2021-2022 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II this morning to the Milwaukee campus, OOS URM. This is the first II I'm turning down, hope it'll go to someone excited about MCW!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah the math is pretty tight you are right. I wonder if the numbers pulled from USNWR includes the regional campuses? Would it have to? I'd assume so..

There is some interesting topics being discussed in the previous years thread...

As with most things we discuss here on SDN, it's important to remember anecdotal evidence may not be fact, and we certainly do not represent the entire population so it's best to just stick with data and whatever their adcoms tell you directly. That said, I've heard that MCW admissions are quite responsive to inquiries, though it's probably wayyy too early in the game to be asking them anything. It's a fun added wrinkle though.
so, are we saying that MCW MKE (along with regional campuses) does see fair bit of WL movement?

so, are we saying that MCW MKE (along with regional campuses) does see fair bit of WL movement?

If I'm saying anything, it's that clearly COVID has had an impact on the way cycles are going, and even before that schools like MCW see changes in how cycles go from year to year. If I was on the WL, I'd probably have drafted a letter of intent/update letter by now since they do not rank their WL and do another holistic review once there is movement from the WL (as far as I am aware). If I was on the waitlist at any school I'd also just assume I wasn't going to get in, and plan accordingly. One thing that is common among most med schools that I do feel confident in sharing, is that WL movement tends to happen around the commitment deadlines of the CYMS tool for obvious reasons.. extending from that are a schools own specific deadlines. Whatever movement that does happen will happen then, meaning in 5 months if I'm not mistaken.

I'd also like to note in the threads I mentioned in a previous comment, for the previous 2 cycles, there are people there saying there was little to no waitlist movement, and in one of the years they even said the school over-accepted students. Take all that with a huge grain of salt, and if you really want to know more do some digging in those threads.. when I first starting looking into MCW I found threads from all the way back in 2008 so you can track the trends from there if you really want. I'm quite literally in the same boat here as everyone else, I'm in no position to state anything as a matter of fact.

edit: What it appears like to me, is that most of the people discussing this through the years are very eager pre-meds (go figure) so when they are left waiting for 5 months, as most people who interview early and are put on the WL will have to do, it makes sense for them to say things like "there is no waitlist movement".. but by the same token, in every years thread I see here on SDN there are a double digit numbers of people saying they are withdrawing their acceptance between April and June.. that has to equate to WL movement. Beyond that, we're grasping at statistics that simply cannot answer those specific questions.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 user
If I'm saying anything, it's that clearly COVID has had an impact on the way cycles are going, and even before that schools like MCW see changes in how cycles go from year to year. If I was on the WL, I'd probably have drafted a letter of intent/update letter by now since they do not rank their WL and do another holistic review once there is movement from the WL (as far as I am aware). If I was on the waitlist at any school I'd also just assume I wasn't going to get in, and plan accordingly. One thing that is common among most med schools that I do feel confident in sharing, is that WL movement tends to happen around the commitment deadlines of the CYMS tool for obvious reasons.. extending from that are a schools own specific deadlines. Whatever movement that does happen will happen then, meaning in 5 months if I'm not mistaken.

I'd also like to note in the threads I mentioned in a previous comment, for the previous 2 cycles, there are people there saying there was little to no waitlist movement, and in one of the years they even said the school over-accepted students. Take all that with a huge grain of salt, and if you really want to know more do some digging in those threads.. when I first starting looking into MCW I found threads from all the way back in 2008 so you can track the trends from there if you really want. I'm quite literally in the same boat here as everyone else, I'm in no position to state anything as a matter of fact.

edit: What it appears like to me, is that most of the people discussing this through the years are very eager pre-meds (go figure) so when they are left waiting for 5 months, as most people who interview early and are put on the WL will have to do, it makes sense for them to say things like "there is no waitlist movement".. but by the same token, in every years thread I see here on SDN there are a double digit numbers of people saying they are withdrawing their acceptance between April and June.. that has to equate to WL movement. Beyond that, we're grasping at statistics that simply cannot answer those specific questions.
I know this is all just your opinion but as someone on the wait list, it makes me feel better (even if it’s just false hope). Thanks 🥰 hoping for the best!

