2022-2023 NYU (Grossman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the II. Anyone have any intel on how many acceptances might have been given out to date? Last year’s tread had more reports from candidates attending the weekly info sessions. It’s been fairly quiet here! I was thinking there could be some As reported today … Thanksgiving treats ;).

Reactions: 1 user
Placed on Continued Review today and interviewed 11/08

Edit: Got the call a few hours later with an A!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats on the II. Anyone have any intel on how many acceptances might have been given out to date? Last year’s tread had more reports from candidates attending the weekly info sessions. It’s been fairly quiet here! I was thinking there could be some As reported today … Thanksgiving treats ;).
I believe Dean Rivera said they aimed to accept 1/3 of the class by Thanksgiving, so about 35 students.

OOS II received! Complete 08/07! Stats in signature.

OOS II as well! Complete 8/2, LM 82. Didn’t know this was the last of the IIs, so super grateful!

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats!!!! I got placed on Continued Review today as well, interviewed 11/09. Your edit gives me a bit of hope!

Reactions: 2 users
II today, submitted late July. Current PhD student, 519 MCAT, 3.9 ogpa, 3.96 sgpa

For those who have attended the infosessions after the interview, was the attire business formal like the interviews or more casual?

Nothing from NYU completed 8/1, should I be expecting the R at this point?

When you got CR, was it a phone call or email? Congratulations on your A!

Can any current students comment on who typically qualifies for the Debt-Free COA Scholarship program? Do they require parent information? If yes, is there any age cut off?

I am also wondering, from current students, what portion of the first ~1.5 years involve PBL or active learning opportunities. Thanks!

Late to posting about this, but an R from NYU back in 11/11. I submitted my secondary 11/09 so I was rejected in 2 days. I'm ORM, first-time applicant, LM and WARS of 70 and 71 respectively. I wanted to shoot my shot, but it was an off-shot as expected.

does anyone know at what point CR becomes a soft R? i know in the beginning it totally isnt but if its been over a month do my chances start to decrease, or will they really be reviewing me till january?

does anyone know at what point CR becomes a soft R? i know in the beginning it totally isnt but if its been over a month do my chances start to decrease, or will they really be reviewing me till january?
They still have one more wave of interviews this month so I'm thinking they will see how this batch of interviews go and determine which CRs turn to As

Does anyone have an example weekly schedule (for year or phase 1) to share? Either current student or someone who interviewed and was provided that info.

II two hours ago! OOS, LM 78.8. Definitely wasn’t expecting this one!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
do we think they are releasing more decisions before the new year?

do we think they are releasing more decisions before the new year?
At my interview day they said there could be some movement before January but the grand majority of acceptances, WL, and rejections for interviewed applicants will come in mid January.

Reactions: 1 users