2021-2022 Northeast Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone!! I’m ED with a 1st quartile Casper score and I just got my acceptance email from neomed!! I’m super excited and couldn’t thank everyone enough for answering questions, keeping me calm, and giving me hope on this thread throughout these past few months. I’m rooting for all my fellow RDs that you hear some good news this week as well!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hey everyone!! I’m ED with a 1st quartile Casper score and I just got my acceptance email from neomed!! I’m super excited and couldn’t thank everyone enough for answering questions, keeping me calm, and giving me hope on this thread throughout these past few months. I’m rooting for all my fellow RDs that you hear some good news this week as well!
Congratulations! I also just got my acceptance! EDP, 1st quartile casper score, 501 MCAT and 3.98 GPA. From Northeast Ohio.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now!! IS, ORM, complete 8/24. So excited!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Just got my Casper received email! I submitted my secondary late August but didn’t receive the secondary received email until 9/9.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys I was early decision as well and post interview rejected. I had a 3.6 gpa and 506 mcat. Similar to those of you who were accepted. With that being said, I felt I had a great interview but I guess not. Is talking too much when answering a question a bad thing? ( Although I was coherent). And Is being excited a bad thing as well? Cuz those are the only things I can think about that went wrong. Any tips on future interviews?

• Care
Hey guys I was early decision as well and post interview rejected. I had a 3.6 gpa and 506 mcat. Similar to those of you who were accepted. With that being said, I felt I had a great interview but I guess not. Is talking too much when answering a question a bad thing? ( Although I was coherent). And Is being excited a bad thing as well? Cuz those are the only things I can think about that went wrong. Any tips on future interviews?
I’m not sure if neomed has a policy against this, but you can always reach out to the school post-rejection and ask for feedback as to why you were rejected. Worst case scenario they just tell you they don’t do that! But some schools are really good about it and can give some constructive feedback. Just a thought!

I am so sorry :( I also get really excited and talk a lot during interviews. One of my mentors told me that I laugh a lot, too, and I needed to tone it down. Before your next interview (because I’m sure you’ll have more!) you might wanna try recording yourself and seeing if there are any “quirks” that happen when you get nervous. But as @Pls_accept_me said, you should definitely reach out because they may have good feedback.

I am so sorry :( I also get really excited and talk a lot during interviews. One of my mentors told me that I laugh a lot, too, and I needed to tone it down. Before your next interview (because I’m sure you’ll have more!) you might wanna try recording yourself and seeing if there are any “quirks” that happen when you get nervous. But as @Pls_accept_me said, you should definitely reach out because they may have good feedback.
Yiu
Thank you guys so much! I won't lie I was livid as I have better credentials than most I've seen accepted. I will reach out and see if there is anything. And if they aren't giving me another chance ( as they have sent me another secondary for regular decision) I will definitely get a refund for the second secondary lol

Just got my CASPer received email :) I was complete 9/13. Congrats to all those accepted ED!

Umm....wow. I got an II! Very excited, I really love this school

Reactions: 4 users
Got an II too!! URM, OOS, 1st quartile casper 🥴 and LM 73

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now! Can't believe it! URM, OOS, Casper email 10/1.

hi guys! I have interview tomorrow and wondering for anyone who has interviewed earlier let me know any advice? Thank you XXX

II today! Complete 9/9, CASPer email received 10/4, 4th quartile on CASPer, LM 70.3, OOS with no ties, ORM

Edit: definitely did not mean to reply to the above poster LOL sdn isn't great to use on mobile

Last edited:
hi guys! I have interview tomorrow and wondering for anyone who has interviewed earlier let me know any advice? Thank you XXX
During one of my interviews, they asked many questions that were directly about the experiences listed on my primary application. Make sure you can talk passionately about each experience including why you did that experience, what you learned and how will it help you in medicine. If your answer also fits with NEOMEDs mission, that's bonus points! Haha.

For example, I listed crocheting as a hobby on my primary application and it was asked about. I explained that I got into crocheting to build fine motor skills after I realized how shaky I was with a pipet in my research lab. I jokingly said that it possibly could help me be a surgeon some day. I even shown one of my projects on screen lol. My answer was unique, genuine and memorable. If you can find something unique and memorable about you and somehow work it in the conversation, you will be golden. But definitely don't force something into the conversation that doesn't fit because that could come across as bragging.

