2021-2022 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haven't gotten a secondary yet, applied 8/30 with a 3.2/3.5 + 510 mcat IS. Anyone else still waiting?
I am. I was verified July 5th.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes I am still waiting. IS, 509, sgpa 3.69, cgpa 3.77. verified 6/22.

Members don't see this ad :)
got the email im complete 1 hour after submitting the secondary today

Reactions: 1 user
I was verified on 7/22 and I'm still waiting on a secondary. 3.03 sGPA 3.13 cGPA 4.0 post bacc and 505 mcat, OOS

I verified on 6/6, received secondary on 8/9, and submitted today, 8/21. IS, 3.8sGPA 3.7cGPA 518 MCAT

Anyone else waiting for a secondary? I was verified 7/5

Still waiting for a secondary as well. Was verified in late June

@tucomadcom
Are you/Were you a student at TUCOM? I wanted to ask if you could give us any insights to your favorite/least favorite thing about the school? And if you were to change something what would it be?

What do you describe the learning environment be?

What is the campus like? I heard it is on an old Naval base so some of the buildings are on the older side? Are there facilities on campus for student health (like a gym and a place to relax etc) or is it more barebones?

Any insight or if you know where I could connect with a current student would be greatly appreciated! I tried to sign up to visit during one of the OMM sessions but it seems like everything has been closed due to COVID.

@tucomadcom
Are you/Were you a student at TUCOM? I wanted to ask if you could give us any insights to your favorite/least favorite thing about the school? And if you were to change something what would it be?
Favorite: We foster a collaborative and teamwork-based environment, so there is no sense of toxic competition. Also, the student voice is taken very seriously and there is student involvement at all levels of administration from curriculum development to admissions. And honestly, the people. The students and faculty here are what make this school special. Everyone genuinely cares about each other and professors are here to actually teach and be there for you, even for events that occur outside of academics.
Least: Our website isn't the best, but it is currently being revamped and a new website will be coming out in a couple months.

What do you describe the learning environment be?
There are Team Based Learning groups which divide the class up into groups of 6-8 students. These groups are your teammates that work with you anatomy lab, on quizzes, and on exams. Exams are scored such that your grade is partly individual (you take the exam alone) and partly team based (you take the same exam with your team). Therefore, it benefits you to make sure your teammates know the material as well. This eliminates competition and fosters the collaborative and teamwork-based learning environment mentioned above. On top of that, the curriculum is P/F. If you like working in groups and bouncing ideas off other classmates and working as a team to solve cases, you will like the learning environment here.
What is the campus like? I heard it is on an old Naval base so some of the buildings are on the older side? Are there facilities on campus for student health (like a gym and a place to relax etc) or is it more barebones?
Don't judge a book by its cover. Yes we are located on an old naval base, but it's actually quite beautiful as it overlooks the marina and the rest of Vallejo. On one side, you can see the hills and the rest of town. On the other, you can see the bay and the sunsets are absolutely spectacular.
We actually have a new gym that was recently built and renovated, though currently, due to COVID is not open. And we received a multi-million dollar grant to renovate an old building to allow for more labs/study spaces/offices etc. It's more than bare bones.
Any insight or if you know where I could connect with a current student would be greatly appreciated! I tried to sign up to visit during one of the OMM sessions but it seems like everything has been closed due to COVID.
Touro Talks happen every Wednesday at 12:00PST via Zoom - you can interact with current students, admissions counselors, and members of the admissions committee.

Favorite: We foster a collaborative and teamwork-based environment, so there is no sense of toxic competition. Also, the student voice is taken very seriously and there is student involvement at all levels of administration from curriculum development to admissions. And honestly, the people. The students and faculty here are what make this school special. Everyone genuinely cares about each other and professors are here to actually teach and be there for you, even for events that occur outside of academics.
Least: Our website isn't the best, but it is currently being revamped and a new website will be coming out in a couple months.

There are Team Based Learning groups which divide the class up into groups of 6-8 students. These groups are your teammates that work with you anatomy lab, on quizzes, and on exams. Exams are scored such that your grade is partly individual (you take the exam alone) and partly team based (you take the same exam with your team). Therefore, it benefits you to make sure your teammates know the material as well. This eliminates competition and fosters the collaborative and teamwork-based learning environment mentioned above. On top of that, the curriculum is P/F. If you like working in groups and bouncing ideas off other classmates and working as a team to solve cases, you will like the learning environment here.

Don't judge a book by its cover. Yes we are located on an old naval base, but it's actually quite beautiful as it overlooks the marina and the rest of Vallejo. On one side, you can see the hills and the rest of town. On the other, you can see the bay and the sunsets are absolutely spectacular.
We actually have a new gym that was recently built and renovated, though currently, due to COVID is not open. And we received a multi-million dollar grant to renovate an old building to allow for more labs/study spaces/offices etc. It's more than bare bones.

