2022-2023 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What aspects of abortion care is covered in their curriculum and/or in rotations. Would I need to seek external rotations at different universities to be educated on this etc.
I can't say for certain but I feel like I remember reading that they pair with University of Chicago to allow for further education on abortion care

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What aspects of abortion care is covered in their curriculum and/or in rotations. Would I need to seek external rotations at different universities to be educated on this etc.
Out of scope for a medical school student. Most medical schools do not cover it and you will most likely only learn this if you do OBGYN residency. You will talk about it as a topic in some lectures/extracurricular activities but you are not going to learn techniques or anything too specific.

Out of scope for a medical school student. Most medical schools do not cover it and you will most likely only learn this if you do OBGYN residency. You will talk about it as a topic in some lectures/extracurricular activities but you are not going to learn techniques or anything too specific.
Good to know, thanks for the response!

Members don't see this ad :)
For #9, does two years refer to two years at this present moment or by matriculation? I graduated in 2021 so I'm unsure if I should fill this out because it will be over two years in August of 2023
It's been a while since this comment but I'm doing the same and filling it out. I just noted at the beginning that upon matriculation it will have been two years!

OOS submitted 7/22, notified through portal (no email) my app is being held. 504, 3.1 cgpa in undergrad 3.8 cgpa in masters

Is it too late to apply to Loyola? Have not even started....

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get an email or you checked the portal? Congrats!!
Email! From what I have seen, it sounds pretty hard to miss an interview invitation! Check your portals every once in a while but don't worry you'll get an email! Good Luck!!!!!

Is there an advantage to in person vs zoom? I mean I know there isn't supposed to be but I cannot help but feel that it is viewed more favorably if you do in person.

Is there an advantage to in person vs zoom? I mean I know there isn't supposed to be but I cannot help but feel that it is viewed more favorably if you do in person.
I called them and found out the earliest zoom date is a week after the in-person date that available on my portal. and I asked them if they favor one way or another, they said no. so not an easy decision but personally I think I perform better in person and want to go check in the campus since I never been to the area before.

Posting this link in here and basically goes through the whole application process and how they pick who to interview among 10K to 15k applicants from the Assistant Dean of Admissions and Recruitment.

Reactions: 10 users
interview invite received on 8/15. Submitted secondary in last week of July

• Love
OOS II this morning. Submitted late July, one of my top choices!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Is there any current SSOM student in here that is willing to help me with my interview prep? I just have general questions about the school and specifically what type of questions I should ask my student interviewer.

When will your interview be if you don’t mind me asking? Hoping there’s still a chance to get a late august II
I thought Loyola historically schedules IIs very conservatively (meaning they won't send II in August for a December interview)? I rmbr seeing that they only give 3 date options for people who receive II

I thought Loyola historically schedules IIs very conservatively (meaning they won't send II in August for a December interview)? I rmbr seeing that they only give 3 date options for people who receive II
Yeah I got four date options (3 in person/1 virtual) that are all in September

Hi guys how long did it take to receive a secondary here?

What do u guys feel about the word limit? Do you think it's okay not to go up to 500? Some of my responses are 200-300

What do u guys feel about the word limit? Do you think it's okay not to go up to 500? Some of my responses are 200-300
I’ve seen this question around on reddit and here. It’s just a word limit, not necessarily how many words you must write. If you can convey a thought clearly and comprehensively, while also being succinct - then you are good to go, imo. If you find yourself going long (for good reason, not rambling) and hitting the limit, then thats okay too.

If you are unsure either way, question each sentence - “is this adding to my overall thought?”, “can I be more direct/clear?”, etc etc

I’ve seen this question around on reddit and here. It’s just a word limit, not necessarily how many words you must write. If you can convey a thought clearly and comprehensively, while also being succinct - then you are good to go, imo. If you find yourself going long (for good reason, not rambling) and hitting the limit, then thats okay too.

If you are unsure either way, question each sentence - “is this adding to my overall thought?”, “can I be more direct/clear?”, etc etc
When reading an app I care much less about how many words and much more about what you say

Send thank you emails this weekend or wait till Tuesday morning since Monday is a holiday?

Send thank you emails this weekend or wait till Tuesday morning since Monday is a holiday?
I’d personally send them today - on the Friday before Labor Day & then enjoy a restful holiday knowing you’ve done all you can for now. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello I just received an II about an hour ago but I only have in-person options. Did anyone else have the same issue, and do you advise contacting the admissions office?

Hello I just received an II about an hour ago but I only have in-person options. Did anyone else have the same issue, and do you advise contacting the admissions office?
same here. called the office and ask for virtual options, they will help you.

Reactions: 2 users
OOS MD/PhD II. Secondary submitted mid-august. MCAT 513, GPA 3.63

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
OOS II. Secondary submitted July 13th I think. LM is like a 71 I think. Making the trip to Chicago since there were no zoom options:)

• Love
Reactions: 12 users