2022-2023 Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any accepted students who can’t access the health forms? I have been trying to call student affairs all day yesterday and this morning and no one’s picking up…
They’re posted in the groupme and you have to wait a bit for them to give you google access

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still waiting on a decision from a February interview? I’ve had absolute silence.

Hi guys, I was accepted to HMSOM a couple of months back, and have been traveling outside the US - only just got access to internet. I hit CTE for HMSOM on AMCAS just now (approximately 7:30AM June 2nd, EST), though there's an email I got (back in February) saying we should (not must) select CTE on or before June 1st. I originally selected PTE for HMSOM, and am currently waitlisted at another medical school. I plan on contacting the school I got waitlisted for to withdraw my position. Will my HMSOM admission offer be affected in any way, or will I not be able to attend because I hit CTE today (and not yesterday)? Thanks, and looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Hi guys, I was accepted to HMSOM a couple of months back, and have been traveling outside the US - only just got access to internet. I hit CTE for HMSOM on AMCAS just now (approximately 7:30AM June 2nd, EST), though there's an email I got (back in February) saying we should (not must) select CTE on or before June 1st. I originally selected PTE for HMSOM, and am currently waitlisted at another medical school. I plan on contacting the school I got waitlisted for to withdraw my position. Will my HMSOM admission offer be affected in any way, or will I not be able to attend because I hit CTE today (and not yesterday)? Thanks, and looking forward to hearing from you guys.
You should definitely reach out to the school about it

My friend spoke with them- they are finishing interviews this upcoming week and will release decisions sometime after then. I'll have to withdraw my application before I receive a post-II answer 🤷‍♀️ oh well. Best of luck for those still waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an email for an II. I've luckily already been accepted to a school, so I'm wondering if I should even take this interview seriously so laughably late into the cycle. Do they do this often or are they just scrambling this year?

Received an email for an II. I've luckily already been accepted to a school, so I'm wondering if I should even take this interview seriously so laughably late into the cycle. Do they do this often or are they just scrambling this year?
Don't get me wrong, im grateful for the interview, but I can't help but think that it's just for insurance purposes on their part, trying to make sure they can pull enough people off the waitlist at the last minute to fill up all their seats.

Don't get me wrong, im grateful for the interview, but I can't help but think that it's just for insurance purposes on their part, trying to make sure they can pull enough people off the waitlist at the last minute to fill up all their seats.
I mean their CTE was June 1st so they might just not have enough people

yearly occurance

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who interviewed in the past few weeks hear anything back?
Given that they just opened interviews, I'd imagine they'll be interviewing into next week. That would lead me to believe the final decisions will come out during the last 2 weeks of June.

Withdrew my A just now. hope it goes to one of you. best of luck.

Interviewed today. Went so horribly lol. I learned today that I am a rambler. On the bright side, that was probably an easy R for them and I won't have to be in limbo for too long.

I got an additional scholarship today, initially got a small scholarship in April, accepted back in December. So they’re still redistributing aid! Side note, anyone know how soon new scholarships will be reflected in the soma portal?

I got an additional scholarship today, initially got a small scholarship in April, accepted back in December. So they’re still redistributing aid! Side note, anyone know how soon new scholarships will be reflected in the soma portal?
Wow that's awesome. What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Received an II June 12, admissions also called me and tried to interview me on the spot then.

For people who recently got admitted or interviewed, what are your stats

Gave up a full ride and living stipend here today. Hope it goes to someone who wants to be here

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone receive that "Thank you for interviewing with us, We are excited for you to learn more about the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine" email?? I hope this means something :(

Did anyone receive that "Thank you for interviewing with us, We are excited for you to learn more about the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine" email?? I hope this means something :(
I also got that email yesterday. Got the A today!

I also got the A today! My first acceptance after 6 interviews, 4 waitlists, and 1 rejection. I have been silently monitoring SDN threads since last May and relating to all of you. This year has been brutal but this moment was worth it. Keep up the hope everyone because I never thought this was going to happen for me this year. I literally re-applied last Friday 🤣, Oh well

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Got the A this week and received a merit scholarship today. Very thankful! Wondering if this means they’re desperate haha

Got the A this week and received a merit scholarship today. Very thankful! Wondering if this means they’re desperate haha
Congrats on the A! When did you interview? I interviewed last week (6/14) and am wondering if I still have a chance.

Has anyone been formally rejected, I haven’t heard anything since applying back in august. Is there still a chance for a later interview?