2022-2023 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the R :( kinda sad because this was one of my top schools

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any current students I can pm for questions about the school and faculty?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would working at Beaumont or having a connection at Beaumont help with ouwb?
I wouldn't be able to tell you since I'm not on admissions, but quite a few of my classmates have worked at Beaumont or were connected to Beaumont in some way before applying. It likely does help with answering why OUWB question if anything and creating a connection to the area
Hi! I have an interview on Thursday! Any interview tips? Much appreciated thank you!
Just be yourself and don't be afraid to ask questions! The interviewers here really do try to get to know you as a person/human being vs. you as a student and meant to be chill (as opposed to some other schools that tend to grill you about health policy or whatnot).

Reactions: 3 users
What did you all wear to the diversity and inclusion event?

I'm drafting my secondary for Oakland. What are names that are used to describe Oakland medical school for secondary essay purposes? Oakland, Beaumont, what about OUWB SOM?

Who's interviewing on 10/14 and nervous like crazy? ME

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else get the email today from admissions but subject line is "Learn more about Oakland University Beaumont (OUWB) School of Medicine"? Way to get my hopes up for my first MD II :cryi:

Anyone else get the email today from admissions but subject line is "Learn more about Oakland University Beaumont (OUWB) School of Medicine"? Way to get my hopes up for my first MD II :cryi:
I didn't get that email. I hope that is not a bad sign. Did you just receive it or was it earlier today?

I didn't get that email. I hope that is not a bad sign. Did you just receive it or was it earlier today?
Hope this makes you feel better: last cycle, I got all of their promotional emails literally every other week but they never showed me any interest. So I seriously doubt those emails mean anything

For those of you who interviewed, would the earliest that decisions come out be Monday, October 17th?

Reactions: 1 users
II! Holy cow I’m so excited right now. OOS LM 71

(Edited bc my LM is 71 and I put 72 on accident the first time, full transparency)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!! What was your complete date?
So my case was a little strange. I received and submitted my secondary on the first day (6/30), but I was not marked complete until 7/15. Not sure why it took so long as everything was submitted on my end. Not sure if others had a similar case.

Last edited:
Pre-II R, Complete 8/14.
:cryi:

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
+1 Pre-II R, complete 7/6.

Reactions: 2 users
Pre II R. Complete 7/6 also

Pre II rejection, complete 6/30 LM 74 OOS no ties

what is the post ii acceptance rate here for oos?

Submitted 6/30, still silence, anyone else?

Last edited: