2021-2022 NYU (Grossman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Total? As in all the As from the start of the season?
If I'm not mistaken, yes. I might have misheard him, but I'm fairly sure I didn't. I was surprised too

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
If I'm not mistaken, yes. I might have misheard him, but I'm fairly sure I didn't. I was surprised too
Joy!! All this commotion on this thread, some of us thought it's all over, they're all filled up!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I hope your cycle is going well. Sorry about the R from NYU. Just wanted to ask--was the R post-interview or post-secondary?
Thanks, I’ve got an acceptance somewhere else so I’m not too stressed thankfully! It was post-interview.

• Care
Has anyone who was put on continued review received an A?

I thought we would be re-evaluated every week, or I may have misheard and we are all going to mass hear back come January.

Has anyone who was put on continued review received an A?

I thought we would be re-evaluated every week, or I may have misheard and we are all going to mass hear back come January.
I havent heard yet. I think there is always the chance of getting the A with every week that passes. I think the continued review is exactly what you think it is.

So if there have been so few total As given out so far, how come they're not sending any new IIs? Or at least why are these people with the new IIs not reporting them here? Why o Why o Why??? lol

So if there have been so few total As given out so far, how come they're not sending any new IIs? Or at least why are these people with the new IIs not reporting them here? Why o Why o Why??? lol
Yea, highest number I’ve heard is about 20 As and someone earlier said only 8. NYU gives about 120 in the cycle, so there’s a lot more to give.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey all, anyone heard of last week September folks getting A's? Havn't heard back, which I guess is good...as of now at least.

When was the last II sent out for NYU? According to the sheet, it looks like 10/15ish. Does NYU normally do waves of II or do we think their cycle is done?

Reactions: 1 users
When was the last II sent out for NYU? According to the sheet, it looks like 10/15ish. Does NYU normally do waves of II or do we think their cycle is done?
From my understanding, they sent II's every other Friday.

Tracker is probably worthless/dead after the first month since the neurotic 530/5.5's already got all their II's—NYU is not done yet. May be getting close, but definitely not done! II's send into Dec. last year.

So they start every cycle by doing every other friday and then seem to take a hiatus toward the end of October and after that invites are more sporadic (based on past years)

So they start every cycle by doing every other friday and then seem to take a hiatus toward the end of October and after that invites are more sporadic (based on past years)
This means just sporadically there'll be IIs sent out tomorrow, which just happens to be a Friday :p

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
This means just sporadically there'll be IIs sent out tomorrow, which just happens to be a Friday :p
If anything they should send A's tomorrow. A few hundred II's and...10 A's? :( Help me out here NYU it's been 5 weeks

Isn’t it a zero sum game
Well, summatively, maybe. But since there's enough of both As and IIs to go around right now, I'd like to think there's reason for hope whatever side of the game you're on. So let there be both!

A bit off-topic, but any other low-income folks here find the 3% disadvantaged stat mildly concerning? Just trying to find bad things about this school so I can cope with another week of no A tomorrow. Also no URMs at my interview day. Now that I think about it, kind of sad they couldn't do the bare minimum.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
A bit off-topic, but any other low-income folks here find the 3% disadvantaged stat mildly concerning? Just trying to find bad things about this school so I can cope with another week of no A tomorrow. Also no URMs at my interview day. Now that I think about it, kind of sad they couldn't do the bare minimum.
Probably because peer/prestigious schools are more likely to give need based aid to disadvantaged students, eliminating any economic incentive to attend. For example, if a disadvantage applicant gets in Stanford and NYU, institutional aid may make cost of attendance similar. A non disadvantage applicant will have a higher cost at Stanford due to little aid and therefore go with NYU

Reactions: 6 users
Probably because peer/prestigious schools are more likely to give need based aid to disadvantaged students, eliminating any economic incentive to attend. For example, if a disadvantage applicant gets in Stanford and NYU, institutional aid may make cost of attendance similar. A non disadvantage applicant will have a higher cost at Stanford due to little aid and therefore go with NYU
Yes, because it is full tuition rather than full COA, low-income applicants are more likely to go to top tier need-based schools that offer full COA (due to their already low EFC)

Exactly correct ! There was a long rant on Reddit about the 3% stat and vox hit the mark. Need based aid essentially takes the free tuition out of the equation. If your a low income URM good enough for NYU then you’re probably getting offers from other high tier schools, and at that point it’s about preference and fit.

