2022-2023 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete 7/24, II hold 8/22
Thank you. Hopefully I'll hear something soon then. This limbo is the worst.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have they sent out any rejections yet? I just received a hold today. Wondering if they just put basically everyone on hold?

Hey how long did it take for you guys to get ANY status update (II or hold)? I was complete almost a month ago (8/8) and I still don't have any updates, just that my app was received.
Complete 8/5, hold today 9/8, OOS, no ties.

Reactions: 1 user
Hold, IS, LM 73, complete 7/15. Thought I was a good fit since my app also has a rural medicine focus :(

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an II but when I go to schedule it there are no dates on the calendar at all? is this happening to anyone else :(

I just got an II but when I go to schedule it there are no dates on the calendar at all? is this happening to anyone else :(

I got a hold, and when I went to schedule my inte… oh wait :(

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nvm just had to wait for them to open up spots! Im OOS, URM, 508mcat, 3.6 gpa

Do they review applications randomly? Because I only got an email saying my application was received on 7/21. I think it has not even been reviewed yet. I am an IS applicant btw

Do they review applications randomly? Because I only got an email saying my application was received on 7/21. I think it has not even been reviewed yet. I am an IS applicant btw
They might tbh. Last year I got an interview like 2 weeks after I applied and this year I've heard nothing and it's been a couple months

They might tbh. Last year I got an interview like 2 weeks after I applied and this year I've heard nothing and it's been a couple months
Oh no :/ I was complete on 8/8 and based on this years thread I thought I should hear back within 4-6 weeks. Guess there's gonna be more limbo 😔😔

II hold update. no change .—.

They’re going to be updating the holds every week, FYI. I’m fully prepared for a weekly heart attack and disappointment LMAO

They’re going to be updating the holds every week, FYI. I’m fully prepared for a weekly heart attack and disappointment LMAO
It’s like that toxic ex that keeps reaching out periodically

Reactions: 4 users
I was placed on II hold in early august and this is the first update I've received so updates may only come out once every few weeks

For anyone that submitted in August, how long did it take to receive either a hold or an invite (first update). I completed 08/16 and haven't received any updates yet.

Reactions: 1 user
are they very strict about their clinical letter requirement? I got an interview invite but i dont have a clinical letter so im not sure how thats going to go. I have a letter from a physician that was my professor and for other schools that counted as a physcian letter but for UA tucson it specifically says they need a letter from someone who has seen you interact with patients and i dont have that. im in state if that makes any difference.

Hi all, I’m wondering if there’s a specific size that the photo we upload into the secondary should be. Some other schools have mentioned passport 2x2 size. But UofA Tucson doesn’t mention a size. Am I allowed to submit any sized photo?

Did anybody else see this?

University of Arizona medical school in Tucson fails to get full 8-year extension for accreditation

A bit from the article:
The Tucson college of medicine was deemed out of compliance with three of the 12 overall accreditation standards the committee uses to evaluate programs: educational resources and infrastructure; curricular management, evaluation and enhancement; and teaching, supervision, assessment, and student and patient safety.

The committee found the medical program was “unsatisfactory” in a number of areas, including:
  • Bylaws were unclear in terms of leadership responsibilities.
  • Diversity categories were inconsistent and may not have been approved or codified.
  • Students were dissatisfied with cramped and uncomfortable lecture halls and access to spaces.
  • Students were dissatisfied with study and storage spaces on campus and at hospital and clinical sites.
  • The requirement that students “actively participate in care” was interpreted differently based on individual students.
  • The school had low ratings for genetics and biostatistics and epidemiology to prepare students for clinical work.
  • Students were dissatisfied with the school’s responsiveness to feedback on courses and clerkships.
  • The school had no process to make sure clerkship experiences and assessments were comparable across all locations.
  • Students had no clear way to appeal decisions.
  • The school’s tuition refund information was unclear.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

University of Arizona medical school in Tucson fails to get full 8-year extension for accreditation

A bit from the article:
The Tucson college of medicine was deemed out of compliance with three of the 12 overall accreditation standards the committee uses to evaluate programs: educational resources and infrastructure; curricular management, evaluation and enhancement; and teaching, supervision, assessment, and student and patient safety.

The committee found the medical program was “unsatisfactory” in a number of areas, including:
  • Diversity categories were inconsistent and may not have been approved or codified.
  • Students were dissatisfied with cramped and uncomfortable lecture halls and access to spaces.
  • Students were dissatisfied with study and storage spaces on campus and at hospital and clinical sites.
  • The requirement that students “actively participate in care” was interpreted differently based on individual students.
  • The school had low ratings for genetics and biostatistics and epidemiology to prepare students for clinical work.
  • Students were dissatisfied with the school’s responsiveness to feedback on courses and clerkships.
  • The school had no process to make sure clerkship experiences and assessments were comparable across all locations.

I don't feel as bad about being waitlisted now...

A bit from the article:

Could someone explain what exactly this means? Are they now considered unaccredited or are they expected to be unaccredited in the near future?? Sorry I’m unfamiliar with this process. Thanks!

Could someone explain what exactly this means? Are they now considered unaccredited or are they expected to be unaccredited in the near future?? Sorry I’m unfamiliar with this process. Thanks!
They still have full accreditation, it just means they don't have it for the full 8 years yet. I just though the things they were cited on were interesting, sorry to worry anybody!

Hey how long did it take for you guys to get ANY status update (II or hold)? I was complete almost a month ago (8/8) and I still don't have any updates, just that my app was received.
I'm in the same boat. Complete 8/5 no updates at all as of right now

Got hit with the II hold rn. Marked complete 8/05 OOS