2022-2023 NYU (Grossman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello! Does anyone know if a group chat has been made for accepted students, and if so, would anyone be able to send the link? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

According to AAMC, 40 out of 250 ppl from WL got accepted in 2021-2022 cycle. I think Dean Rivera said that LoIs don't really make a difference because he knows everyone wants to come to NYU lol
where did you get this information from? MSAR? Couldn't find it

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Does anyone know if a group chat has been made for accepted students, and if so, would anyone be able to send the link? Thanks!
I had the same question, idk if there’s one but if someone does know, please share :)

does anyone know when the zoom about the WL is supposed to be? i know he said april but has anyone gotten any further info?

Does anyone have historical data from SDN suggesting there is waitlist movement after 4/15 and before the 4/30 plan to enroll deadline? I can see waitlist movement in early May but I wondered if any movement happens after applicants go down to holding only 3 acceptances.

Does anyone have historical data from SDN suggesting there is waitlist movement after 4/15 and before the 4/30 plan to enroll deadline? I can see waitlist movement in early May but I wondered if any movement happens after applicants go down to holding only 3 acceptances.
I don't think so...it prob makes the most sense for them to just wait to convene after the 4/30 deadline

How's everyone feeling about their WL odds? I am more optimistic than I should be lol... have been super pessimistic this entire cycle so I figured why not channel all my positive energy into this single decision. ⭐🌟⭐

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
How's everyone feeling about their WL odds? I am more optimistic than I should be lol... have been super pessimistic this entire cycle so I figured why not channel all my positive energy into this single decision. ⭐🌟⭐
Just trying to act nonchalant to fool the universe into thinking I don’t care🤩

• Haha
Maybe the drop in NYU's ranking from 2 to 11 for the coming year will help with waitlist movement. lol

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was on my phone when they sent that waitlist info session email, and the notification banner that popped up cut all of the text except "We are excited to..." Very nearly threw up

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Can someone please post a summary of what Dean Rivera talks about at today’s WL info session? I can’t make it bc of work but would greatly appreciate it 😊

Can someone please post a summary of what Dean Rivera talks about at today’s WL info session? I can’t make it bc of work but would greatly appreciate it 😊
I'll be there and would be happy to post a summary.

Idk about yall but I'm just happy to see Dean Rivera again....such a wholesome dude :cool:

• Love
This year, they accepted 120 students (10 more than last year). Currently, there are 104 PTE for 92 MD spots. By next week, that # is expected to drop below 92. The waitlist is a little less than 200 people. Last year, 40-50 students were accepted off the waitlist. This year, they’re expecting 30-40 acceptances from the waitlist. Acceptances from the waitlist will go out no earlier than May 2. When acceptances go out, you will be notified via email, not via phone. If accepted, you will have 1 week (5 business days) to confirm the acceptance. Otherwise, the acceptance will be rescinded.

If you have committed to enroll elsewhere, but NYU Grossman is still your top choice, send a letter of intent. Otherwise, a letter of intent has no impact on your ability to move off the waitlist. Even if you sent a letter previously, send another one this week.

Rejections will begin going out (for those still on the waitlist) by mid-May so that they may begin “whittling down” the waitlist.

Any mention of a final day by which they will send acceptances off of the waitlist? I remember Dean Rivera saying something like that during the info sesh day

Any mention of a final day by which they will send acceptances off of the waitlist? I remember Dean Rivera saying something like that during the info sesh day
He said there were three rounds of acceptances from the waitlist last year beginning in May and ending in mid-May. Also, this year would likely be May 2, May 9, and (if necessary) May 16. After that, the remaining applicants on the waitlist would likely receive rejections.

He said there were three rounds of acceptances from the waitlist last year beginning in May and ending in mid-May. Also, this year would likely be May 2, May 9, and (if necessary) May 16. After that, the remaining applicants on the waitlist would likely receive rejections.
Thank you!!!

This year, they accepted 120 students (10 more than last year). Currently, there are 104 PTE for 92 MD spots. By next week, that # is expected to drop below 92. The waitlist is a little less than 200 people. Last year, 40-50 students were accepted off the waitlist. This year, they’re expecting 30-40 acceptances from the waitlist. Acceptances from the waitlist will go out no earlier than May 2. When acceptances go out, you will be notified via email, not via phone. If accepted, you will have 1 week (5 business days) to confirm the acceptance. Otherwise, the acceptance will be rescinded.

If you have committed to enroll elsewhere, but NYU Grossman is still your top choice, send a letter of intent. Otherwise, a letter of intent has no impact on your ability to move off the waitlist. Even if you sent a letter previously, send another one this week.

Rejections will begin going out (for those still on the waitlist) by mid-May so that they may begin “whittling down” the waitlist.
To clarify, the 104 students mentioned are those currently holding acceptances (some have PTE'd, some have not).

GOOD LUCK to everyone on the waitlist!!! Hopefully tomorrow is a big day for many of us!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Last year, the first A (on sdn at least) came at 6:48 pm EST, so I expect emails will go out in the evening😬

Maybe all 104 students declined their acceptances and everyone on the waitlist will get in! 😁😎
/s

• Haha
Is there an accepted students group? (I just got off the MSTP waitlist)

• Love
  • Care
accepted off the MD waitlist as well!!!! so excited :') got the email shortly after 6pm EST if people are curious

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
are we expecting any more WL movement this week or should I give up hope now?

• Care
Is there a groupme/other group chat for accepted students?

Also, wishing the best to all of y'all on the WL!!

For those still on the WL, have you received any additional updates?