2021-2022 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do you guys think I should still send in my secondary after 3 wks of receiving it? My mission fits there's also.

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys think I should still send in my secondary after 3 wks of receiving it? My mission fits there's also.
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. Go for it partner.

Reactions: 2 users
Since Wayne started interviewing so early this year (compared to last year), do you guys think we will hear back before October 1st? This is for regular applicants, not EDP.

Since Wayne started interviewing so early this year (compared to last year), do you guys think we will hear back before October 1st? This is for regular applicants, not EDP.
No, medical schools aren't permitted to release regular decision acceptances until mid October.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
No, medical schools aren't permitted to release regular decision acceptances until mid October.

Schools like NYU have actually release by 10/1 before because it’s a guideline technically I think. I’m pretty sure during my interview they said they’d be starting releasing decisions October 1st.

Schools like NYU have actually release by 10/1 before because it’s a guideline technically I think. I’m pretty sure during my interview they said they’d be starting releasing decisions October 1st.
Yeah! Someone during my interview asked them whether regular decisions would be released after October 1st, and they said that regular decision should also be hearing back by October 1st. You know how they say you’ll hear back 4-6 weeks? Well... October 1st would be past the 6 weeks mark for me.

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know how often they send out interviews? based on the interview tracker, a lot of interview invites were given out on 7/29 so im just wondering if they just send out a ton every month or is it just random?

does anyone know how often they send out interviews? based on the interview tracker, a lot of interview invites were given out on 7/29 so im just wondering if they just send out a ton every month or is it just random?
I believe they sent out 20% of their II on that day, I assume they'll send out more waves soon.

For people who have interviewed here already, did they allow you to use pen & paper for taking notes during the MMI portion? The school I just interviewed at allowed us to and it was really great for organizing my thoughts and making sure I touched on all the points I wanted to.

Members don't see this ad :)
For people who have interviewed here already, did they allow you to use pen & paper for taking notes during the MMI portion? The school I just interviewed at allowed us to and it was really great for organizing my thoughts and making sure I touched on all the points I wanted to.
You certainly can, but it is not encouraged. They have a few videos on youtube explaining what to expect on your interview day. In a video, one of the MMI interviewers mentions that she prefers if students do not take notes, but perhaps that's just her preference. I'd suggest checking out those videos, so you can prepare better for your upcoming interview. Lots of success on your interview day!!!

FWIW, the MMI scenarios were pretty basic and I don't think any of them needed note taking.

Reactions: 3 users
How far in advance do we receive the email with the link for the pre-interview welcome session?

Did everyone get a complete email after submitting their secondary?

Did everyone get a complete email after submitting their secondary?
I got two separate emails at the same time, both from [email protected]:

"Thank you for your continued interest in Wayne State University School of Medicine!

We have received your secondary application and the committee will begin the review of your materials.

You will receive an additional email once we verify that three (3) letters of recommendation or a committee letter of recommendation are received through AMCAS.

You may continue to check this status through this website."

~~~

"All steps in the secondary application process have been completed and your application will be moved to the Review Process. This process can be lengthy depending on the amount of applications being reviewed Please be patient as we continue through the application process."

EDIT: I had the order of the emails flipped. This is probably the order they were intended to get into my inbox.

Last edited:
I got two separate emails at the same time, both from [email protected]:

"All steps in the secondary application process have been completed and your application will be moved to the Review Process. This process can be lengthy depending on the amount of applications being reviewed Please be patient as we continue through the application process."

~~~

"Thank you for your continued interest in Wayne State University School of Medicine!

We have received your secondary application and the committee will begin the review of your materials.

You will receive an additional email once we verify that three (3) letters of recommendation or a committee letter of recommendation are received through AMCAS.

You may continue to check this status through this website."
Darn, I didn't! Thanks for responding!

