2021-2022 Saint Louis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Go in with that attitude and it'll be a guaranteed R. Just chill. Congrats on the interview. Now get out of your own head and go kick some butt!
Fair point, thank you for your response!

Members don't see this ad.

Seconding what the person above wrote. I'm kinda in a similar boat but I think focusing on what makes you stand out as an applicant and what you uniquely bring to the school is a much better way to think about this process and better mindset to have.
Very good point, thank you for your response!

Hey my stats are also super low for this school. But this school was by far my favorite interview. Just an amazing experience and they really took the time to know me and my app thoroughly. Keep your chin up. Know that they saw something beyond numbers that made them want to know you, and put your best foot forward!
Thank you so much, very uplifting response! I wish you the best of luck in this cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello yall, so I am incredibly grateful to have gotten an interview at this school, but I am not going to lie, I feel like it was a fluke. My stats are basically in the bottom percentile of all matriculants and I feel like even if I do good on the interview, Im just going to get rejected. Does anyone know if they look at all applicants the same after an interview?
Interviews cost time and money for the school, so it wasn't a fluke. They are genuinely interested in you. This is coming from someone without an II from SLU and above median stats. They want to learn more about you and are genuinely interested in you as a future medical student.

Address this imposter syndrome in yourself and take the II as the shot of confidence that you need. Best wishes to your interview!

Reactions: 3 users
That is very very kind of you. I really appreciate your encouraging words, it means the world to me.
Interviews cost time and money for the school, so it wasn't a fluke. They are genuinely interested in you. This is coming from someone without an II from SLU and above median stats. They want to learn more about you and are genuinely interested in you as a future medical student.

Address this imposter syndrome in yourself and take the II as the shot of confidence that you need. Best wishes to your interview!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the II, complete 6/25 so there’s hope for my early ppl 😍

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just got my II! Super excited, I’ve heard quite a bit from schools (good and bad) this week! Complete 07/14

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an II! LM ~73.5 (IS), complete early August. Very Excited!!

+1 II, completed in August, applied because of mission fit, very excited! Good luck for everyone else!

Just got the II! Complete in mid-august, OOS, LM 70, WARS 85.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A....... Can't believe it!!! Interviewed 8/29!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just received A! Interviewed on 9/14!

• Love
Congratulations you guys!! Soo amazing!! When did you interview? Are they rolling out decisions today or did they all come out around 7am?
9/14 and i got the email around 10 EST

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Also received the A today!!! Interviewed 9/13 In State ORM. Love SLU and roll bills forever!

• Love
So if we interviewed in late September and haven’t received anything yet how should we interpret that?

So if we interviewed in late September and haven’t received anything yet how should we interpret that?
Entirely possible they’ve not come to a decision yet. I interviewed late too

Hearing that makes me feel a lot better. Now I can quit going for the world record for email refreshes lol

Hearing that makes me feel a lot better. Now I can quit going for the world record for email refreshes lol
We’ve probably been competing for this record all morning. Hoping next round of decisions goes out next week.

Hi guys,
In my acceptance letter, they said something about responding with a letter of intent to register for classes in the fall within two weeks. I was under the assumption that decisions didn't have to be made until April? Is this just optional? Their wording was "we would greatly appreciate it if you could respond with your intent to register within two weeks"

Hi guys,
In my acceptance letter, they said something about responding with a letter of intent to register for classes in the fall within two weeks. I was under the assumption that decisions didn't have to be made until April? Is this just optional? Their wording was "we would greatly appreciate it if you could respond with your intent to register within two weeks"
I don’t think it’s binding. I think it’s just to accept the offer of admission for now to save a seat.

obviously super early, but does anyone know if they're gonna be having a second look sometime in the spring?

Just got my acceptance on 10/15! Super grateful to have one that early from a school I got such a great impression from. In case there are any current SLU students, I've got a few questions.

