2022-2023 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
me neither like I am very grateful it wasn't a flat out rejection, but it also seems like so many people are put on waitlist for an ii
Same. Got a waitlist for an interview. Don't know how to feel about it

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
me neither like I am very grateful it wasn't a flat out rejection, but it also seems like so many people are put on waitlist for an ii
Seems like AZCOM does pull from the ii waitlist during Jan-Spring but I’m moving on from the school 😞 I’m sad

For those that are down about II waitlists or not hearing back, this is a great opportunity for you to write an update letter!! I just sent mine out to schools I hadn’t heard back from recently.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have interviewed here and did the virtual interview, how was it structured?
If it's the same as last year, it was my favorite interview day because they got to the point and didn't fill it with presentations.

IIRC, we started around 8 am, about 30 mins of introduction stuff, then there was a 3 hour block for actual interviews. You could turn your camera off and do as you pleased for the 2.5 hours you weren't interviewing. 30 minute 2-on-1 faculty interview. A few more brief presentations, lunch, and then we were done by around 2 pm I think.

Hey everyone,

Hope you are all staying positive during this application cycle. Keep your heads up as this is just the beginning and a lot can change very quickly! I am a current second year student at AZCOM and wanted to keep the door open for any questions you all may have about the program. It is a very rigorous program but I have enjoyed my time here so far with some really amazing people. Best of luck!

I was complete early august and have heard nothing....any suggestions on what I should do?

Stuff popped up on the accepted student checklist! I’m assuming that’s an A!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Stuff popped up on the accepted student checklist! I’m assuming that’s an A!
I have some things that popped up there as well. Interviewed 9/9. Fingers crossed

EDIT: GOT THE A via email about 30 mins after!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I got the email. We interviewed the same day. Congrats you’re going to be a doctor!

A 20 min ago. interviewed virtually mid-september. IS above avg stats. they give you until december 15 to pay $200 deposit

Accepted! OOS. I virtually interviewed last week! So excited, this is my top choice osteopathic program!

accepted oos! was anyone who got an A today able to pay the deposit? mine keeps saying "check back tomorrow"…

For those who got As would you mind sharing your lizzy score

Just got the email. Interviewed 2 weeks ago. Accepted!

Accepted via checking portal. Awaiting confirmation from school. LM 70 IS. Interviewed on 9/23

Did anyone get the new page on the portal but no email?

Did anyone get the new page on the portal but no email?
I had the same issue and reached out to their ADCOM. It is an A. For some reason it seems like some people didn't receive emails as they were sent Monday.

I have an in-person interview scheduled for the 7th. For those that have already interviewed, do they send an email giving more details because I have not received anything yet? Also, is wearing a shirt + tie fine, or should I wear a suit? What paperwork should I bring as well other than my ID? I preemptively apologize for my neuroticism!

I have an in-person interview scheduled for the 7th. For those that have already interviewed, do they send an email giving more details because I have not received anything yet? Also, is wearing a shirt + tie fine, or should I wear a suit? What paperwork should I bring as well other than my ID? I preemptively apologize for my neuroticism!
I interviewed in person and everyone wore a suit. They just send you a reminder email a few days before. You have interviews, campus tour, and lunch. I really liked the interview. It very laid back and easy.

Is the interview open or closed file? And is there an MMI section?
Best of luck to everyone interviewing and congrats to everyone who has an A already!

Interviews are open file for at least your ECs and essays, I don't know if they have access to GPA/MCAT.

Congrats to everyone who was accepted!

Question for current students: Is AZCOM worth the tuition? For example, if you were accepted to BCOM and AZCOM, is it worth the extra $20k / year?

Question for current students: Is AZCOM worth the tuition? For example, if you were accepted to BCOM and AZCOM, is it worth the extra $20k / year?

Current M1 at AZCOM. I think this question really depends on your values and goals. For me, it was important to stay close to family and I loved the opportunity of rotating in CA. AZCOM has historically matched better than BCOM in the past, most likely because BCOM is on the newer side while AZCOM is more established.

I knew I would likely struggle if I was living in an area I didn't like while being far from my family. For me, that alone was worth an extra 60k (that was the difference between AZCOM and my second choice).

I don’t know a ton about BCOM except for it being in New Mexico and not very established yet. Those alone would make me choose AZCOM, honestly. It’s hard enough to be a DO sometimes, you don’t want the added “Wait what school is that? Never heard of it” factor. My SO is from Albuquerque and let’s just say there are reasons he left NM.

I was accepted to AT Still SOMA as well and that was also a no brainer. I think only $16k difference there.

However in the overall scheme of things, I don’t think any of these schools should be charging what they do. *Relative* to other schools, yes, I think AZCOM is worth being in the higher price bracket. But the actual tuition of $76k? Ehhh, as much as I like AZCOM overall, I really fail to see where my money is going.

At that price, they pull $19 MILLION yearly off ONE class of DO students. Never mind the other 3 years, plus all the other programs on campus. Yet, the running joke at orientation was being fed a 4” piece of Jimmy John’s with an apple and water bottle for lunch.

Current M1 at AZCOM. I think this question really depends on your values and goals. For me, it was important to stay close to family and I loved the opportunity of rotating in CA. AZCOM has historically matched better than BCOM in the past, most likely because BCOM is on the newer side while AZCOM is more established.

I knew I would likely struggle if I was living in an area I didn't like while being far from my family. For me, that alone was worth an extra 60k (that was the difference between AZCOM and my second choice).
I don’t know a ton about BCOM except for it being in New Mexico and not very established yet. Those alone would make me choose AZCOM, honestly. It’s hard enough to be a DO sometimes, you don’t want the added “Wait what school is that? Never heard of it” factor. My SO is from Albuquerque and let’s just say there are reasons he left NM.

I was accepted to AT Still SOMA as well and that was also a no brainer. I think only $16k difference there.

However in the overall scheme of things, I don’t think any of these schools should be charging what they do. *Relative* to other schools, yes, I think AZCOM is worth being in the higher price bracket. But the actual tuition of $76k? Ehhh, as much as I like AZCOM overall, I really fail to see where my money is going.

At that price, they pull $19 MILLION yearly off ONE class of DO students. Never mind the other 3 years, plus all the other programs on campus. Yet, the running joke at orientation was being fed a 4” piece of Jimmy John’s with an apple and water bottle for lunch.

I really appreciate your responses! They were extremely detailed with a lot of good information. As of now, AZCOM is my top DO school. One last question - would you choose AZCOM over a lower-tier MD school in an undesirable area?

Does anyone know what the post-interview acceptance rate is? I really enjoyed the interview.

Someone asked on my interview day and they said around 60% including off the waitlist

Reactions: 3 users
I really appreciate your responses! They were extremely detailed with a lot of good information. As of now, AZCOM is my top DO school. One last question - would you choose AZCOM over a lower-tier MD school in an undesirable area?
No. If you get an MD acceptance, TAKE IT.

Even the lower-tier MD schools are still > the highest DO schools to a lot of residencies. Don't handicap yourself.

has anyone gotten off the hold list for an interview yet?

Interview hold in the middle of the night. Anyone know how the outlook is once you’re placed on the interview waitlist?