2022-2023 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II complete 9/10 LM 72

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 11 users
Just wanted to confirm if there was an active FB group for the Class of 2027 Admitted students?

I placed a request to join using the link included in the admissions email, however I haven't heard back since the end of December. I am assuming the admin working on the FB page was enjoying their break so no problem at all, just want to make sure there isn't an updated FB group. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Just wanted to confirm if there was an active FB group for the Class of 2027 Admitted students?

I placed a request to join using the link included in the admissions email, however I haven't heard back since the end of December. I am assuming the admin working on the FB page was enjoying their break so no problem at all, just want to make sure there isn't an updated FB group. :)
Hi!! Yes there is a Facebook group for admitted students. They may have been taking a break so I would wait on it a bit more. I don’t think many people have posted on there so you aren’t missing much! If you don’t get it by the end of this month you should reach out to admissions.

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now! Reapplicant. I can’t believe it 😭

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
I'm surprised there are only 6 pages on this school's forum. I wonder if they have a late cycle or if it's as simple as most applicants are not active on SDN.

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Thank you!! Just wondering, what do you think is better for admissions odds, in person or virtual interview? Kinda torn. I'd have to fly out there, but if it improves my chances I'll do it
one of the admissions counselors on my interview day kept saying how good it is that we came in person, like saying "obviously we can't favor anyone based on virtual or in person but... you know.. coming in person is still helps a bit. my in person interview was much more fun and fluid than virtual, i guess it depends also on how u think you will perform. i personally was way less nervous bc in person you have time to get jitters out and such. best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A call yesterday! Interviewed on Dec 13th, OOS

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know how long this school typically interviews for? Should we be expecting many more interview invites?

Reactions: 1 users
II OOS today! Complete early September. I can't believe it! This is my only II so I'm beyond thrilled! Definitely didn't think I would get to this point

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
Anyone know what interview dates available/ how far out they are going this year? Seems like from past threads they interviewed until around the middle of February

Anyone hear back from the dec 7th interview? Or from any others from the first week of dec?

Early morning interview invite! Surprised as its late in the season.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
II on 2/7 - super excited for it! I chose to do it in person to get a feel for the campus/hate Zoom. Does anyone have any advice or comments for how their interview went & what I should expect?

Reactions: 7 users
II on 2/7 - super excited for it! I chose to do it in person to get a feel for the campus/hate Zoom. Does anyone have any advice or comments for how their interview went & what I should expect?
Interview was very conversational.
-Open file(faculty)
-Partial file (student)
-Tour of campus.

Reactions: 3 users
Is there any kind of facebook group or groupchat for admitted students?

Is there any kind of facebook group or groupchat for admitted students?
There is a Facebook group. If you were accepted I believe we got emails sent out to us to join it. You could look it on on Fb or email admissions about it

how many interview dates were left?

ii received today! so grateful! oos, kinda with ties, LM like 71-72, completed in early sept with an update a couple weeks ago. send in those updates people!

Reactions: 4 users
II received today as well! OOS, LM 68, reapplicant, was about to send an update but never did lol. Complete late July

Reactions: 3 users
II received today as well! OOS, LM 68, reapplicant, was about to send an update but never did lol. Complete late July

Can u view the attachment they sent with the email? I can’t view or download it no matter what I try

Does anyone have a link to the secondary portal? I accidentally deleted my email :(

OOS II today! no ties but I talked to an admissions rep during a pre-health conference and sent a few updates. not sure how much that helped

Edit: complete mid Aug

Last edited:
For anyone who interviewed at Loyola - did they ask about Jesuit values/if they apply to your life?

For anyone who interviewed at Loyola - did they ask about Jesuit values/if they apply to your life?
No they didn’t specifically ask, but I’d make sure you’re familiar with it and think about how your experiences tie in to core Jesuit values. It’s def important in the selection process

I believe it was asked during my interview, but not entirely sure how it was brought up (interviewed awhile ago so can’t recall exactly).

Interviewed and accepted a while back, it wasn't brought up at all during the interview, I am non religious.

Omg...I'm so upset. Loyola never got my MCAT score and that's the reason they are kicking my application out and they said its too late to sort things through. 😭 I thought MCAT score is released automatically...wth

• Care
Omg...I'm so upset. Loyola never got my MCAT score and that's the reason they are kicking my application out and they said its too late to sort things through. 😭 I thought MCAT score is released automatically...wth
Did you ever get a complete email?

Did you ever get a complete email?
It's my 1st time applying to this school. It didn't even occur to me that I didn't get a "complete" email. The only email I got was, "Thank you for submitting your supplemental application. Your file will be reviewed upon receipt of your most recent set of MCAT scores. To avoid further delay, please submit your letters of recommendation if you haven't already done so. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our admissions office at [email protected]" I trusted that my LOR and MCAT were sent automatically...