Also, I know the thought of the interview is alittle nerve racking but honestly, there is nothing to be nervous about. My heart was pounding due to nerves as the video started on my screen but within minutes, I had no stress at all. They really did make it feel like a conversation and they were very nice. But good luck and have fun with it! I know you all will be great!

• Love
This was one of the most chill interviews I had! They asked very "traditional questions" and I will agree they did ask about some of my most meaningful experiences from my app!

• Love
Very chill interview, faculty was very happy about how I answered “tell me about yourself” and we chatted for a bit about some of the things I talked about. It was a plus that I had a lot to talk about regarding mental health since it’s very relevant to my family situation (mom is schizophrenic) and they have a lot of support through their BeST center and research. They do ask about your application and I remember talking about my research and time as a chemistry TA. Know how to talk about yourself and your experiences in a humble and genuine way.

• Love
I got an II today as well! The earliest I was able to schedule was 12/1?? I clicked the link within minutes of receiving the email bc it came to my phone. Was anyone able to get an earlier date?

I got an II today as well! The earliest I was able to schedule was 12/1?? I clicked the link within minutes of receiving the email bc it came to my phone. Was anyone able to get an earlier date?
Same for me, 12/1 at the earliest but dates through February available

Nice, congrats! I was able to schedule for 11/30, but that was the earliest available that showed up for me.

Hopefully I’m not too late in answering this, but I agree with pretty much everything everyone else said above! As long as what you decide to talk about is something that is really meaningful and passionate to you, you should be good to go.

The one other advice I would give that I felt personally made me stand out was be prepared to talk about any weaknesses. For example I did NOT have a good gpa in undergrad but I had a 3.8 gpa in my post-bac. I knew something about my undergrad gpa was gonna come up so I made sure to reflect on what was going on at the time, owning up to my faults, and how exactly I changed myself in order to do a complete 180 and have an amazing post bac year. It was definitely one of the major questions in my first interview, so I was glad that I prepared ahead of time for that specific question.

Reactions: 2 users
For those who have interviewed already, did they mention how long it takes to get back to you? Or how long did it take them to respond?

For those who have interviewed already, did they mention how long it takes to get back to you? Or how long did it take them to respond?
I think November for regular decision according to their website

For those of you who received IIs, how long did it take after receiving the "CASPer received" email?

so if we didn't receive an II right after the casper email should we not expect an interview at all? it has been like a week since i got my casper email but no other communication :(

so if we didn't receive an II right after the casper email should we not expect an interview at all? it has been like a week since i got my casper email but no other communication :(
No, it doesn't mean that. I'm sure there are many people for whom this wasn't the case and they just didn't respond or aren't active on the thread.

I got my II around 4 days after my Casper email

Hello, does anyone know if NEOMED accepts update letters and if so, how to submit them?

how can you check status of your application? I haven't heard anything back from them since submitting my secondary (late July).
when I go to my application, I only see my responses to the secondary questions.
anyone know if the have started sending R's?

Interviewing tomorrow, any last minute tips? Its my second interview, but the last was closed file, so I have looked over my app some more for this one as I have heard its application heavy. OOS LM ~70

Lmao did anyone get the email that started with *CONGRATULATIONS*on your interview candidacy with the info session links?? I had a heart attack

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewing tomorrow, any last minute tips? Its my second interview, but the last was closed file, so I have looked over my app some more for this one as I have heard its application heavy. OOS LM ~70
My interview was awhile ago but it was open file and conversational. I talked about my research and why I would like to go to their school due to my personal statement. I wouldn’t say it’s super application heavy according to the way my own interview went.

Still crickets post casper email. IS 3.5x, 508

II received today! ORM, OOS, LM: 67, legacy status. This is my first II after months of silence so I'm pretty excited :D

Reactions: 3 users
II today

Earliest Date 12/1, then 1/11-1/14

OOS, Secondary complete 10/08/21