2022-2023 NYU (Grossman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R, complete 8/26

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R, complete late August. not really sad since this one was a hail mary

They have to be sending these in waves today because I haven’t gotten one but I don’t think they’re sending more IIs??

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting to me that schools just don't mass reject.. they stay stringing along July submitters

They have to be sending these in waves today because I haven’t gotten one but I don’t think they’re sending more IIs??
Haven't gotten one either. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes. I'm not gonna assume anything till I get an email lol

Reactions: 1 users
How do you know they aren't sending anymore II's?
There were no IIs reported after like December 4th last year but they also sent their two waves of rejections a week later this year. But they usually finish interviews in December

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing tomorrow, any last minute tips? Have not done MMI yet

Joining the the pre II R club!!!

This thread has been so quiet on acceptances. Anyone know from recent info sessions how many acceptances have gone out? For those of us on continued review since early cycle, the wait is ROUGH. Feels like the chance of an acceptance is lessening but is it?!?! Seems like last year some people were accepted this week …. What a gift that would be!!!

Reactions: 3 users
This thread has been so quiet on acceptances. Anyone know from recent info sessions how many acceptances have gone out? For those of us on continued review since early cycle, the wait is ROUGH. Feels like the chance of an acceptance is lessening but is it?!?! Seems like last year some people were accepted this week …. What a gift that would be!!!
I interviewed last week and Dean Rivera said that they really wanted to make sure all interviewees had a good chance of acceptance regardless of interview date, so they were purposefully very slow about sending out A’s before then. Now that the interview season is almost done (I think this week is the last week?), I expect we’ll be seeing a whole lot more A’s after the new year.

He also mentioned that they will only send out as many acceptances as positions in the class (so like 92), and then they’ll pull people off of the waitlist from mid-Jan to May or so as people give up their A’s. Overall, he said that about 150 people were offered acceptance last year. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 4 users
just got the A call today so incredibly gratefull!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone who applied for the 3YMD heard back yet? The tertiary application deadline is Jan 31 so I wasn't sure if I should hold onto some hope of hearing back next year (whether for 3Y or regular MD) or not.

Placed on CR a few weeks ago then got the A call yesterday!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
have any MSTP people heard back? do we know if the timeline is the same/similar?
Their website said they'd start releasing decisions late November (MD/PhD Program Admissions | NYU Langone Health), but I haven't heard anything yet. Also don't see anything in CycleTrack. During my interview visit, the program people said that MSTP operates on a separate timeline, and that it tends to take longer than for the MD applicants

Anyone think more acceptances could go out this week? Or is it a holiday for admissions? Also, does anyone have an update from Dean Rivera after the last interviews on 12/20 and 12/21? Seems like he tends to give an update at the info sessions. For those of us long haulers (who have been on CR for months), just trying to gauge how many A spots are likely left. Seems like last year when WL was announced on 1/14 only WL and rejections went out, no reported As on SDN. So hmmmm … could As even go out on that last day or not?!?!

I guess we are down to the wire either way. Congrats to those who have gotten that lottery WIN! You rock!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone who got IIs. I've only worked at NYU for 5 years and published multiple papers / rec letters / mentors all at NYU and still received the pre-II R. :,) xoxoxoxox

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone think more acceptances could go out this week? Or is it a holiday for admissions? Also, does anyone have an update from Dean Rivera after the last interviews on 12/20 and 12/21? Seems like he tends to give an update at the info sessions. For those of us long haulers (who have been on CR for months), just trying to gauge how many A spots are likely left. Seems like last year when WL was announced on 1/14 only WL and rejections went out, no reported As on SDN. So hmmmm … could As even go out on that last day or not?!?!

I guess we are down to the wire either way. Congrats to those who have gotten that lottery WIN! You rock!
He said 52 A’s so far I believe, so about half of what will be given out by mid Jan.

Congrats to everyone who got IIs. I've only worked at NYU for 5 years and published multiple papers / rec letters / mentors all at NYU and still received the pre-II R. :,) xoxoxoxox
Wow. Seems like you were more than qualified and this only goes to further show how random this process is. Don't get too down on yourself; I'm sure more II will be coming your way (if you haven't gotten any yet) and you will make a fantastic physician.🤗

Reactions: 2 users
Has anybody who interviewed in the 12/13-12/14 block heard back yet?

Does anyone know what percentage of CR's get R's vs WL come mid-January?

Also, has anyone from early November II gotten the coveted A?

From what we heard at the info sessions, it seems like roughly 710 II -> 110 A, 200 initial R, 400 CR -> 250 WL, 150 later R. Does that look right?
They said that all A’s start on CR, so 710 II->500ish CR and 200ish initial R->110 A 250 WL 150R, then 40 or so WL->A