2022-2023 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received it on 08/08

Members don't see this ad.

I have become interested in PCOM, is it too late to send an application?
Definitely not too late. My app technically wasn't complete until Christmas last year because I forgot to send in the $75 fee, but still got a II and an A

Reactions: 3 users
Do they send an email for completion or is it just complete with the $75, the LOR, and MCAT score?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyway to know if your application is 'complete' my MCAT, LOR, and payment is received so does that mean everything is done on my end?

Anyone know the PCOM-PA post interview acceptance rate?

Hey does anyone else have 1 or more letters of rec shown as "awaiting?"

For South Georgia, everything is received, but for Philly, it shows "Awaiting" on my 3rd LOR (even though it has a received date next to it????). All of my LORs were in by the time I paid (8/8) and none of my other schools have any missing letters so idk whats going on

Reactions: 1 user
Hey does anyone else have 1 or more letters of rec shown as "awaiting?"

For South Georgia, everything is received, but for Philly, it shows "Awaiting" on my 3rd LOR (even though it has a received date next to it????). All of my LORs were in by the time I paid (8/8) and none of my other schools have any missing letters so idk whats going on
I do for PA but for South Georgia and Georgia I’m good in terms of MCAT and letters.

I do for PA but for South Georgia and Georgia I’m good in terms of MCAT and letters.
Hey i just want to let you know I just e-mailed them now and they replied back in 7 minutes and said they corrected it. I think the office should still be open for the next ~25 minutes if you want to e-mail them too.

Hey i just want to let you know I just e-mailed them now and they replied back in 7 minutes and said they corrected it. I think the office should still be open for the next ~25 minutes if you want to e-mail them too.
Oh thanks so much!!

Members don't see this ad :)
For the people who got II when were your LOR in? Mine finally got in today haha

For the people who got II when were your LOR in? Mine finally got in today haha
I don't know why, but whenever I log in, the LOR received date appears as the current date. Idk if that is happening to anyone else. Like I logged in a week or so ago and it said my LOR had been received that day. I logged in today and now it says they were received today.

I don't know why, but whenever I log in, the LOR received date appears as the current date. Idk if that is happening to anyone else. Like I logged in a week or so ago and it said my LOR had been received that day. I logged in today and now it says they were received today.
Same thing happening to me/others I know. I think that means they haven’t reviewed our applications yet? Not sure

Mines the same way.

I am currently working on my primary application for PCOM. I am interested in both the PA and GA locations, but I was hoping to pretty much use the same answers for the first two questions asking abt my interest in the two campuses. However, I want to make sure: are there two different adcoms? (ie: will adcoms only see the answers to their respective schools or will they have access to all answers as a whole?)

Does anyone else's app portal say they are missing required materials? I checked my materials page and everything is said to have been received, LORS and MCAT.

Confused about my application. On the main page it says "Awaiting required materials. Go to your application materials tab and review missing checklist items". When I go to application matierials tab, it says my MCAT was received and my references were received. I'm not sure what I'm missing. I can post screenshots if that helps.

Confused about my application. On the main page it says "Awaiting required materials. Go to your application materials tab and review missing checklist items". When I go to application matierials tab, it says my MCAT was received and my references were received. I'm not sure what I'm missing. I can post screenshots if that helps.
Mine says the same thing. Kinda confused because my letters and MCAT are also received

Mine says the same thing. Kinda confused because my letters and MCAT are also received
I thought maybe my letter was messing it up since mine is a letter packet from my post bacc and I just have the program director of the post bacc listed, not the 6 letter writers.. So good to know it's not just me!

did anyone else just now have a "your application status" bar appear on the home page of their application? Wasn't there for me when I last checked the portal a few days ago, wonder if that means they are finally reviewing my application (submitted 8/8).

For me, that bar has several parts; four are dark blue, and the last three are light blue color.

did anyone else just now have a "your application status" bar appear on the home page of their application? Wasn't there for me when I last checked the portal a few days ago, wonder if that means they are finally reviewing my application (submitted 8/8).

For me, that bar has several parts; four are dark blue, and the last three are light blue color.
Mine just changed to that too!

for me 2 are dark blue, 5 light blue. does yours say awaiting required materials underneath the bar?

Mine just changed to that too!

for me 2 are dark blue, 5 light blue. does yours say awaiting required materials underneath the bar?

Makes me wonder if its a new thing or if this change occurs after a certain point based on when they finally open your application.

mine at 4/7 filled states,

All required materials have been received. Your application is complete and under review with the Faculty Committee on Admissions. Candidates can be selected to interview at any time throughout the review process depending on competitiveness within the greater applicant pool.​

Reactions: 3 users
I also have 2 dark blue, 5 light blue and mine says awaiting required materials even though my letters and MCAT scores have been in for over a month. I emailed earlier asking what I was missing since I don't have a "missing requirements" section in my application materials tab. Apparently the admissions staff for PA is in meetings all today so we might not find out the reasoning until Monday.

Reactions: 2 users
I also have 2 dark blue, 5 light blue and mine says awaiting required materials even though my letters and MCAT scores have been in for over a month. I emailed earlier asking what I was missing since I don't have a "missing requirements" section in my application materials tab. Apparently the admissions staff for PA is in meetings all today so we might not find out the reasoning until Monday.
Keep us posted if they respond please

Reactions: 1 users
I have four dark blue and three light. Waiting and praying for II.

Reactions: 5 users
I have 5/7 filled and I have my interviewed scheduled soon. Before I got an II, I didn’t have those bars at all so I’m pretty sure it’s a new thing.

I have 5/7 filled and I have my interviewed scheduled soon. Before I got an II, I didn’t have those bars at all so I’m pretty sure it’s a new thing.

I hope your right. I have 4/7 dark blue and the rest light blue and still heard nothing so far

+2 4/7, does everyone have this? Praying this means II soon !!!

+1

+2

I’ve got like 2 dark blue and 5 light blue… I have everything in on my end though including scores and letter packets…

I have 5 dark bars and it says interview scheduled.
my guess, since its the weekend and I need to apply my neuroticism somewhere,

two bars - application received, missing material
three bars - no idea, material received application being processed?
four bars - complete and under review
five bars - interview
six bars - interview complete, waiting final decision
seven bars - acceptance (or rejection)

Reactions: 13 users
my guess, since its the weekend and I need to apply my neuroticism somewhere,

two bars - application received, missing material
three bars - no idea, material received application being processed?
four bars - complete and under review
five bars - interview
six bars - interview complete, waiting final decision
seven bars - acceptance (or rejection)
two bars here but cant think of what is missing - mcat score is in and committee letter packet is in as well