2021-2022 Saint Louis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those that interviewed recently, did they say when decisions would be made? I can't remember exactly what they told us. It might've been something like 6-8 weeks?
I interviewed 10/11 and all they said was that we'd hear back after 10/15. My friend who got in last cycle said it was almost exactly 3 weeks after her interview though!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those that interviewed recently, did they say when decisions would be made? I can't remember exactly what they told us. It might've been something like 6-8 weeks?

Historically it is right around the 4 week mark that we hear back. Some people wait as much as 5 but that seems to be with November and December interviews with holiday breaks prolonging the decisions. I interviewed 9/27 and see most (if not all) applicants from 9/21 and prior heard back October 15th. I anticipate the next round of decisions to go out October 29th, maybe even this Friday but that’s wishful thinking with the latter. This is all my opinion after neurotically scouring like the past 4-5 years worth of SDN threads from this school.

Reactions: 2 users
My interviewer told me about 3 weeks! I'm really hoping thats the case
I interviewed 10/11 and all they said was that we'd hear back after 10/15. My friend who got in last cycle said it was almost exactly 3 weeks after her interview though!
Historically it is right around the 4 week mark that we hear back. Some people wait as much as 5 but that seems to be with November and December interviews with holiday breaks prolonging the decisions. I interviewed 9/27 and see most (if not all) applicants from 9/21 and prior heard back October 15th. I anticipate the next round of decisions to go out October 29th, maybe even this Friday but that’s wishful thinking with the latter. This is all my opinion after neurotically scouring like the past 4-5 years worth of SDN threads from this school.
Thanks y'all! I also interviewed Oct. 11 and I do now recall they said decisions would be made after Oct. 15 without any specific timeline given. I'm hoping it'll be a quick turnaround

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else besides me interviewing on Tuesday!? Starting to get excited and nervoussss. Also I still have not submitted the update form they have been asking for. Is this going to be a red flag on my app? Ive been trying to gather information before submitting it but I plan on doing it this afternoon.

Anyone else besides me interviewing on Tuesday!? Starting to get excited and nervoussss. Also I still have not submitted the update form they have been asking for. Is this going to be a red flag on my app? Ive been trying to gather information before submitting it but I plan on doing it this afternoon.
I submitted like a day before, so don't worry. And my interviewer didn't even mention it.
Also, really nice school, super chill interview day. They really impressed me with how thoroughly the interviewer knew my app. It felt more like she was trying to sell me on St. Louis than me trying to convince her I was a good fit.
Feel free to laugh, joke, and be yourself. They were so nice.

Pre-II R - best of luck to everyone!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I got my decision from them on 10/15 and I interviewed 9/14, so I'd guess you should be hearing back in a month or less

completed 7/9 and nothing yet. anybody else? I feel like at this point it's a silent R

Reactions: 2 users
Just had my interview here today. Did ya'll submit thank you notes through the document upload link on the secondary application portal ?

Members don't see this ad :)
You had yours yesterday as well? I hope it went well for you! I absolutely loved the school.
I interviewed last month and am hoping for news soon. But thank you so much! I hope it went well for you too!

You had yours yesterday as well? I hope it went well for you! I absolutely loved the school.
I believe he interviewed late September when I did. But I sent my thank you note to the document uploads as well! Speaking of though, we better hear something this week for late September dates. My anxiety is becoming crippling and frustrating haha.

I interviewed last month and am hoping for news soon. But thank you so much! I hope it went well for you too!
What day was your interview? Mine was the 28th. They said hopefully 3 weeks, and we are over 4 now 😬 I almost wish I didn’t know the timeline so I’d expect April

What day was your interview? Mine was the 28th. They said hopefully 3 weeks, and we are over 4 now 😬 I almost wish I didn’t know the timeline so I’d expect April
I interviewed the 27th.

I believe he interviewed late September when I did. But I sent my thank you note to the document uploads as well! Speaking of though, we better hear something this week for late September dates. My anxiety is becoming crippling and frustrating haha.
I've been checking their portal like a psycho

• Haha
How did the interview go?
Honestly I am a little conflicted because on one end I really felt like my interviewer was trying to rush through the interview because he was in the clinic and maybe he had stuff to do, on the other end, I asked him straight up at the end of the interview if he thinks i have a chance and he said: "on my end your report will be an A" or something along those lines. It didnt go horribly thats for sure, but Im not sure if it went as well as I wanted it to.

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly I am a little conflicted because on one end I really felt like my interviewer was trying to rush through the interview because he was in the clinic and maybe he had stuff to do, on the other end, I asked him straight up at the end of the interview if he thinks i have a chance and he said: "on my end your report will be an A" or something along those lines. It didnt go horribly thats for sure, but Im not sure if it went as well as I wanted it to.
I’m sure it went great man. Everyone feels conflicted afterward internally. It’s the life of an applicant with so much uncertainty and decisions out of our control. To be honest, my interview was a little over an hour and most of it was us chatting about life so, I feel like it went great but then you go read about people feeling like it went amazing and then getting the W/R real quick lol.

It probably is never as bad as we fear it is. You got this future doc!

I appreciate you guys, we all got this!!!!!! Were gonna be doctors just gotta be patient.

I was on the alternate list last cycle and still did not hear back from SLU for this application cycle. Should I be worried? I completed my application July 9.

I was on the alternate list last cycle and still did not hear back from SLU for this application cycle. Should I be worried? I completed my application July 9.
Interview season lasts until late February and early March my friend. Never too late. SLU is, however, notorious for waitlisting people with later interviews such as in January/February based on past threads.

current student here - if any accepted students are looking for information about the school, feel free to shoot me your email or something.

No movement + SDN notifications of activity on this thread = super stressful 🤣
YEPPPP. Hearing back from them with an acceptance let’s my fiancée and I stay together so I’m hoping I at least have the option to stick around if I get acceptance.

• Care
YEPPPP. Hearing back from them with an acceptance let’s my fiancée and I stay together so I’m hoping I at least have the option to stick around if I get acceptance.
Dang, thats high stakes! Hoping for good news for you today.

I’m in the exact same situation. The dream to stay here with my fiancée as well. It’s crippling me waiting for this decision haha.

I’m in the exact same situation. The dream to stay here with my fiancée as well. It’s crippling me waiting for this decision haha.
Same. There’s a school I’m OOS for now that I’m in love with since I grew up there, but at the very least SLU keeps me local.

Genuinely can’t believe decisions didn’t go out today. Taking much longer than usual. The frustration is real.
I’m in shock at this point. They got people out in 3 weeks before the 15th.

For the pre-interview update thing, is the 300 character limit including spaces?

For the pre-interview update thing, is the 300 character limit including spaces?
I didn't count spaces in that personally. I wouldn't worry too much about it tbh, one of my responses was also slightly over 300 characters. I think it's more just a rough guideline.

Still no news unfortunately

II Received!!!! Today. Complete 9/7

Reactions: 4 users
Does this mean that everyone who applied in July/August and received silence are screwed?
Not at all. The general consensus is that applications are NOT reviewed in chronological order, but stratified and reviewed based on what they are looking for.

No decisions I’ve heard of! I’ve honestly forgotten at this point. When it comes it comes. Interviewed 9/27
Interviewed the same day. At this point I'm thinking maybe they'll do monthly releases?