I saw a few Hispanic URMs at my interview day but only 1 black applicant, but unless it’s like Uchicago I never really expect to see that many minority candidates.

But... NYU please accept me, I will happily be that small portion of your URMs and make that 3% a 4%.

Yes, because it is full tuition rather than full COA, low-income applicants are more likely to go to top tier need-based schools that offer full COA (due to their already low EFC)
What a lot of people don’t realize is that NYU offers additional grants and scholarships that cover COA for low-income students.

Right, right, that makes sense. I guess as a NYCer, picking H/S over NYU hasn't crossed my mind lol. Even then, 3% is still ridiculously low, like what is the vibe there if it's just a bunch of rich kids?

What a lot of people don’t realize is that NYU offers additional grants and scholarships that cover COA for low-income students.
Yeah I mean I'm sure NYU will gladly cover a few extra G's to snag a cross-admit from Harvard...

II just now in the middle of another interview! I thought it was over for me here, complete 6/29

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
II just now in the middle of another interview! I thought it was over for me here, complete 6/29
Completed 6/29 and suddenly have hope again ahahahaha. NYU I am ready for your II email... any minute... any day... any week... any month... please just this year... please

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone heard anything today? interviewed almost 4 weeks ago

Has anyone heard anything today? interviewed almost 4 weeks ago
I interviews 4 weeks ago as well...nothing yet...2 weeks ago A's were sent out late afternoon oh no D:
Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

I saw a few Hispanic URMs at my interview day but only 1 black applicant, but unless it’s like Uchicago I never really expect to see that many minority candidates.

How is UChicago different?

Is interviewing later on in the cycle a disadvantage for NYU?
Although NYU is rolling, it doesn't seem like they have sent out a lot of As yet and I think it is because they want to see what the later pools are like

Reactions: 3 users
Although NYU is rolling, it doesn't seem like they have sent out a lot of As yet and I think it is because they want to see what the later pools are like
Yeah but then why have they sent out post-II R's, WLs, holds, etc. then? Also "a lot of A's" isn't necessarily true, if they have accepted 15 people then that's like 10% of the acceptees lol.

Also anyone woh interviewed recently get any updates from the dean? I know he sometimes says what stage/how on track they are during the interview days.

Yeah but then why have they sent out post-II R's, WLs, holds, etc. then? Also "a lot of A's" isn't necessarily true, if they have accepted 15 people then that's like 10% of the acceptees lol.

Also anyone woh interviewed recently get any updates from the dean? I know he sometimes says what stage/how on track they are during the interview days.
I believe at the last Friday session, the Dean said he had sent out 20 A’s and would be making a few more calls that day. Around ~100 acceptances are sent out in the first wave and they don’t send out more A’s until people withdraw from NYU and they drop below 92 students

• Love
NYU new curriculm seems very attractive, now im more sad about my wifi cutting off mid MMI

• Care
NYU new curriculm seems very attractive, now im more sad about my wifi cutting off mid MMI
OMG this happened to me in the middle of one of my interviews! Of all the times it had to happen DURING the f^%&^% interview. The WORST!!

• Care
Yet another friday approaches...good luck everyone :|

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I have a friend who went to the info session today and he said Dean Rivera has sent out 33 As so far.

So they’re about 1/4 of the way through As and I think the interviewing part of the cycle is wrapping up ( considering they send out the WL in January).

Any calls/decision updates yet for today? Not sure when they normally go out..

Any calls/decision updates yet for today? Not sure when they normally go out..
Late afternoon from what I've seen on here. It's been literally 6 weeks for me so if it ain't today it ain't never. Just kidding, more copium...but please give me a response nyu :(

• Care