2022-2023 NYU (Grossman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you guys actually only submit two letters of recommendation? Their website doesn't talk about additional ones, but do they accept/look at them?
MSAR says a max of 8 is allowed

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! My committee sent my committee letter late, so in the portal, my application is marked as complete, but I didn’t get an email saying that my application is complete. Is it okay to assume that my application is under review?

I got an email a day after my secondary was submitted confirming my app was complete. Maybe it’ll get sent to you in the next day.

I submitted my secondary and got an email saying my secondary was complete, but not that my app was complete. Once the committee letter was submitted a while ago, I still did not get an email saying my app was complete :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary and got an email saying my secondary was complete, but not that my app was complete. Once the committee letter was submitted a while ago, I still did not get an email saying my app was complete :/
I didn't get an email saying my app was complete either, despite it saying as such on the portal--if you email them I'd love an update!

I didn't get an email saying my app was complete either, despite it saying as such on the portal--if you email them I'd love an update!

I emailed them! They said my app is complete, even though I didn’t receive an email saying it was complete. As long as it says it’s complete on the portal, your application is still under review.

Does anyone have any insight into what Kira Talent is/how it will work?

Does anyone have any insight into what Kira Talent is/how it will work?
Is that the interview process for NYU? I did it for another school. In set up, it's basically like the video portion of Casper. Some questions are ethical scenarios, some aren't, but it varies with each school though.

Is that the interview process for NYU? I did it for another school. In set up, it's basically like the video portion of Casper. Some questions are ethical scenarios, some aren't, but it varies with each school though.
Yeah it is! Thank you for the info!

Anyone have an idea of when the next drop of interview invites will be?

Members don't see this ad :)
first interview round today according to Dean Rivera. ~1 hr MMI: five 7 min stations (2 mins to think, 5 to respond). one 14 min station (2 to think, 12 min to respond to a more broad open ended question/traditional type question). two rest stations that could be placed anywhere.

adcom also mentioned they will be sending out decisions ~3 weeks after any respective applicant interviews (either A, R, or hold).

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
first interview round today according to Dean Rivera. ~1 hr MMI: five 7 min stations (2 mins to think, 5 to respond). one 14 min station (2 to think, 12 min to respond to a more broad open ended question/traditional type question). two rest stations that could be placed anywhere.

adcom also mentioned they will be sending out decisions ~3 weeks after any respective applicant interviews (either A, R, or hold).
Very helpful. Thanks man!!

"What enables the wise sovereign and the good general to strike and conquer, and achieve things beyond the reach of ordinary men, is foreknowledge. Foreknowledge … can only be obtained from others."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War

We prob saw each other!! Best of luck as we wait out these next 3 weeks :giggle:

• Care
Reactions: 1 users

Thanks for the info! Is there a timer during the stations or do you have to keep track of the time yourself?

just got II!!!!! this is literally my dream school y'al! God is so so good! obvi need to take it a step at a time but super excited!!

LM 82, URM, complete 8/15

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
II this morning,!!!! LM 79, OOS, ORM. Complete 8/11. Still in shock, honestly didn't think I had a chance.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
II just in. Good grief, can't believe this is happening, like for real! Guys, hang in there...hoping great things for all of us. Submitted first week of July.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
adding to this wave with a II today for me too! offered slots mid-October if anyone cares (OOS, complete 7/22, LizzyM 82)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
II!!! honestly shocked at this one! LM 80.6, complete 7/5, OOS

• Love
Also got a II today!!! LM 81, complete 8/12, OOS from AL!

• Love
Does anybody know definitively if the information sessions were mandatory or affect your application's standing? I missed one of them and am unsure if I need to plead for mercy.

Update: If you have to miss the session due to something like urgent circumstances, you can attend the next one that is scheduled.

Last edited:
Dean Rivera said in the info sessions that they will tell you within 3 weeks whether you have been accepted, rejected, or are being continually reviewed. Do you think they will release acceptances before October 17?
I asked that exact question and he said that yes, they will release acceptances before the 17th.

I am patiently waiting for my rejection email, which I plan to print and frame for my office.

Reactions: 1 users
post interview hold. notified by email

Last edited:
  • Care
Post-II Hold. Interviewed 9/13. While it could be worse and this outcome somewhat expected, I can't help but feel disappointed :(

• Care
Reactions: 2 users