2021-2022 NYU (Grossman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
received an A recently - overwhelmed, there are no words. interviewed early nov. wishing everyone the best of luck!
CONGRATS!! When did u interview? Trying to figure out where they are chronologically :’)

…also any bets on seeing any movement this week with the holidays?? Idk if Dean Rivera mentioned anything about that with this most recent week’s interviewees???

Members don't see this ad.

CONGRATS!! When did u interview? Trying to figure out where they are chronologically :’)

…also any bets on seeing any movement this week with the holidays?? Idk if Dean Rivera mentioned anything about that with this most recent week’s interviewees???
I don't think they are working chronologically. I know someone (non-URM, high stat) who submitted a secondary in mid August, got an interview literally within the week, and was accepted ~3 weeks ago. Meanwhile even some super high stat people from July are still waiting, and they clearly haven't given all interviewees responses yet.

Maybe they're rolling a dice, who knows.

Reactions: 2 users
Pre II R complete 9/1
NYU really made sure that Thanksgiving dinner was going to be factual this year (no Aunt Debra I'm not going to NYU med, yes I know it's free but here's the R)

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre II R complete 9/1
NYU really made sure that Thanksgiving dinner was going to be factual this year (no Aunt Debra I'm not going to NYU med, yes I know it's free but here's the R)
I guess that's one upside...😅

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I’m fixing to do a seance to try and get some answers lmao…

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I mean I'm not them and don't know if their NYU secondaries were awful, but they got into WashU and have II's at pretty much all other stat ****** lol so their primary and writing skills, app in general is obviously good enough

Also been seeing more low MCATs get II's here so maybe NYU is turning more holistic unironically...but then again this is a very small sample size

This actually makes me feel a lot better You're right this is all just anecdotal evidence but I also have a friend with a 515 who got an II from NYU last Monday. I'm happy for your friend and I hope I have the same success as them!

I got an OOS II last week for early December. Super pumped! But I do have to wonder: Are they just interviewing for the waitlist at this point? I know their cycle has been going on for a while.

I got an OOS II last week for early December. Super pumped! But I do have to wonder: Are they just interviewing for the waitlist at this point? I know their cycle has been going on for a while.
Nah bro, interview can lead to anything

Side Note: Anyone go from continued review to A or R? I’m wondering if they’re just gonna wait until January to change our status.

Caught that R yesterday too GL to everyone else!

• Care
Anyone think the R wave from yesterday is going to continue into today or through the week?

I submitted my app on 6/29 lol (almost 150 days ago)…. sooo I feel like an R is in my future or a very very unexpected II, but I’m trying to gauge which I should expect, if any, at this point. I will stick with the mentality of no news = good news for now.

Anyone think the R wave from yesterday is going to continue into today or through the week?

I submitted my app on 6/29 lol (almost 150 days ago)…. sooo I feel like an R is in my future or a very very unexpected II, but I’m trying to gauge which I should expect, if any, at this point. I will stick with the mentality of no news = good news for now.
From what I saw on prior NYU threads, there’s a second (and likely last) big wave of pre-II R’s in early-mid december with very few reported II’s in between. So really I’m just waiting for my R at this point.

• Care
From what I saw on prior NYU threads, there’s a second (and likely last) big wave of pre-II R’s in early-mid december with very few reported II’s in between. So really I’m just waiting for my R at this point.
RIP

Does not having received an R despite being complete in early July mean that we were likely considered for interview but didn’t make the final cut?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does not having received an R despite being complete in early July mean that we were likely considered for interview but didn’t make the final cut?
That would be my best guess, the old close but not close enough. Still holding out some hope until I get that R in my inbox though.

Reactions: 3 users
Continued review email, interviewed early Nov

Last edited:
????? It's no different than anywhere else where they are pretty liberal in handing out pre-II Rs. You are either on a silent H, OR you haven't yet been reviewed. No way to know which it is, but, either one is better than a R, and both mean an II is still a possibility.

Thinking of all the ways I could mess up saying “hello?” on a mysterious 212 call

• Haha
question. got an II today (yay). so this is for 4 year program? and then if u want to apply into a 3 year program do they review those after 4 year decisions ? just curious how the timeline/process works with that. Thank you!

question. got an II today (yay). so this is for 4 year program? and then if u want to apply into a 3 year program do they review those after 4 year decisions ? just curious how the timeline/process works with that. Thank you!
They'll explain all of that during the info sessions, but from what I remember you have to be accepted MD and then you can be accepted or rejected to the 3-year accelerated pathway. If you're rejected from the 3-year program you can still get into the 4-year program. I believe the application for that accelerated pathway is available through the portal where you submitted the original secondary. But you don't have to apply now--you can opt in (by applying) to the pathway during first or even second year of med school I believe. It's incredibly flexible. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know what percentage of interviewees get hit with continuing review and what percentage get post-II Rs? I feel like it was said at my Friday session but I can't remember..

