2022-2023 Charles R. Drew University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽 id gladly take one of the acceptances when available

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Dr. Loeza said that she offered admissions to more than 60 students but she can’t admit anymore until people drop off and strongly encourage people with A’s to let them know if they want to decline their offer. & Dr. Cortez said that they still require the prerequisites for people who have an A.
you are the real MVP. thanks for the update! this info is really going to help me make my decision. it seems we are almost at the end of the road

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So they accepted people without meeting them ?
no. they accepted people who interviewed... and the rest are still waiting for a post ii decision. idk if they are still interviewing as i haven't seen anyone post on this thread about having an interview in march or april.

Reactions: 1 user
So CDU/ucla had their match day on the Charles drew campus today. This makes me wonder just how this new medical school differs much from the drew ucla program… in terms of curriculum, and rotations
I know that a lot of their faculty hold joint appointments at both schools so its possible there are gonna some similarities in how classes are taught. For example Dr. Loeza is a faculty member of both CDU and UCLA.

Btw does anyone have the list of clinical sites for CDU?
below are the clerkship sites that they mentioned during the open house in January. i'm not sure if the list has changed since.

California Hospital Medical Center, Dignity Health/Common Spirit
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Global Care Medical Group IPA
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Department of Health Services, Los Angeles County
Kedren Health, Psychiatric Hospital and Community Health Center
Long Beach Veteran’s Administration Medical Center
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital
Rancho Los Amigos Rehabilitation Center and Hospital, Department of Health
Services, Los Angeles County
Saint Francis Medical Center
Saint Mary’s Medical Center, Dignity Health/Common Spirit

below are the clerkship sites that they mentioned during the open house in January. i'm not sure if the list has changed since.

California Hospital Medical Center, Dignity Health/Common Spirit
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Global Care Medical Group IPA
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Department of Health Services, Los Angeles County
Kedren Health, Psychiatric Hospital and Community Health Center
Long Beach Veteran’s Administration Medical Center
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital
Rancho Los Amigos Rehabilitation Center and Hospital, Department of Health
Services, Los Angeles County
Saint Francis Medical Center
Saint Mary’s Medical Center, Dignity Health/Common Spirit
Thanks so much! Just to confirm these are for CDU only right not the CDU/UCLA program?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Loeza said that she offered admissions to more than 60 students but she can’t admit anymore until people drop off and strongly encourage people with A’s to let them know if they want to decline their offer. & Dr. Cortez said that they still require the prerequisites for people who have an A.

Fingers crossed.

I’m trying to be optimistic but I’d be lying if I didn’t say I’m feeling pretty bummed today.

They’ve accepted well over 60 people, I believe about 60 have held their spot. Most (almost all) are California residents whose only acceptance is CDU. I feel like a solid amount of people are fully committed to attending Drew, but I sense there may be some people who are in the sidelines maybe on other waitlists or concerned about the cost, etc. I’m sure there might be little movement but it won’t be extremely huge movement.

Reactions: 1 users
They’ve accepted well over 60 people, I believe about 60 have held their spot. Most (almost all) are California residents whose only acceptance is CDU. I feel like a solid amount of people are fully committed to attending Drew, but I sense there may be some people who are in the sidelines maybe on other waitlists or concerned about the cost, etc. I’m sure there might be little movement but it won’t be extremely huge movement.
were you accepted?

Yeah this makes sense. In most waitlists there's usually very little movement. Probably an average of about 10 seats at most.

When do you guys think the waitlist emails will come out?
I would say maybe by April 1st. I know the following deadlines take place next month. Realistically the waitlist will probably not move until April 30th. By now, all schools can see how many acceptances students have.

• By April 15, applicants to AMCAS schools may be holding a spot at no more than three schools. Applicants may remain on waitlists for other schools.
  • By April 30, applicants to AMCAS schools may be holding a spot at only one school. Applicants may remain on waitlists for other schools.

My birthday is next month, so an acceptance any time in April (especially if on my bday), would be absolutely amazing. I can be patient and wait for it.

Has anyone written a letter of interest for their application. Please DM me, I would like to ask a few questions

Why do you say that? I wish they told us what’s going on. Or at least reply to emails
they said they cant send any more A's til people decline their offer. Well most of the people that got in, this is their only offer so thats why we think its most likely gonna be WL or R

Question for those accepted and attended your meeting last Saturday, i know financial aid packages haven't been sent yet, but did they mention anything regarding fed loans/private loans/etc?
Thanks in advance!

so i guess they sent out a couple A's today.. i didn't get anything but I know someone who did get in

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Q
Question for those accepted and attended your meeting last Saturday, i know financial aid packages haven't been sent yet, but did they mention anything regarding fed loans/private loans/etc?
Thanks in advance!
there will be federal aid available, 4 full ride scholarships (I believe these are the LA Care scholarships) along with other scholarships that will be sent out in April :)

Reactions: 2 users
Kinda disappointed because I attended Drew and crickets
Sound about right. Drew doesn't pay attention to students outside of their postbacc program. For example, their view of their master's program is: you are good enough for other schools but not us (there are a few exceptions). It is almost starting to sound like a scam. They basically had enough former Drew students apply to fill half of their inaugural class (so i was told).

Sound about right. Drew doesn't pay attention to students outside of their postbacc program. For example, their view of their master's program is: you are good enough for other schools but not us (there are a few exceptions). It is almost starting to sound like a scam. They basically had enough former Drew students apply to fill half of their inaugural class (so i was told).

Yea. Based on their 4 year MD plan on their website, getting a high rate of those post bac students matriculating was part of their plan and one of the metrics they are using to gauge their success of creating the MD program.

Yes I think many of us were given false hope.

just send me my R already!! -__-