SLU talked a lot about it being P/F with no internal student rankings - is that true? I know some schools say they're P/F without rankings but find other ways to rank students (I know M3 and M4 are ranked - I'm talking more about M1 and M2). I'm also interested right now in dermatology, which I know is a very competitive specialty, so I'm interested to hear if SLU has a good match rate with competitive specialties/programs or if SLU in general offers the resources students need to match into competitive specialties. I'm definitely not concerned about getting into the most prestigious derm program in the country or anything like that - just a place I could see myself being happy at.

Lastly, overall, how would you say you enjoy the school? How's the administration? PM me if you're more comfortable talking that way.

Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got my acceptance on 10/15! Super grateful to have one that early from a school I got such a great impression from. In case there are any current SLU students, I've got a few questions.

SLU talked a lot about it being P/F with no internal student rankings - is that true? I know some schools say they're P/F without rankings but find other ways to rank students (I know M3 and M4 are ranked - I'm talking more about M1 and M2). I'm also interested right now in dermatology, which I know is a very competitive specialty, so I'm interested to hear if SLU has a good match rate with competitive specialties/programs or if SLU in general offers the resources students need to match into competitive specialties. I'm definitely not concerned about getting into the most prestigious derm program in the country or anything like that - just a place I could see myself being happy at.

Lastly, overall, how would you say you enjoy the school? How's the administration? PM me if you're more comfortable talking that way.

Thanks!
+1 I’d also love to get in touch with a current SLU student! It’s my #1 right now and I’m planning my life out lol

Anyone have an estimate on when they think next rounds of decisions could go out for late September interviewees? I was unclear based on past threads if it’s possible to hear something on Mondays/Tuesdays or if it’s limited to Fridays really!

Hi, for those who interviewed, when did you submit the pre-interview update? Should I wait until the week before my interview or submitted it as soon as possible?

Hi, for those who interviewed, when did you submit the pre-interview update? Should I wait until the week before my interview or submitted it as soon as possible?
I didn't even see the part about the pre-interview update in the email they sent me until like 3 or 4 days before my interview, so I just did it then. I don't think it matters much though honestly.

Just had my interview and I remember them saying to submit thank you letters through the portal but I was wondering if anyone also did this for their student interviewers or just emailed those directly?

Just had my interview and I remember them saying to submit thank you letters through the portal but I was wondering if anyone also did this for their student interviewers or just emailed those directly?
I'm just one example so take this as you will, but I only wrote a thank you letter for the faculty interviewer, and I got accepted the other day. I didn't write one for the student interviewer because I was under the impression it was an experimental thing that didn't have any bearing on the final decision - just something they were trying

I'm just one example so take this as you will, but I only wrote a thank you letter for the faculty interviewer, and I got accepted the other day. I didn't write one for the student interviewer because I was under the impression it was an experimental thing that didn't have any bearing on the final decision - just something they were trying
+1 I was also accepted last week and I only addressed my letter to my faculty interviewer with a brief sentence to the admissions committee in general. I wouldn’t have even known what to say to my student interviewer because it wasn’t a 1 on 1 conversation and I didn’t get to know them well.

Accepted 10/15! If anyone wants to chat let me know.

Literally the night before lmao. Would recommend at least ~2/3 days before though. My interviewer still saw it before my interview and didn't say anything about it being late.

Posting false information to troll our members is not acceptable behavior.
Tensions run high and this does not help.
I don’t think the person who got accepted without an interview is trolling. This appears to happen every year - good candidates who apply in one year are waitlisted and end up without any acceptance, reapply, SLU uses their interview from the previous year and decides they want to accept them

Reactions: 3 users
For those that interviewed recently, did they say when decisions would be made? I can't remember exactly what they told us. It might've been something like 6-8 weeks?

For those that interviewed recently, did they say when decisions would be made? I can't remember exactly what they told us. It might've been something like 6-8 weeks?
My interviewer told me about 3 weeks! I'm really hoping thats the case