2021-2022 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else applying to JMP or PRIME, or know if they have additional application questions associated with those programs? Thanks in advance!

Has anyone else not gotten a secondary? high stats IS verified 7/1, received UCSD and UCLA but not UCSF or UCI yet

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else not gotten a secondary? high stats IS verified 7/1, received UCSD and UCLA but not UCSF or UCI yet
Yup I'm with ya, I've got UCSD, UCD, UCLA, UCI, but no UCSF. I feel like I'm collecting Pokémon cards.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Verified 6/11 OOS and no secondary from UCSF of UCLA

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Verified 6/4, OOS, high everything, received UCSD, UCD, UCLA, UCI, no UCSF. They just be waiting, taking their time, no worries.

Verified 6/15 OOS: gotten UCLA and UCSD but not UCSF or UCI
Do they notify you if you’re not going to be receiving a secondary? Feeling a bit discouraged I thought I was in range (mid MCAT with strong c/sGPA and had diverse set of experiences with 1 gap year)

Do they notify you if you’re not going to be receiving a secondary? Feeling a bit discouraged I thought I was in range (mid MCAT with strong c/sGPA and had diverse set of experiences with 1 gap year)
I'm pretty sure UCLA is just a stats screen for most people, they're just probably sending secondaries out in waves! if you have a solid application like you said then you'll definitely get secondaries from these schools

Given the amount of other people who have also not received secondaries, plus your reported stats, I really think you'll be fine. But, to answer your question, my understanding is no, if you don't receive a secondary there is generally no notification and you are never rejected because you were never given an opportunity to be complete. This is why you really need to make sure your e-mails are making it through any junk filters your provider might have, because you could very well have a secondary notification be blocked by a filter and never know it.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I finally got this secondary and I'm so relieved, I was verified 6/4.

I finally got this secondary and I'm so relieved, I was verified 6/4.
Still nothing for me...

1626393799779.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
+1 OOS MSTP! I was verified on the first day.

Hey yall I have a question when did UCSF send you an email they recieved your application. I was verified on the 13th and have not heard anything that my application was recieved lol!

Congrats to those who got secondaries, i heard its tough to get one as compared to the other UC's Schools!

Hey yall I have a question when did UCSF send you an email they recieved your application. I was verified on the 13th and have not heard anything that my application was recieved lol!
I never got anything that the application was received and I was verified back in June.

If it makes you feel any better, either UCLA wants nothing to do with me or is being super slow 🤣
Why can I make it through the three other UC screens but not the fourth one? Major bummage.

edit: Honestly not concerned about it though since it is still super early. MSTP with an IA and they aren’t looking at MCAT scores. I am sure I am in a pile somewhere, we shall see

Last edited:
Why can U make it through the three other UC screens but not the fourth one? Major bummage.

edit: Honestly not concerned about it though since it is still super early. MSTP with an IA and they aren’t looking at MCAT scores. I am sure I am in a pile somewhere, we shall see
I haven't gotten one either, IS high stats non-trad. I thinks it's too early in the cycle to lose hope! We got this!

It's really annoying that MCAT isn't looked at... makes all my CC prereqs look terrible though I scored 520+.

Wait, does UCSF send an application receive email? Never got one.

Is MCAT not considered for UCSF? I thought that was just a temporary covid thing
taken from their site:

All candidates will be screened and interview decisions will be offered without utilization of an MCAT score.

so perhaps they use it post-interview

• Hmm
  • Wow
No Im scared I got verified 2 days ago so no body got an email they have been recieved they just sent a secondary email thats all @ all those who recieved secondary. I got a response but want to make sure its a common trend we recieved that

No Im scared I got verified 2 days ago so no body got an email they have been recieved they just sent a secondary email thats all @ all those who recieved secondary. I got a response but want to make sure its a common trend we recieved that
Yeah, I didn't get an application received, just their secondary email. I only got primary received for UCSD and UCLA.

Reactions: 3 users
You think y'all are worried? I was verified 6/3 (first day?), 52x MCAT and 3.9x GPA, and I have WORKED FOR UCSF FOR 2 YEARS, and have not received a secondary. lmaoooo. does anyone know if there is an order the review primaries in, or why certain people get it first?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
You think y'all are worried? I was verified 6/3 (first day?), 52x MCAT and 3.9x GPA, and I have WORKED FOR UCSF FOR 2 YEARS, and have not received a secondary. lmaoooo. does anyone know if there is an order the review primaries in, or why certain people get it first?
I wouldn't worry. They'll be trickling out. We had the same conversation on the UCLA thread and slowly but surely more and more people got that one, this one is just shifted a little to the right. I'm still waiting as well.

I wouldn't worry. They'll be trickling out. We had the same conversation on the UCLA thread and slowly but surely more and more people got that one, this one is just shifted a little to the right. I'm still waiting as well.
But will this impact our interview chances give the rolling process? I.e. aren't they reviewing all those people who submitted secondaries a week or two ago?

But will this impact our interview chances give the rolling process? I.e. aren't they reviewing all those people who submitted secondaries a week or two ago?
Probably unlikely it will affect our chances this early, and with an already narrowed down field. They don't seem to give out interviews until mid-late August at the earliest, so everyone before that is likely considered for that first batch of interviews

Hi ya'll - accepted M1 here. Got my secondary super late (like end of Aug/early Sept). Submitted primary early. You're fine!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
No. This is just SDN neurosis going into hyper-drive. Yes, being complete in August gives you an advantage over someone who isn't complete until October. No, being complete on July 12th does not give you an advantage over someone who is not complete until July 22nd. :)

You just cannot extrapolate a rule of thumb that works in terms of months and apply it to days or weeks. It really isn't a race, and it's not first-in, first out. They are dribbling them out in order to control their work flow, not to penalize those who aren't the first to receive. Being complete in July absolutely does not confer an advantage, anywhere, over those complete in August. This is where the "complete by Labor Day is early" SDN rule comes from!!

Hey did anyone who was verified last week recieve the secondary for UCSF.

MSTP applicants: Are we only able to work in the labs of the people listed for the 6 interview choices? None of the faculty whose labs I wanted to work in are on that list...

Hey when do we usually hear back from UCSF after receiving a secondary its been a week and havent heard anythign.

Hey when do we usually hear back from UCSF after receiving a secondary its been a week and havent heard anythign.

Anywhere between a day and a year. That is how it will be for every school.

• Haha
Sorry I misworded my question I mean I got verified by Amacas on 07/13 and have not recieved a secondary while some people have. So whats the time frame from being verified to receiving a secondary app.

Sorry I misworded my question I mean I got verified by Amacas on 07/13 and have not recieved a secondary while some people have. So whats the time frame from being verified to receiving a secondary app.
Pretty much the same answer, could be tomorrow could be never

That depends on how they review you. Anywhere from a week to a few months.