2022-2023 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if this has been answered before but a hold here is basically a soft R right?
Guys.

- An II waitlist is NOT a bad thing. They pull from it. They accept people who were on it. They're letting you know you're still in the running.
- If they wanted to hit you with a hard R... they would do it.
- A WL after an II is not horrible either. They pull actively from it starting in May and through the summer. Someone got off it last year, like 3 days before orientation.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
how soon before the interview was the link sent? the morning of?

For those that are down about II waitlists or not hearing back, this is a great opportunity for you to write an update letter!! I just sent mine out to schools I hadn’t heard back from recently.

What kind of stuff really constitutes for an update though? I'm not retaking my MCAT, nor am I enrolled in classes. I HAVE gained more shadowing and nonclinical volunteering hours though ... so there's that

What kind of stuff really constitutes for an update though? I'm not retaking my MCAT, nor am I enrolled in classes. I HAVE gained more shadowing and nonclinical volunteering hours though ... so there's that

I pm’d you :)

Waitlist pre-ii
Can't win them all.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
II at 12:56 am, complete 07/22

Last edited:
Lol I got offered to apply to the pharmacy school

I interviewed on 9/9 and was accepted on 9/26. if you see accepted checklist on your portal. CONGRATULATIONS FUTURE DOCTOR! You'll get the accepted email later today !!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed on 9/9 and was accepted on 9/26. if you see accepted checklist on your portal. CONGRATULATIONS FUTURE DOCTOR! You'll get the accepted email later today !!!!!
I just called to confirm... I was accepted!!!! Woohoo, congrats to you as well!! This is my top DO school too.

Reactions: 1 users
Does this mean, I am in.
1666299466255.png

I can see the accepted checklist tab but I just interviewed on Tuesday. No email. They said we wouldn’t be notified till first week in November. Don’t want to get too excited

i see the accepted student checklist, but no email. i interviewed 10/4

edit: just got the email rn, 2 hours later!

Last edited:
Just received the acceptance email !! Interviewed 9/30

Reactions: 3 users
Is there an accepted students day for those of us who could not attend the interview in person?

Received my acceptance letter! Interviewed 9/30 and got accepted 10/21 :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted on 10/21!! interviewed 10/11 :')

I haven’t seen anything about one yet, but I’d join I’d there was one

Classes of 2025 & 2026 use Discord really heavily - I think the entire class is on it for our year. I'll make one for you guys & drop the link :)

Edit: here you guys go! It's still REALLY early but probably towards spring I can see if some more of the '26 class wants to jump on and give advice, be 'big sibs', etc.

Last edited:
Classes of 2025 & 2026 use Discord really heavily - I think the entire class is on it for our year. I'll make one for you guys & drop the link :)

Edit: here you guys go! It's still REALLY early but probably towards spring I can see if some more of the '26 class wants to jump on and give advice, be 'big sibs', etc.

Thanks!

rejected pre II this morning and they tried to recruit me to their masters program in the rejection email lol complete 7/15

Last edited:
Submitted early August and total silence since then :(

Rejected post II today (interview was 9/30). No rejection email I had to email them to ask why I hadn't heard back.

I was informed via email on 10/8 that my application had been put on the waitlist for a potential future interview invite. Does anyone have any experience with this? Do they move through this list quickly? I haven’t heard of any other schools using a waitlist for interviews.