2022-2023 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else not see LORs on the application portal checklist?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
donation sent lmao, I paid for the South Georgia one, it says it takes like 3 days for it to be posted to the other campus

Reactions: 1 user
when i log into pcom and georgia, it says fee waiver received and no need to submit fee. but i don't qualify for a fee waiver lol.
for south georgia it said pay and i just paid
WEIRD! South Georgia said i have a fee waiver but I still had to pay for the other two lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
No secondary essays right? We just have to submit a fee

So just to make sure I have this right, you only need one payment for PA and South Georgia right? And one more for Georgia? And after we’ve submitted the payment, we’re all done?

So just to make sure I have this right, you only need one payment for PA and South Georgia right? And one more for Georgia? And after we’ve submitted the payment, we’re all done?
yup normally 2 payments.

Yes sir now the wait begins again

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else not see LORs on the application portal checklist?
Same, if you look at the email it says you need to pay the fee before they start processing LORs. So it will probably show up in a few days.

Reactions: 1 users
If you already have fee waiver + MCAT score + LORs… then is there anything else need to be done?

Anyone here know if based off previous threads, does PCOM accept ppl w sub 500 (but close to 500) MCAT scores?

If we have an upcoming retake mcat, do we just request AAMC to send it over to AACOMAS and PCOM will receive the updated MCAT score? Or do I need to send my updated score to PCOM directly?

If we have an upcoming retake mcat, do we just request AAMC to send it over to AACOMAS and PCOM will receive the updated MCAT score? Or do I need to send my updated score to PCOM directly?
Now this I can answer, send it from AAMC to AACOMAS then when AACOMAS receives it click the blue update button on AACOMAS, this force downloads your latest primary to all schools

• Care
Now this I can answer, send it from AAMC to AACOMAS then when AACOMAS receives it click the blue update button on AACOMAS, this force downloads your latest primary to all schools
Goat. Thank you!! :)

called admissions about the fee waiver confusion... they fixed it, you should recheck your portal within the next 24 hours to pay your fee. Mine was already updated!

called admissions about the fee waiver confusion... they fixed it, you should recheck your portal within the next 24 hours to pay your fee. Mine was already updated!
is it three fees or two?? now its telling me three, now that the fee waiver is not there

yea same lmao it's telling me to pay the other 2, I thought Philly was included with south GA
last year it was !! so idk. i'm not paying yet. i emailed them. probably wont hear back yet

mine was fine w the fee waiver thing, why did we have to ruin that :/

the email says that the fee for philly or south georgia will cover them (only submit one fee for either campus). the fee for the georgia campus is separate.

the email says that the fee for philly or south georgia will cover them (only submit one fee for either campus). the fee for the georgia campus is separate.
I submitted my fee for south GA but it is prompting me to also pay for Philly

Yeah it's prompting me too but it says in the email that one or the other will cover it. I'm pretty sure the three days it takes for it to process is the time it takes for them to update it.

Does everyone get the secondary fee on the same day?

+4, and no complete email
They will not begin to process your app until the fee is paid. THen you need to be patient while they review your file to see if the letters meet their requirement. It is still summer with vacations in process so patience is the name of the game. THey have typically not sent complete emails. If the portal shows everything paid then you would be complete.

Does everyone get the secondary fee on the same day?
Applicants get a secondary when your app is downloaded from AACOMAS. They probably did one huge download with thousands of applications the other day. Now they will probably download weekly. The more apps they download the longer it may take to review your file for letters, etc.

I submitted my fee for south GA but it is prompting me to also pay for Philly
You may need to email them to tell them to place the fee in the PHL campus and post the waiver for So GA campus.

Hope everyone is ready for the long wait. Based on previous years process, PCOM will most likely start sending out IIs probably mid to late September.