Touro Talks happen every Wednesday at 12:00PST via Zoom - you can interact with current students, admissions counselors, and members of the admissions committee.
Thank you so much for the information. I did not mean to offend when I said barebones (poor choice of words), I just couldnt find as much information as I would like on the website. Again, I do appreciate your time for replying to me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting for a secondary as well. Was verified in late June
I emailed them asking if there was anything else I needed to send to them/if there were any updates and literally the next day they sent me a secondary. If anything, I'd recommend yall to just email them if you haven't received a secondary

Hey guys - I have a question. So I got a secondary from TouroCOM-NY, but never got a formal secondary invite from TUCOM CA. But, on the Touro application website where I accessed the secondary for TouroCOM-NY, I was able to access the secondary form for TUCOM CA... Can I go ahead and submit this, or no because I didn't actually get a secondary from the Vallejo location?

Hey guys - I have a question. So I got a secondary from TouroCOM-NY, but never got a formal secondary invite from TUCOM CA. But, on the Touro application website where I accessed the secondary for TouroCOM-NY, I was able to access the secondary form for TUCOM CA... Can I go ahead and submit this, or no because I didn't actually get a secondary from the Vallejo location?
Not sure, maybe email admissions? Where on the application website did you see the secondary for CA? I submitted a secondary for NV but I do not see access to a secondary for CA.

Not sure, maybe email admissions? Where on the application website did you see the secondary for CA? I submitted a secondary for NV but I do not see access to a secondary for CA.
Yeah, I sent an email. In the drop down where you choose the program you're applying to, you can just choose the TUCOM CA program and I was able to download the secondary document. Not sure if this was a mistake but I wrote the essays regardless and now I'm just not sure whether I'm allowed to submit it or not

I'm still waiting for a secondary for CA, already submitted for NV on 8/23. Any advice on whether or not i should email admissions? I don't want my application to be viewed negatively as I know they are busy.

Hey did you get a response? Because same thing happened to me
I emailed them and they fixed it on their end. The admissions team was able to fix it within a day.

Also could you delete your quote of my response due to possibly identifying info! thanks

I'm still waiting for a secondary for CA, already submitted for NV on 8/23. Any advice on whether or not i should email admissions? I don't want my application to be viewed negatively as I know they are busy.
Email us please.

Hey did you get a response? Because same thing happened to me
Science LORs should have a letter/number grade associated with it. It cannot be a lab or research course, taken for credit. If you have any other questions, feel free to DM me.

I believe all 3 Touros use the same website. Please do not fill out Touro CA's supplement unless you have received an email from Admissions.

I emailed them and they fixed it on their end. The admissions team was able to fix it within a day.

Also could you delete your quote of my response due to possibly identifying info! thanks
Can you tell me their email address? Because i emailed them but didn’t get a response. Also i deleted it

I emailed them asking if there was anything else I needed to send to them/if there were any updates and literally the next day they sent me a secondary. If anything, I'd recommend yall to just email them if you haven't received a secondary
Do you think I should email them if I was verified on 7/31? I just don't want to bother them as I know they are going through a lot of application and don't need my email to remind them lol

Do you think I should email them if I was verified on 7/31? I just don't want to bother them as I know they are going through a lot of application and don't need my email to remind them lol
I emailed them yesterday. Haven’t heard back yet but I’ll let you know.

My letters have been submitted through AACOM. Do I need to do this section too?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 1.50.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 1.50.59 PM.png
    219.3 KB · Views: 91
Y'all who received secondaries--how long did it take from your verified date? Wondering if I should email admissions now or wait a bit. I've received secondaries for all other MD and DO schools I applied to.

Y'all who received secondaries--how long did it take from your verified date? Wondering if I should email admissions now or wait a bit. I've received secondaries for all other MD and DO schools I applied to.
I was verified 7/5 and have not received a secondary. I emailed admission and they said due to an unexpected staff shortage and higher than usual number of applicants, the application processing is longer than normal.

I was verified 7/5 and have not received a secondary. I emailed admission and they said due to an unexpected staff shortage and higher than usual number of applicants, the application processing is longer than normal.
I was verified in mid June and got a secondary end of August.

Has anyone that was verified later in August received a secondary yet? I'm still waiting on the secondary but it seems the turnaround is pretty slow so I don't wanna email them unless this cohort of people have started hearing back.

EDIT: Also has anyone heard back since submitting secondaries? Seems more quiet than other threads.

Last edited:
Has anyone that was verified later in August received a secondary yet? I'm still waiting on the secondary but it seems the turnaround is pretty slow so I don't wanna email them unless this cohort of people have started hearing back.

EDIT: Also has anyone heard back since submitting secondaries? Seems more quiet than other threads.
We are all on the same boat:)

Still haven't received a secondary. Verified July 9 :( Just gonna sit tight and wait

Just received a notification from Touro that my primary was processed. I was verified 7/5, so hang in there everyone who hasn't received a secondary!

Anyone still waiting on their app to be processed :/

I'm still waiting on a secondary ://
same... I got the Touro Nevada secondary as soon as my application was submitted, but I've heard nothing from Touro California.... Kinda wondering if I should email them?

same... I got the Touro Nevada secondary as soon as my application was submitted, but I've heard nothing from Touro California.... Kinda wondering if I should email them?
I was verified 7/5 and just received a secondary last week, so they are still sending them out.