2021-2022 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted 9/27.

2.99 uGPA
3.94 gGPA
511 MCAT
significant research and clinical experience

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted 9/27.

2.99 uGPA
3.94 gGPA
511 MCAT
significant research and clinical experience
Congratulations! That's some comeback on the GPA, sounds like AZCOM was impressed. Does the uGPA also have an upward trend? Bad freshman year or something like that?

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! That's some comeback on the GPA, sounds like AZCOM was impressed. Does the uGPA also have an upward trend? Bad freshman year or something like that?
Thank you so much!

Yes, I had a pretty extreme upward trend lol. And yep, failed a multitude of classes during my first three semesters. (I was not premed at the time)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today, interviewed 10/15 in person

Does anyone know where the specific clinical rotation sites are? Like specifically what hospitals? I think they mentioned it in my interview but I don’t remember

Does anyone who interviewed remember when they said when we should expect to hear back? I interviewed online 10/5

Members don't see this ad :)
II received today at 2:52 AM. LM 71 (511 + 4.0). Secondary submitted late September.

Got the II in the middle of the night and just now logging onto the portal. Seems the only interview date currently available is November 29th in person. Definitely was hoping to schedule it sooner than that lol

Has anyone gotten off the II WL? Do they even send Rs or is it basically an R to get an II WL?

Interviewed 10/5, checked my mail and got a rejection letter

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Submitted my primary 10/30 and received a notification I was removed from consideration due to low GPA. I'm well above the minimums but when I went to verify what went wrong my verified AACOMAS application doesn't even have a GPA section at all. Immediately e-mailed both the school and AACOMAS but i'm wondering if this happened to anyone else?

It is 12:45 AM here in Arizona and I just got an II. In-state, stats in signature, complete August 1st. Very surprised to see this right before going to sleep.

• Love
It is 12:45 AM here in Arizona and I just got an II. In-state, stats in signature, complete August 1st. Very surprised to see this right before going to sleep.

Yeah for some reason they schedule emails for application updates to be sent at ~1 AM MST.

II today, IS. Going to withdraw to let someone else take the spot!

Last edited:
So I just got an email inviting me to apply to the pharmacy school:

“This year you applied to our Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine but unfortunately your application did not advance through the process as you had originally planned. With that in mind, we would like to help you consider another option to help further your academic goals at Midwestern University (MWU)”

Which is cool, but I never heard anything from MWU, unless this is their way of telling me I didn’t get an interview lol?

Last edited:

“This year you applied to our Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine but unfortunately your application did not advance through the process as you had originally planned. With that in mind, we would like to help you consider another option to help further your academic goals at Midwestern University (MWU)”

Which is cool, but I never heard anything from MWU, unless this is there way of telling me I didn’t get an interview lol?
the audacity these schools have to then talk about applying to a pharm program.

Which is cool, but I never heard anything from MWU, unless this is there way of telling me I didn’t get an interview lol?
I got a hold a few months prior and they also sent me this today.

the audacity these schools have to then talk about applying to a pharm program.
I just spoke to admissions aboht that email and they said no it does not change your status at their school, it’s just how they word the email for people who haven’t interviewed with them yet. So it’s not a denial!

I just spoke to admissions aboht that email and they said no it does not change your status at their school, it’s just how they word the email for people who haven’t interviewed with them yet. So it’s not a denial!
these schools need applicant sensitivity training lmao they play too much with us

This is true, just spoke w them as well

Okay this was very confusing because I got a rejection from CCOM (I double checked and yes, it was specifically from Chicago) and then got this email… hmm. I am on hold at AZCOM…

what happens if u haven’t received this email but haven’t been invited for an interview lmao

I finished my app at 9/12 but have not heard anything since then. I didn't even get marked complete. When can I expect a response or an interview (hopefully)? I've got decent stats but no DO shadowing

I finished my app at 9/12 but have not heard anything since then. I didn't even get marked complete. When can I expect a response or an interview (hopefully)? I've got decent stats but no DO shadowing
That's strange. Is your secondary and mcat marked as received?

Accepted! Interviewed the last week of August

Edit: I meant October lol, the months have blurred together

Last edited:
  • Love
Got the acceptance email today. Interviewed on October 28th.

• Love
Got the checklist yesterday. Email for A today. God bless.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed on October 28, was accepted November 10

• Love
Interview waitlist today. Does anyone know this process? Do they interview/accept people from the interview waitlist

Just received a wait-list for an II at 3:00 am.. I don't know how I should feel about this

Just received my first med school acceptance here…. I’m in shock I can’t believe I’m really gonna be a doctor! :joyful:

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Is it too late to submit a secondary for this school? I submitted one for CCOM but haven’t got AZCOM

Just received my first med school acceptance here…. I’m in shock I can’t believe I’m really gonna be a doctor! :joyful:
How did they notify you? I got an email this morning asking me to join them on the "Schools" app and the email said "Congratulations on your acceptance to Midwestern University. We hope you take a moment to join Schools App, an exclusive social network for future students. You’ll have a chance to meet other incoming students, access our roommate finder, and get important announcements from your program."...

However, I have not gotten any calls or emails from admissions. Just curious as to how you found out because I've been anxiously waiting around my phone all day! :nailbiting:

How did they notify you? I got an email this morning asking me to join them on the "Schools" app and the email said "Congratulations on your acceptance to Midwestern University. We hope you take a moment to join Schools App, an exclusive social network for future students. You’ll have a chance to meet other incoming students, access our roommate finder, and get important announcements from your program."...

However, I have not gotten any calls or emails from admissions. Just curious as to how you found out because I've been anxiously waiting around my phone all day! :nailbiting:

I never got the schools app email. First, my accepted student checklist populated. Then, I got an official email of my acceptance. No call so far.

• Care
I never got the schools app email. First, my accepted student checklist populated. Then, I got an official email of my acceptance. No call so far.
Oh weird!! I noticed I also have the accepted student checklist active in my portal. But still, nothing official from the dean or admissions or anything. Just trying not to get my hope up - this would be my first acceptance if it's true! Finding it hard to believe I'll hear anything on a Sunday but considering how I got my II email at 2am, I guess anything is possible lol

Oh weird!! I noticed I also have the accepted student checklist active in my portal. But still, nothing official from the dean or admissions or anything. Just trying not to get my hope up - this would be my first acceptance if it's true! Finding it hard to believe I'll hear anything on a Sunday but considering how I got my II email at 2am, I guess anything is possible lol
This was my experience as well but once I had the portal checklist I received a letter from the dean in the mail a few days after. Then I was asked to join the school’s app. Never got a call or email.

• Care

I got the schools app email when I was accepted. I don't know if I ever got a phone call but I did get an email and a letter in the mail eventually. and now I'm a second year so congrats!!

• Care