2023-2024 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
All quiet on the western front in terms of acceptances post waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew my acceptance here. Hopefully it goes to one of you deserving folks

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
any current med students here willing to answer some questions? currently deciding between here and some other places. please dm thanks!

Withdrawing full scholarship, it might be redistributed before the plan to enroll deadline

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew A OOS! No scholarship.

Have a great week!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Friendly reminder to withdraw your acceptance if you decided to go elsewhere and give one of us waiting a chance!

how does one typically withdraw A's from schools
You can respond directly to their emails. One of the emails they sent out a few weeks ago (regarding a deposit) states to respond to that email if you intend to withdraw.

Members don't see this ad :)
A off Tier 1!! how does if it work if I planned to enroll in another school now? do I have to take off the prior school from plan to enroll? i dont have fin aid from either school tho so dont want to make a decision hastily

Reactions: 5 users
What are my chances of getting off the WL tier 2? 😢
I called them a few months back and they said they have gone into tier 2 before, but I wouldn’t really bank on it

Where’s the group chat for accepted students? I saw a couple links to a GroupMe but they were “invalid”

Also, do we have two weeks to do the plan to enroll from the day we got the acceptance email from the waitlist? I paid my deposit, but I’m still waiting to do the plan to enroll bc Im still thinking about attending. When I emailed the admissions team they just said the deadline was May 1st, so I just wanted to confirm bc the acceptance email says we have two weeks to accept the offer.
believe its by the 10th now!

I’m also a little confused. I got my A on may 2, that email said 2 weeks to make a decision, but then I got another one saying to accept/decline the offer by may 10…

current students - are we able to do research with beaumont farmington hills, or only royal oak, gross pointe, and troy?

I’ll be withdrawing my A here w/ scholarship. Hope it goes to one of you!

• Care
A off tier 2!!! Dreams do come true 🥳⭐️

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats on the recent acceptances! Does everyone plan to enroll at OUWB? What are the numbers currently looking like? Need some hope as a tier 2 WL applicant

A off tier 2!!! Dreams do come true
Withdrawing full scholarship, it might be redistributed before the plan to enroll deadline
Hi! I’m just wondering how did you get this full scholarship and how did you find out about it? Thanks :)

Hi! I’m just wondering how did you get this full scholarship and how did you find out about it? Thanks :)
Hi I DM’d u!

I received an email with the scholarship notification a few weeks after acceptance. No ties to Michigan but sent a strong letter of interest before the acceptance.

• Love
Does anyone know anything about how full the class is? The GroupMe looks like it has 187 people in it that’s a ton for a class of 125

Does anyone know anything about how full the class is? The GroupMe looks like it has 187 people in it that’s a ton for a class of 125
There are a ton of current students in the GroupMe. There’s a Facebook group with 154 of us in there and I think it’s more representative. Just a handful of the people in there are admin/current students and there are probably some people who haven’t left since withdrawing their acceptances.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off second tier earlier today. First MD A and couldn’t be more happy.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users