2021-2022 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What?! That's crazy... did they at least call or send an acceptance email?
No dude like I’ve been complete since September no II lol

Members don't see this ad.

i dont even see alt list on amcas so i wonder if everyone can see this thing on there

Members don't see this ad :)
i dont even see alt list on amcas so i wonder if everyone can see this thing on there
It might not update for everyone! I'm wishing you the best! I didn't see OSU listed on there until 9:35 AM ET.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
It might not update for everyone! I'm wishing you the best! I didn't see OSU listed on there until 9:35 AM ET.
Congrats! When did you interview? I’m guessing since mine didn’t update I got deferred :( I wonder what the chances of being accepted after deferment are?

Congrats! When did you interview? I’m guessing since mine didn’t update I got deferred :( I wonder what the chances of being accepted after deferment are?
I was deferred initially after my interview and that status changed to accepted on AMCAS around 9:30 am EST today

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I was deferred initially after my interview and that status changed to accepted on AMCAS around 9:30 am EST today
Congrats on the acceptance! When did you interview? I interviewed on Feb 14th and I’ve heard that OSU loves deferring people and then accepting them later

I interviewed on 2/21. Hope you get accepted! I'm not sure what the stats are, but I'm sure someone can tell you what the chances are.

I interviewed on 2/21. Hope you get accepted! I'm not sure what the stats are, but I'm sure someone can tell you what the chances are.
Thank you! I’m keeping my fingers crossed :)

Reactions: 1 users
Y'all if you don't get an update the day before on AMCAS does that mean you're rejected or waitlisted?? Pls I am panicking sm reading this thread and OSUCOM is my first choice.

Is this real?! Can I trust the AMCAS decision tool?! It shows I'm accepted to OSU. Ahhhhh!!!!!

This is my dream school and I applied thinking there's no way I would receive an acceptance...I'm honestly speechless....!!!!!

Sorry for the obnoxious amount of exclamation points. As an older applicant, I just really thought I'd never have this opportunity.

I'll update this once I see the acceptance in vitals... the skeptic in me thinks this is too good to be true lol.
When was your interview!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this real?! Can I trust the AMCAS decision tool?! It shows I'm accepted to OSU. Ahhhhh!!!!!

This is my dream school and I applied thinking there's no way I would receive an acceptance...I'm honestly speechless....!!!!!

Sorry for the obnoxious amount of exclamation points. As an older applicant, I just really thought I'd never have this opportunity.

I'll update this once I see the acceptance in vitals... the skeptic in me thinks this is too good to be true lol.
OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! YES, YOURE IN!!!! IM SOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! THE OFFICIAL MESSAGE SHOULD BE ON VITALS JUST AFTER 5AM ET.

sorry for the caps lol, I just know how much this means to @lemonxlime

• Love
OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! YES, YOURE IN!!!! IM SOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! THE OFFICIAL MESSAGE SHOULD BE ON VITALS JUST AFTER 5AM ET.

Lol I appreciate the caps!! I'm feeling this energy! I'M SO EXCITED!!

I interviewed on Feb 9th and was supposed to hear the decision today (March 2nd). Checked Vitals and it says I'm deferred :( Did you say that initially you got deferred and then accepted?

• Care
It was 2/21! Fingers crossed you receive an acceptance!
That's so interesting that we both were expected to hear back at the same time on March 2nd even tho we interviewed on 2 separate dates in Feb!

Did anyone who interviewed on Feb 9th get accepted today?

I interviewed on Feb 9th and was supposed to hear the decision today (March 2nd). Checked Vitals and it says I'm deferred :( Did you say that initially you got deferred and then accepted?
I interviewed on 2/7 and received my acceptance via VITALS on 2/16. I was not initially deferred, but it seems that getting deferred is not the worst thing that could happen. Maybe they just need more time to review your application. Wishing you the best!

Deferred. Interviewed 2/14

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hey, kinda crazy but just got an II! Can anyone offer insight for their process?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hey, kinda crazy but just got an II! Can anyone offer insight for their process?
From what I’ve heard they just want to get to know you as a person, interviews are reported to be pretty conversational. Congrats on the II dude!

Was just accepted today after being deferred for a few months! Just wanted to give others in my position some hope

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Was just accepted today after being deferred for a few months! Just wanted to give others in my position some hope
Congrats! Did you send any updates or letter of interest/intent recently?

I guess this is a soft let down R email. Anyone else get this?

What to expect when you're a graduate student at Ohio State​

Last edited:
  • Haha
Congrats! Did you send any updates or letter of interest/intent recently?
Nope! I was actually thinking of sending one in the coming weeks, so the acceptance call today really did come out of nowhere for me haha

• Love
I guess this is a soft let down R email. Anyone else get this?

What to expect when you're a graduate student at Ohio State​

Need a better understanding of how master’s and doctoral degree programs work?

If you’re considering a graduate degree, a look at the Ohio State experience may be helpful.

Our handy overview covers things like:
  • Common degree timelines and milestones
  • Associateship and fellowship requirements
  • Career support
Nope but I’m sure it doesn’t mean anythjng

Anyone else pumped up for the in-person tour tomorrow??😍

• Love
Anyone else pumped up for the in-person tour tomorrow??😍
Wait which in person tour are you talking about is it part of the interview process? Or is it for the A students? I am just a bit nervous about my upcoming interview so sorry if coming off as rude...

Wait which in person tour are you talking about is it part of the interview process? Or is it for the A students? I am just a bit nervous about my upcoming interview so sorry if coming off as rude...
So I was originally invited to the in person tour today after I received my II. But because I couldn't make it I learned they have tour throughout March and even April for people that have been accepted, have an interview or were deferred. My tour is for late March. You should receive the invite late in the week before your interview.

Reactions: 3 users
Are we potentially hearing back next on March 16th if we got deferred?

What are the chances of getting an interview from this school? I got an interview from Illinois even though they send interviews until February

Does anyone know if there's an accepted student FB group or GroupMe? If so can you send me the info? Thanks!

Does anyone have the google sheet link that has a list of current students we can speak to prior to the interview? It was on vitals before, but I couldn't find it anymore

Does anyone have the google sheet link that has a list of current students we can speak to prior to the interview? It was on vitals before, but I couldn't find it anymore
When did you get an II?

Hi! Has anyone here been accepted with a 510 MCAT?