2021-2022 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Quick question for the SJT exam! I'm going to take it Tuesday (pretty late I know), but I heard they don't use it to weigh until after the interview (crossing fingers I will receive an II). For those that have taken it, how did you prepare for it? How is it compared to CASPER?

Quick question for the SJT exam! I'm going to take it Tuesday (pretty late I know), but I heard they don't use it to weigh until after the interview (crossing fingers I will receive an II). For those that have taken it, how did you prepare for it? How is it compared to CASPER?

I just used the practice exam released by the AAMC! I ended up scoring decently on it so I guess it worked out

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 9/27 and waitlisted as well :/
There’s still a good chance you’ll get in. I hear they pull a lot from waitlists. Stats? Was the email today Monday Oct 25? Also, curious if they told you whereabouts in general you are on the waitlist. Keep the faith. Hang in there. Thanks.

Yes, I got the email on Monday 10/25! They don't tell you where you are on the waitlist. I don't think there is a ranking system? Not really sure. My stats are about the same as their median. Also IS, but I have no ties.

@CG2150

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. Good luck. I do hear that they dip significantly into their wait list. So hang in there.

Just got the call! IS ORM LM 74.6.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Is anyone else an MSTP applicant to this school? If so, have you heard anything back? ;__;

Is anyone else an MSTP applicant to this school? If so, have you heard anything back? ;__;
Nothing as well. Seems like UCD is pretty slow, in for a long ride.

• Care
Is anyone familiar with the REACH or TEACH-MS process? I know you have to be accepted to the regular MD program first. Are you able to withdraw from having your app considered for these programs if you change your mind? If you end up getting accepted to one of the programs, do you have a choice between that and the regular MD?

Is anyone familiar with the REACH or TEACH-MS process? I know you have to be accepted to the regular MD program first. Are you able to withdraw from having your app considered for these programs if you change your mind? If you end up getting accepted to one of the programs, do you have a choice between that and the regular MD?
My sense is that I don’t think it’s binding but at the same time if you really are no longer interested, honesty is always best because if your application does not support your interests in the program it could end up going against you I feel once you’re evaluated.

Also waitlisted 🥲 (interviewed 10/8)

• Care
Received the call today -- ACCEPTED!!!! I feel like I'm dreaming.,

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I got the call I cannot believe this, my top choice 😭😭😭😭😭

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Congrats to those with A's!! When did you guys interview?

Received a call early yesterday (Monday, 1 Nov) at 10:45am -- Accepted! All the best to those waiting - and don't give up. (This was my second cycle applying -- after not succeeding last year :). So don't give up!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Received a call early yesterday (Monday, 1 Nov) at 10:45am -- Accepted! All the best to those waiting - and don't give up. (This was my second cycle applying -- after not succeeding last year :). So don't give up!!!!
Congratulations of A!! Could you share if you are ORM or URM? Does your App fits well with school mission? Thanks a lot for sharing!!

Just got an II, IS,, went to UC Davis for undergrad.

Congratulations of A!! Could you share if you are ORM or URM? Does your App fits well with school mission? Thanks a lot for sharing!!
First Gen student and yes - it was my first choice given a very strong mission fit (at least as far as I felt going in... and the school seemed to agree :)

Any 10/15 interviewees here? I'm hoping we hear back soon. It'll be 3 weeks tomorrow

Complete 7/15 but no news yet. Just reminding the in-silence-squad to keep hopes up and manifesting the II!

Reactions: 13 users
Complete 7/15 but no news yet. Just reminding the in-silence-squad to keep hopes up and manifesting the II!
Just chiming in with an n=1 pep talk (though I know several other n=1 cases, so... n > 1?). MS1 at UCD who was complete in mid-July but didn't get an II until late November, and didn't get my A until early April. Don't give up yet – the cycle is far from over.

Reactions: 7 users
I'm beginning to think that I might have messed up on the secondary. How bad does it look to have no evidence of accomplishment listed for the 3 most meaningful? I feel like this is what's holding me back cuz I haven't heard anything back :/

I'm beginning to think that I might have messed up on the secondary. How bad does it look to have no evidence of accomplishment listed for the 3 most meaningful? I feel like this is what's holding me back cuz I haven't heard anything back :/
Its probably not your fault that you have not heard back. We CA residents have a 1 in 10 chance of getting an II from most of the UC medical schools. It is just a really impossible statistical odds that we are faced with...especially as an ORM. Good luck...I feel the same :(

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Its probably not your fault that you have not heard back. We CA residents have a 1 in 10 chance of getting an II from most of the UC medical schools. It is just a really impossible statistical odds that we are faced with...especially as an ORM. Good luck...I feel the same :(

I really hate being a CA applicant. I wish our state schools actually cared about us IS applicants like some other states do. :(

• Angry
Reactions: 9 users
Just got the A call!! ahhhhhhhHHH!!!!!

(interviewed 10/15)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
So they've had time to review primaries, secondaries, and interview evals for applicants, but can't let some of us know if we'll even get a secondary? Been treating this as an R, but would be nice to hear something.

(No shade to those who have been accepted, congratulations, seriously)

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted, and good luck to everyone who has upcoming interviews! I am a student here, feel free to PM me with any questions.