Got this email thinking it was an II 🤨
“Can't Miss Warrior M.D. Events at Wayne State University School of Medicine”

Got this email thinking it was an II 🤨
“Can't Miss Warrior M.D. Events at Wayne State University School of Medicine”
+1, heart skipped a beat
Slightly irked but why not, I guess I'll register

Darn, I didn't! Thanks for responding!
It says on my portal that my application is ready but i didn’t get the all steps are completed email (and i submitted on 07/21/21) does this mean my app isn’t complete? i’m confused

It says on my portal that my application is ready but i didn’t get the all steps are completed email (and i submitted on 07/21/21) does this mean my app isn’t complete? i’m confused
If you go to their portal and click on "application status" and see you have all the green check marks, it's probably nothing to worry about. After all, they said "You may continue to check this status through this website." Also check around your email: if all those checks are green you might have gotten something in your junk folder or something.

If that doesn't sate you, then maybe shoot them an email with your AMCAS ID and DOB? When I was missing email confirmations from a bunch of med schools, I made sure to include both when I asked them over email.

I had my interview on 8/13 and got a rejection letter only 2 weeks later, 8/27. Unfortunately, their admissions apparently don’t offer any form of advising, which is a practice I always found distasteful but more so when this decision felt kinda quick.

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
I had my interview on 8/13 and got a rejection letter only 2 weeks later, 8/27. Unfortunately, their admissions apparently don’t offer any form of advising, which is a practice I always found distasteful but more so when this decision felt kinda quick.
That’s so quick 😭 sorry to hear that. I hope you get the A elsewhere and many more II!
Anything you thought you could improve on your interview?

Sorry to hear that. You will get more interviews. Did you get an email or letter in the mail or portal update?

Last edited:
I thought deisions usually come in October.
Acceptances. They can reject you whenever they want.

Although NYU gives the middle finger to AAMC guidelines and accepts people around early October.

That’s so quick 😭 sorry to hear that. I hope you get the A elsewhere and many more II!
Anything you thought you could improve on your interview?
Honestly felt alright during the whole time. Did some homework on campus, policies, the city for the standard “Why us” question that shows up to any interview. Read up about what MMI’s are. Pretty laid back prep work, and wasn’t off guard by much. Eye contact at camera.

MMI and student interviews went fine, I think. With faculty, I didn’t exactly click with my person, but I didn’t find anything offensive enough to warrant the skip past a projected October decision 😅.

Probably can’t reflect objectively anymore though post-R since natural salt, but also being left in the dark to just reapply. Maybe it was even my camera orientation because I had to abruptly move from my desk to my sister’s room due to sirens blaring from the main road outside. Thus, I had to orient my iPad vertically, for makeshift lighting and height adjusts, which I was the only interviewee like that and my faculty even commented on it.

Sounds like nonsensical reason, but I mean, they will neither confirm nor deny anything so 🤷‍♂️ Seems like I’m the only rejected so quickly tho, so I can only say not to worry much about my doom post; this was just meant to be, I guess.

• Care
If you don't mind me asking, did you apply ED?

If you don't mind me asking, did you apply ED?
Regular, Confirmed 7/12, II 7/29. Maybe they’re just moving fast this year, now that I look back on those dates.

Oh, OOS, Reapplicant, 515, 3.87, & had 1/5 letters not submitted before II btw, if that paints any clearer picture.

I'm in the same position. It's just weird because last year I got the emails and this year I didn't. I tried calling and emailing but haven't heard back so far.

Wayne State continuously breaking my heart with no II 🥴

Reactions: 6 users
II received!

Complete on 8/8. IS.

Last edited:
II today!!!! God is so good, this is my first interview invite of the cycle!

Complete on 8/9. OOS, 3.55cGPA, 3.42sGPA, and 511. There is hope for low stat applicants!! Good luck to you all!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users

Complete on 8/9. OOS, 3.55cGPA, 3.42sGPA, and 511. There is hope for low stat applicants!! Good luck to you all!
Congrats! Did you take any post-bacc/grad classes?

Congrats! I interviewed with Wayne last week and loved them. They seem like a school focused very much on fit/personality, which is nice to see. Interview was also very low key!

• Care

Congratulations!!!! We have like the same stats :D I wish you all the best with your interview!!