Does anyone know what percentage of interviewees get hit with continuing review and what percentage get post-II Rs? I feel like it was said at my Friday session but I can't remember..
From what I got, seems like from the pool of interviewees minus the ones who get accepted, most get a post interview rejection bc they don’t want to keep us in the dark if they’ve already made up their minds I think? The minority that get put on continued review are actually part of the waitlist at some point which (supposedly) still means something. Idk how much the split is numerically tho

complete 6/29 and no word. literally 150 days... i sense the impending pre II R

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just thought I'd mention here that I have a friend who got continued review in October and got an acceptance last week. So, for those waiting, it is possible.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just thought I'd mention here that I have a friend who got continued review in October and got an acceptance last week. So, for those waiting, it is possible.
Bet! This is the news I came to hear!!!

+1 A received in past 5 business days after continued review many weeks ago (keeping vague just because ik they probably accept single digit kids per week and I'm paranoid af sorry)! Glad it's over, but took me a millennia even after early II so there's still hope imho. GL!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
have any of y'all heard of continual review rejections ?

• Hmm
have any of y'all heard of continual review rejections ?
continued review simply means continued review

you can be rejected, accepted, waitlisted, etc

not sure what the confusion is

continued review simply means continued review

you can be rejected, accepted, waitlisted, etc

not sure what the confusion is
still a legitimate question. as in...has anyone heard of someone with continual review being rejected yet?

still a legitimate question. as in...has anyone heard of someone with continual review being rejected yet?
Based off what Dean Rivera said, a post-interview rejection can take place at any point in the continuing review process, and once we arrive at the mid-January decision deadline, everyone still in continuing review either gets moved to the waitlist or gets the rejection. Not sure about people's personal experiences though.

Based off what Dean Rivera said, a post-interview rejection can take place at any point in the continuing review process, and once we arrive at the mid-January decision deadline, everyone still in continuing review either gets moved to the waitlist or gets the rejection. Not sure about people's personal experiences though.
makes sense. thanks!

Sending the best of vibes to y’all as we approach another auspicious Friday !!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
What time on Friday's does NYU typically notify applicants if they've been accepted?

Post-Interview R

Interview Early November

Last edited:
Post - II R, mid-november date. Sigh, not even the continued review just a straight-up R

Continued review, anyone have any gauge on how likely it is to get an acceptance from continued review?

I know this is completely individual and depends on other factors too, but can anyone share their interview confidence vs. result? Just curious

Felt like this was my best interview yet, put on continued review about a month ago

• Love
Do y’all think the lack of acceptances yesterday means anything? Could be reporting bias, but could they have just not sent out any acceptances Bc of thanksgiving last week and have candidates getting a continued review so they roll over to the next week which would buy them more time while also sticking to the 2-3 week response turnaround? Maybe a delusion I’m choosing to believe at this point lmaooooooo

Do y’all think the lack of acceptances yesterday means anything? Could be reporting bias, but could they have just not sent out any acceptances Bc of thanksgiving last week and have candidates getting a continued review so they roll over to the next week which would buy them more time while also sticking to the 2-3 week response turnaround? Maybe a delusion I’m choosing to believe at this point lmaooooooo
I interviewed the week before Thanksgiving break and they told us to expect a 3-4 week turnaround cos of the holidays. So I wouldn't be surprised if there were very few decisions released yesterday. But also this waiting process for a (most likely) R is a little (a lottle) stressful and discouraging. Sending you some strength this weekend

• Care
Received II last night. LM 78 ORM. OOS but family ties in NYC. Really surprised as I applied late! (Complete Sept 8).
Any insights on the interview process would be welcome. I'm interviewing in 2 weeks.

• Love
Any new updates from last Friday's session about acceptances?

Complete 8/10/2021 and haven't heard anything yet. Is this just a soft R or do you think they haven't reviewed my file yet? I'm not too hopeful, but I'd like to hear back. From what I understand, they send rejections in waves, and don't wait until the end of the cycle to do it--is that correct?

• Dislike
Complete 8/10/2021 and haven't heard anything yet. Is this just a soft R or do you think they haven't reviewed my file yet? I'm not too hopeful, but I'd like to hear back. From what I understand, they send rejections in waves, and don't wait until the end of the cycle to do it--is that correct?
Dude i understand the neuroticism but you really don't/shouldn't spam every thread with the same exact question, especially since ur already accepted. Chill

Reactions: 11 users
Regarding the interview, I totally understand if people cannot share, but is the MMI with a live human being interviewer or is it recorded (and you just talk to nobody)?

Regarding the interview, I totally understand if people cannot share, but is the MMI with a live human being interviewer or is it recorded (and you just talk to nobody)?
i think this is something that isn't a secret so I can answer?

All parts of the interview are with real people

Theyre pretty open about their interview format on their website. You can find the details (stations, min per station etc) here:

Good luck! :)

Agree with the chilling on the neuroticism, but can drop some info. I was talking to the admissions office earlier and they mentioned that next week is the last week of the interview cycle. That means 80 interview slots remaining, but I am sure that most of those IIs have gone out already since the dates are not far away and we are nearly at the end of this business week.

Reactions: 4 users