2021-2022 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Howdy! 2 questions:

1. Does UC Davis consider the Bay Area as "NorCal" or are they specifically referring to Sacramento and the area north of the capital?
2. I got the secondary just a few days ago (IS), am I too late?
1. bay area is definitely NorCal 2. they screen so, no

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone with an II, did you guys apply for the REACH program? I'm not sure how interviews/II's work with this

I saw in previous comment that you stated you were complete in mid July, would you mind my asking where you got this info from? I was complete in mid August.
oh woops ur totally right I was complete in July my bad 😂 idk why I thought it was Aug sorry

For anyone with an II, did you guys apply for the REACH program? I'm not sure how interviews/II's work with this
The first step is getting admitted to UC Davis. Only with an acceptance is your application forwarded to the people in charge of the track programs and they will then select people to interview for the specific track program. Hope this helps. Edit: I should add it is possible to be interviewed for these tracks while on the waitlist, I believe that happened in the last cycle.

Last edited:
The first step is getting admitted to UC Davis. Only with an acceptance is your application forwarded to the people in charge of the track programs and they will then select people to interview for the specific track program. Hope this helps.
Thanks so much!

Just received an II early this morning (9/8) at 07:55.

(Initial application released 6/27; Secondary request received 7/6; Secondary submitted 7/13)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am a late applicant and OOS. Verified 08/12. & I feel like I have no chance in getting into UC Davis bc I’m so late to the game. 😞
Don't despair. It's a rolling admission and they are still reading applications, so it's definitely not "too late." Good luck

yall, my mcat was a 500..... so if I got a secondary your mcat is higher, do not worry
This is one school where they really look at the entire person: grades, experience, extracurricular, mcat, etc. Nothing is off the table. Everything about the person is important.

Reactions: 1 user
This is the only school I didn't get a secondary from and I'm IS. Even UCSD sent me one, what gives, man

To everyone who got an II -- did you take the SJT? Did any of you not? I missed the August 30th deadline to register for the very last AAMC SJT of the whole cycle and I am extremely worried about it as I really want to go to UC Davis. I've been so busy with work and a recent loss in my family that I completely blanked and dropped the ball. Thank you so much in advance! 💛

To everyone who got an II -- did you take the SJT? Did any of you not? I missed the August 30th deadline to register for the very last AAMC SJT of the whole cycle and I am extremely worried about it as I really want to go to UC Davis. I've been so busy with work and a recent loss in my family that I completely blanked and dropped the ball. Thank you so much in advance! 💛
Hey, I’m in the same boat but it looks like Window 6 has test dates on Oct 26 & 27. Registration opens Sep 21. That’ll still work, right?

• Love
I did not take the SJT and got an II.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Okay, if I don't have a secondary from them at this point, can I safely say now that I got an R? sent the primary in May.

Okay, if I don't have a secondary from them at this point, can I safely say now that I got an R? sent the primary in May.
No. It’s not a rejection until you get a letter. So just hang in there.

Hey, I’m in the same boat but it looks like Window 6 has test dates on Oct 26 & 27. Registration opens Sep 21. That’ll still work, right?
You should be fine; the Admissions Director shared in a presentation earlier this spring that UCDavis will be using the results after one has been interviewed - and that good results can help enhance one's application. (Impliedly, poor results would not give one an extra "boost," so one would have to be very, very strong to overcome a poor result... which certainly could happen.)

The upshot is that the results would simply need to be lodged before one has an interview - and good results can help, so it's worth one's while to take it :)

Just got a secondary yesterday.

Have many ORM SoCal residents with no ties to NorCal had much luck?

Last edited:
Just got a secondary yesterday.

Have many ORM SoCal residents with no ties to NorCal had much luck?
it’s just an anecdote but my friend (ORM) who has never been to NorCal in her life (stayed in SoCal) just got a II from UCD :)

Does this school even send out pre-secondary rejections to all applicants they'd like to reject?
If you don’t get an II you will get a rejection letter. And if you get II then you either get a rejection, acceptance or waitlist letter.

If you don’t get an II you will get a rejection letter. And if you get II then you either get a rejection, acceptance or waitlist letter.
But I need to wait until March-ish to get my rejection letter, right?

yes, had my interview on 9/10! a relatively pain free process!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
It’s MMI, I forget how many stations there were tho. Each station had a unique interviewer
Did they just read the scenarios and asked your thoughts? Or did they actually use actors to portray the scenes? Thanks.

Did they just read the scenarios and asked your thoughts? Or did they actually use actors to portray the scenes? Thanks.

I’m not at discretion to answer that as I signed an NDA. However the orientation session that is integrated into interview day is incredibly helpful at explaining the ins and outs!

I’m not at discretion to answer that as I signed an NDA. However the orientation session that is integrated into interview day is incredibly helpful at explaining the ins and outs!
thank you