2022-2023 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for anyone interviewing in person: are y’all bringing a backpack or purse or something?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I probably won’t be bringing anything. I’m sure it would be fine if there are things that you need

the schedule has 3 hrs available for interviews... does anyone know how many interviews there are and if they are one on one?

Members don't see this ad :)
I seem to remember seeing somewhere that it is a 30 minute 2:1 interview. Does anyone know if tomorrow is the first interviews of this cycle?

Just got an email saying they are denying me an interview. Really bummed. Feel like this whole cycle is going in the toilet.

Reactions: 1 users
interviewed 9/8 virtual. it's just 30 minute 2:1 interview session. lots of waiting time in between. interviewers were very relaxed, laid back. asked the usual suspect questions i.e. why DO, why AZCOM, how you handle stress, tell me about your research, tell me about yourself. that 30min time flies by though so be mindful of the duration of your answers. lmk if you have any other questions about the virtual interview day in general.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an email saying they are denying me an interview. Really bummed. Feel like this whole cycle is going in the toilet.

I’m sorry :( , don’t lose faith you never know when you’ll get an II from a school , if you don’t mind me asking, what were your Stats and when did u submit ur secondary ?

I know rejections suck to say the least. However, don’t get discouraged by this one rejection.

Reactions: 1 user
As much as it sucks to get those rejections, the only positive if you want to see it is they told you early. I appreciate that more so I can have time to count them out and plan for a new approach or put my focus elsewhere. I hate that schools really leave us hanging for almost a year just to tell us no. I’d much rather know early. Again that wasn’t helpful but hang in there. Not feeling good about this cycle currently either. Thought I’d see more action by now but I keep getting told it’s still early so all we can do is wait I guess. Best of luck with other programs! We just need one acceptance!

As much as it sucks to get those rejections, the only positive if you want to see it is they told you early. I appreciate that more so I can have time to count them out and plan for a new approach or put my focus elsewhere. I hate that schools really leave us hanging for almost a year just to tell us no. I’d much rather know early. Again that wasn’t helpful but hang in there. Not feeling good about this cycle currently either. Thought I’d see more action by now but I keep getting told it’s still early so all we can do is wait I guess. Best of luck with other programs! We just need one acceptance!
A friend of mine last cycle did not hear anything until November when she was invited for an interview. Went to the interview and was accepted a few weeks later. She wasn’t feeling good either, in fact she lost all hope. Don’t get discouraged.

Reactions: 2 users
I have been complete for a month but still no news. How long did you all wait for an II?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry, but keep your chin up! This just means there are other schools out there that you'll align with better!

Does anyone know what reason a school would send a pre-interview rejection? I'm sure stats is a factor, but would it just be that they didn't like the secondary, not enough X or Y hours, etc?

I'm sorry, but keep your chin up! This just means there are other schools out there that you'll align with better!

Does anyone know what reason a school would send a pre-interview rejection? I'm sure stats is a factor, but would it just be that they didn't like the secondary, not enough X or Y hours, etc?
It could be anything really. But the big two factors I am sure are MCAT and GPA.

II Waitlisted. LM 65 - completed application just a few weeks ago.

would someone who got an II waitlist be able to share if there’s something different on their portal/what the email notification said ? Complete 7/9 and has been complete silence so far …. from all my schools giving our holds and Rs and II ……. 🫠🫠🫠 in silence purgatory ….

would someone who got an II waitlist be able to share if there’s something different on their portal/what the email notification said ? Complete 7/9 and has been complete silence so far …. from all my schools giving our holds and Rs and II ……. 🫠🫠🫠 in silence purgatory ….

Looks like nothing changed on my portal

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is II waitlist a waitlist prior to receiving an II, or after? i.e. if prior, you can be pulled off the waitlist at any point to be interviewed?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is II waitlist a waitlist prior to receiving an II, or after? i.e. if prior, you can be pulled off the waitlist at any point to be interviewed?
Prior

So if we didn’t get a R or put on II WL we’re essentially on hold? Or is it a likely R

So if we didn’t get a R or put on II WL we’re essentially on hold? Or is it a likely R
I would assume if it was a rejection they would have flat out sent a rejection letter. I wonder if they have a high acceptance rate post interview so instead of being waitlisted after interviews, they waitlist people prior. Just a thought.

• Hmm
yeah just got the "waitlist for interview" email too. What does that statistically mean for this school? Good news or false hope?
Look at last years thread to see how many people were pulled off of the waitlist

I would assume if it was a rejection they would have flat out sent a rejection letter. I wonder if they have a high acceptance rate post interview so instead of being waitlisted after interviews, they waitlist people prior. Just a thought.
Sorry, I misread the question. Disregard what I said

What is the turnaround time on decisions following the interview?

On Friday they said we would hear back within three weeks