2022-2023 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is Brown done sending interviews? If we still didn't get an interview from this school, should we consider ourselves rejected?

Last year they sent II well into January.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
alright anyone else majorly stressed for tomorrow?? fingers crossed for all of us!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Got the wait list. Anyone know the turnover?
in my interview sesh they said that they accept 30% of interviewees right off the bat and then they pull another 20% from the waitlist in the spring so their overall acceptance rate post-II is about 50%

Members don't see this ad :)
II received ! WARS 92, LM 81, IS (ugh), ORM, 9 AP classes, favorite color blue, puts toothpaste first then wets toothbrush with water! Complete 7/26

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
II received ! WARS 92, LM 81, IS (ugh), ORM, 9 AP classes, favorite color blue, puts toothpaste first then wets toothbrush with water! Complete 7/26
Damn I wet my toothbrush first. Maybe im just not a good fit :(

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Has anyone with their LM in the low 70's received an II? It seems like everyone here has crazy high stats
Edit: I see one person

Reactions: 2 users
Interview invite!!!! Brown was my dream school for undergrad so I’m going bonkers right now.

Complete late July.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Got one in three days from now, on the fifteenth, but they have interviews up until January 14th. I’m thinking someone might have pulled out.

That would be me :) I withdrew because I already got acceptances in places I would choose over and wanted to give other people a spot!

Reactions: 13 users
Dear Applicant,

Due to a testing error in our system, a small number of candidates still under review were accidentally invited to interview earlier this afternoon. Unfortunately, your file was among this group. We are not able accommodate you for an interview at this time.

I realize this will come as a disappointment, and this is a difficult email to send. Please know that we will keep your application in mind as we continue to review files.

I wanted to let you know as soon as possible.

With sincerest apologies,

Joanne

Fml

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 30 users
Dear Applicant,

Due to a testing error in our system, a small number of candidates still under review were accidentally invited to interview earlier this afternoon. Unfortunately, your file was among this group. We are not able accommodate you for an interview at this time.

I realize this will come as a disappointment, and this is a difficult email to send. Please know that we will keep your application in mind as we continue to review files.

Joanne

Fml
Got this also lol

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Dear Applicant,

Joanne

Fml
Oh my god this is insane I'm so sorry

Oh wow this is something… I can’t imagine the rollercoaster emotion during such a fragile time for most still waiting. Sigh

Reactions: 4 users
This literally just happened at UTSW on Friday too except they sent an II to EVERYONE who applied. Honestly I don't know how this keeps happening and I'm so sorry for you guys that it happened to especially since I know the feeling :( Sending love @UnsolicitedSlug @hhhhhhhhh

Bruh that’s actually crazy, admissions have straight bot moments some times I swear

• Haha
I got the same email with the mistake interview... it was the first interview invite ive had from an MD school this whole cycle too. They emailed me an hour after I scheduled my interview.

Pain hit me in a way i didnt know it could.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 24 users
I got the same email with the mistake interview... it was the first interview invite ive had from an MD school this whole cycle too. They emailed me an hour after I scheduled my interview.

Damn, I’m sorry that you had to deal with this!

• Care

omgg. I'm so sorry

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Does Brown accept Pre-II updates? If so where do we submit

Wow guys I’m so sorry to everyone that happened to. I would be so crushed. And also this is why every time I’ve received an II I’m like “is this real or fake” cause they ARE FAKE sometimes omg

• Care
Wow guys I’m so sorry to everyone that happened to. I would be so crushed. And also this is why every time I’ve received an II I’m like “is this real or fake” cause they ARE FAKE sometimes omg
Really hitting that imposter syndrome HARD

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, personally it's never happened to me before, but I guess now I know to always question it lol

Reactions: 1 user