Reactions: 2 users
Just finished my interview for GB campus. One of the ladies came for my life :(
Rest of the interview went well but she kept calling me out for things on my app and i just needed her to chill lmao

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Just finished my interview for GB campus. One of the ladies came for my life :(
Rest of the interview went well but she kept calling me out for things on my app and i just needed her to chill lmao
What do you mean?! That's surprising I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully it went better than you think. Congrats on the interview!

Was there anything else we were supposed to do after our interview ?

What do you mean?! That's surprising I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully it went better than you think. Congrats on the interview!
I think I fielded all the questions well but she caught me off guard. I talked in my app bout my time as a CNA which as some might know involves a lot of fecal incontinence which I mentioned was not my favorite lol

I remember Jordan said in the wrap up that we need to complete a background check or whatever. Is this only for accepted students?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did Jordan or any other admin say anything about the wait list movement replacing a similar candidate that dropped their A (since waitliste isn’t ranked)? I can’t remember if that was at this school or another school

Got an II this morning (at like 2:30am lol) to the MKE campus! Super excited as this is the first time getting some love from my state!
(IS/3.7/519/complete 6/28)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
My friends is the post interview acceptance percentage as high as it says in that excel doc

I just got an II!! Scheduled for tomorrow wow. Complete 08/17, LM 75, OOS

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Good god that's a quick turnaround time haha
iI know!! im guessing someone cancelled and i just happened to be next on the list. i think i would be able to schedule in mid jan if i couldn't do it tomorrow

Do the next round of decisions only start getting released on Friday?
They told me in my interview that the earliest they could come would be the 17th (Friday), but should expect them by the end of the day…like 11:59 pm CST….on Monday the 20th

Reactions: 3 users
Hi all! Quick question for you:

Anyone know the grading policy at MCW Milwaukee? I saw on MSAR that it is Pass/Fail, but after doing some googling I stumbled on an MCW Med School handbook that said it is Honors/HP/P/LP/etc. (which sounds like A/B/C/D lol). I tried to email the admissions team but they didn't know...

Thanks!

They told me in my interview that the earliest they could come would be the 17th (Friday), but should expect them by the end of the day…like 11:59 pm CST….on Monday the 20th
Thats what they said for the central campus too. It’s tough waiting…

Hi all! Quick question for you:

Anyone know the grading policy at MCW Milwaukee? I saw on MSAR that it is Pass/Fail, but after doing some googling I stumbled on an MCW Med School handbook that said it is Honors/HP/P/LP/etc. (which sounds like A/B/C/D lol). I tried to email the admissions team but they didn't know...

Thanks!
It’s all P/F with no internal rankings through M1 and M2. clinical rotations are still graded/ranked.

Reactions: 1 users
Post-II R… Interviewed on 12/10. This one stings a lot. Not sure what went wrong, my interviews seemed to go well. Good luck to everybody else awaiting decisions

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
WL, IS, interviewed back in November

Interviewed December 1; waitlisted today. It was my third interview there; first time making it to the waitlist! Progress. Gonna do whatever I still can!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I got waitlisted through email but the decision letters says "unable to offer you a seat", but the email says to reserve my spot on the waitlist but I don't see it in the portal. Which one is right and what do I do lol. Also, anybody know the odds for acceptance on a regional waitlist?

JUST GOT THE A!!!!!!!! I interviewed 11/19!! super excited, I really liked this school!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Trying to resist refreshing my email every 30 seconds omg

Brooooo i literally cant do this rn lmao. Please dont make me wait till Monday, I wanna enjoy my weekend in peace

also how in the heck do they even hand out decisions, that always confuses me