. does this mean they’ve reviewed my application/passed on it for the time being?

Is there a difference between 3 vs 4 dark bars? My portal is showing 4 dark bars today, previously 3.. does this mean they’ve received my application/passed on it for the time being?
I highly encourage you to read through the thread on all the interesting theories on the bars. I on the other hand, have decided to just wait to hear back because I have no clue and can't be bothered trying to figure it out.

Reactions: 4 users
I highly encourage you to read through the thread on all the interesting theories on the bars. I on the other hand, have decided to just wait to hear back because I have no clue and can't be bothered trying to figure it out.
Im too neurotic to do that, in my Nancy Drew era atm

• Haha

Where are such theories?

Anyone submit first day and still stuck at 3 bars? It says I have no missing documents.

Fwiw, stuck at 3 bars for Philly and am at 4 bars for other campuses. Figure it's a volume thing.

Fwiw, stuck at 3 bars for Philly and am at 4 bars for other campuses. Figure it's a volume thing.
I think this could be the case. Despite the admissions counselor telling me my app was complete, I still have just 3 bars. She said it takes time for processing and it should be visibly complete on the portal "once our team finishes processing your application."

Still at 3 bars. It’s driving me insane haha
I have 4 for Georgia and 3 for Philly/South Georgia. I don't think its worth worrying about. They'll let you know if they need something and if you're complete, they'll let you know if they want to interview you.

Congratulations from a current M1 student!!! Welcome to the PCOM family!!! Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions at all.