2021-2022 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys has anyone with a 1st quartile casper been accepted? also what is the subject line of the acceptance email (just so i know what to be looking out for lol)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the general turnaround time to receive a decision post- interview? Interviewed 2/18 wondering if I should start getting anxious soon 😬

Does anyone know the general turnaround time to receive a decision post- interview? Interviewed 2/18 wondering if I should start getting anxious soon 😬
It took me almost 8 weeks and I interviewed in September. I'm sure they're even more backed up now😅 the wait is awful :( I hope it works out. Sending you strength!

Interviewed 1/27 and still waiting for a decision

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 1/13 and still waiting on a decision :/

Placed on the WL on Wednesday (interviewed on 02/22). Does anyone know if there's a HPWL?

Are you all able to access SOLAR yet or does it take a bit of time after acceptance?

Anyone interviewed in January but still haven't heard back? Wondering if I should email and ask

Anyone interviewed in January but still haven't heard back? Wondering if I should email and ask
I interviewed in late January but nothing here yet either

Reactions: 1 user
Currently on the WL, but I can't seem to remember Stony Brook's policy on sending letters of update/interest/intent. I remember they mentioned the policy during the pre-II info session; however, I can't seem to remember if they were open to receiving an LOI. Any help would be much appreciated.

Currently on the WL, but I can't seem to remember Stony Brook's policy on sending letters of update/interest/intent. I remember they mentioned the policy during the pre-II info session; however, I can't seem to remember if they were open to receiving an LOI. Any help would be much appreciated.

You can send updates and LOIs. When I called in November they said they like to see them. I send one :)

would someone be able to post the admitted students groupme link? :)

I interviewed 1/24, but still have not heard back yet. Anyone else still waiting for january interview updates?

Received a need-based grant today

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Does Stony Brook have a historical waitlist motion period? I assume at earliest May, but I'm waiting with bated breath...

For those who interviewed in January, did they tell you when to expect a decision? I interviewed in March and was told I'd be hearing back around mid to late April.

For those who interviewed in January, did they tell you when to expect a decision? I interviewed in March and was told I'd be hearing back around mid to late April.
They told us to expect a decision in 8 weeks..

• Hmm
has anybody who interviewed in january reached out to admissions about when we can expect a decision? they did say 8 weeks and it's been 11.5 weeks now for me... can this be understood as a soft WL/rejection?

has anybody who interviewed in january reached out to admissions about when we can expect a decision? they did say 8 weeks and it's been 11.5 weeks now for me... can this be understood as a soft WL/rejection?
I interviewed mid-february and still haven't heard back. I just emailed them for an expected timeline since we need to make decisions soon

Reactions: 2 users