2021-2022 Northeast Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today

ORM, IS, Secondary complete 08/25/21, LM: 70.5

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing here tomorrow! Does anyone who has already interviewed have any extra feedback? Seems like its pretty chill and conversational, how much do they get into the specifics of your application?

Interviewing here tomorrow! Does anyone who has already interviewed have any extra feedback? Seems like its pretty chill and conversational, how much do they get into the specifics of your application?

Good luck buddy! Let us know how it goes! My interview is in January

Mine was super conversational and laid back! They did ask me a lot about my application, though!

Very conversational but they do for sure bring up stuff in your application. Felt very natural and ofc started with an icebreaker. My faculty interviewers gauged me and asked follow up questions. For example they asked about my research when I mentioned it, and then what motivated me to do it. They asked about my ability to manage stress prob since my personal statement mentioned my mothers mental illness. One asked me about how I felt about telemedicine since I mentioned liking technology at the eye clinic I worked at. I was asked an MMI like-question that stemmed from something I said as well.

Make sure you mention the things you absolutely want to talk about because it may get missed within the small time frame you have and don’t bring up anything you wouldn’t want follow up questions on I guess?

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone happen to know what the post-interview acceptance rate is for NEOMED?

Does anyone happen to know what the post-interview acceptance rate is for NEOMED?
I remember seeing on one of the spreadsheets it was around 30% or so, can't find which one it was now tho

Reactions: 1 users
When I went to their information session, they said that for RD applicants, they will usually accept about 160 people to occupy about 80 seats (the other seats go to Early Assurance, Early Decision, and BaccMD). On MSAR it says that 528 people interview but idk how many of them are RD. Based on numbers alone, at worst, post-II acceptance rate would be around 30% (160 divided by 528). At best (subtracting about 83 non-RD applicants = 443) the post-II rate is about 36%. But it's also worth noting that as far as MSAR says (including deferred applicants), 28 in-state people matriculated from RD and 40 OOS RD people matriculated.

When I went to their information session, they said that for RD applicants, they will usually accept about 160 people to occupy about 80 seats (the other seats go to Early Assurance, Early Decision, and BaccMD). On MSAR it says that 528 people interview but idk how many of them are RD. Based on numbers alone, at worst, post-II acceptance rate would be around 30% (160 divided by 528). At best (subtracting about 83 non-RD applicants = 443) the post-II rate is about 36%. But it's also worth noting that as far as MSAR says (including deferred applicants), 28 in-state people matriculated from RD and 40 OOS RD people matriculated.
Not sure where I’ve seen a >40% number thrown around, as many people tend to choose other schools in Ohio over NEOMED leading them to accept many people from the waitlist. Then again previous years are unreliable as they were also competing against a phased out linkage undergrad program which threw their numbers off. At least that’s what I’m hoping for!

Not sure where I’ve seen a >40% number thrown around, as many people tend to choose other schools in Ohio over NEOMED leading them to accept many people from the waitlist. Then again previous years are unreliable as they were also competing against a phased out linkage undergrad program which threw their numbers off. At least that’s what I’m hoping for!
Also worth mentioning that at the info session, they said that of the 80 RD people they usually matriculate, around 50 are OOS and 30 are IS. The numbers I came up with don't exactly line up but obv take everything with a grain of salt. I think their ball park ranges are comparable for OOS/IS ratios.

Also worth mentioning that at the info session, they said that of the 80 RD people they usually matriculate, around 50 are OOS and 30 are IS. The numbers I came up with don't exactly line up but obv take everything with a grain of salt. I think their ball park ranges are comparable for OOS/IS ratios.

So, take this with a grain of salt but I just found this reddit post from like 8 years ago where they claim that "119 of 121 interviewees" were accepted to NEOMED. I guess they've become more popular/more selective the last few years?

• Hmm

So, take this with a grain of salt but I just found this reddit post from like 8 years ago where they claim that "119 of 121 interviewees" were accepted to NEOMED. I guess they've become more popular/more selective the last few years?

Keep in mind that 8 years ago they were basically a BS/MD exclusive school and they stopped the BS/MD program in 2019(?i think) so those numbers are probably not accurate. According to SND, they had a waitlist of around 450 last cycle and accepted 159 off it. As others said, in the info session, they said that ~80 students were from feeder programs through other universities.

Reactions: 2 users
Keep in mind that 8 years ago they were basically a BS/MD exclusive school and they stopped the BS/MD program in 2019(?i think) so those numbers are probably not accurate. According to SND, they had a waitlist of around 450 last cycle and accepted 159 off it. As others said, in the info session, they said that ~80 students were from feeder programs through other universities.
That’s a huge WL movement if I’ve ever heard one. Assuming they accept conservatively at 1.5-2x their OOS seats that’s not bad odds right?

That’s a huge WL movement if I’ve ever heard one. Assuming they accept conservatively at 1.5-2x their OOS seats that’s not bad odds right?
Thats what im hoping!

Also my info for the waitlist was from MSAR not "SND"

that is crazy quick! you must have the application of a god lmfao :rofl:
That's the crazy thing, I wouldn't consider myself an especially qualified applicant. I'm URM and have a strong narrative and above average ECs, but my LM is pretty unspectacular (~65). Maybe they appreciated that I submitted my secondary 4 hours after it showed up in my inbox!

Reactions: 3 users
That's the crazy thing, I wouldn't consider myself an especially qualified applicant. I'm URM and have a strong narrative and above average ECs, but my LM is pretty unspectacular (~65). Maybe they appreciated that I submitted my secondary 4 hours after it showed up in my inbox!
Meanwhile some of us have been waiting for almost 3 months lol.... Congrats man, that's insane.

Does anyone know if NEOMED accepts post-interview update letters of letters of intent?

they told me at my interview that they aren’t going to send any decisions out til around mid december
Lmao so right when I have to send in a deposit to a DO school

Lmao so right when I have to send in a deposit to a DO school
literally same..my deposit is due december 14, really hoping they send decisions before then but doubt it’ll happen

I received a secondary for this school last week after completing my primary in August… is this common for this program?

I received a secondary for this school last week after completing my primary in August… is this common for this program?
That's what happened to me. N=1, but I received an II the following week.

• Wow
has anyone who interviewed more recently asked for an estimated date of when they’ll send acceptances? I know mid-December but I didn’t know if they told anyone anything more specific.

I interviewed 10/13 and they told me they should get back around thanksgiving but could be slightly before or after it as well. Wish they gave more specifics
One person fromt he office told me Thanksgiving but someone else told me mid December so IDK at this point. XD

I hate that because the admissions women in my interview said around thanksgiving but then people on this thread are saying mid-December. I don't know if they were told mid-December maybe because they interviewed later?
when did you interview?

I interviewed in September and the uncertainty and long wait is killing me

I interviewed in the last 1-2 weeks and was told they would be sending decisions out in mid-December.

How do we submit update letters? I couldn't find a place to do it on the portal, and I tried emailing [email protected] but got a response saying the email address is no longer in service...

PSA to everyone: NEOMED does NOT accept update letters, LORs, intent letters, interest letters, or bribes, at any point during the application cycle. You're not the first person to ask @anja but I hope this helps

We got about 2 more weeks to go if mid December decisions are truly happening I’m anxious 😬