2021-2022 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats !! Anyone off the CC list?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Also got the call today and am super grateful!😭 OOS ORM, average stats, reapp, interviewed in December. The call was from a 708 number but not the admissions office number for anyone else who’s waiting
Congrats!! What a quick turnaround time, can I ask what day you interviewed? I also did in December

Interviewed over three months ago no and still no decision has been given to me. This is so frustrating.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol i've called and each time they say "you'll hear something in a week or two." they've told me that three times :(
That is frustrating im sorry - it IS a good sign you haven't been CC'ed yet- means youre probably in that need to discuss group. I was in that same group- interviewed October heard in January- and I got the acceptance.

CONGRATS too everyone im so excited and happy for y'all merry christmas and happy holidays! Early present.

Reactions: 1 users
accepted just now, 6pm EST.
Interviewed 11/11

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
accepted interviewed 9/9 (like you guys didnt already know that hahahha)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Put on Continued Consideration this morning

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed in December! Wow! That's amazing. Congrats!

I interviewed in November and got placed on CC. Hoping I get taken off! Sent in updates.

Update: Anyone know if they take people off CC as the cycle goes on? Or if there's just a date or month they meet to look at the list?

@Talldoctor96
Thank you❤️ I hope you hear good news soon:)

Does anyone know when Loyola SSOM's interview season runs to? Radio silence post-completion in early August, and am planning to submit an update letter once my transcript for this semester finalizes.

Does anyone know when Loyola SSOM's interview season runs to? Radio silence post-completion in early August, and am planning to submit an update letter once my transcript for this semester finalizes.
also been silence since early august, and did update sept 30. still nothing.

Middle/ late Feb

I’ve seen mention of this in the thread before but can anyone else chime in about the vibe and style of the interview? Of my interviews so far the ones I felt that I did best usually had a loose formal structure but had room to have conversation and ask specific question about my experiences (open file).

I’ve seen mention of this in the thread before but can anyone else chime in about the vibe and style of the interview? Of my interviews so far the ones I felt that I did best usually had a loose formal structure but had room to have conversation and ask specific question about my experiences (open file).
I don’t think we’re allowed to say too much about interview content, but the style is a traditional one-on-one interview. One interview will be a partial file review, and the other will be a full file review (i.e. interviewer has access to your stats, etc.). I guess the vibe depends on who you get as your interviewers, but speaking from my own experience, the overall vibe was surprisingly relaxed and relatively low-stress for both. I also had time to ask questions with both interviewers. Hope this helps! Good luck to you:)

• Care
I don’t think we’re allowed to say too much about interview content, but the style is a traditional one-on-one interview. One interview will be a partial file review, and the other will be a full file review (i.e. interviewer has access to your stats, etc.). I guess the vibe depends on who you get as your interviewers, but speaking from my own experience, the overall vibe was surprisingly relaxed and relatively low-stress for both. I also had time to ask questions with both interviewers. Hope this helps! Good luck to you:)
I appreciate the advice, thank you so much!

Wow kind of unexpected for me, but just got an II right now!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Got the call about two weeks ago that I was accepted! Interviewed 11/5

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Radio silence since early july, I submitted and still nothing. Should I upload a letter of interest or something?
In state btw.

Anyone know if the school is having a holiday break? Been trying to call since mid last week and always straight to voicemail. Have also emailed but have yet to hear back. 😭

Yes,
Anyone know if the school is having a holiday break? Been trying to call since mid last week and always straight to voicemail. Have also emailed but have yet to hear back. 😭
it’s winter break. I’m sure they’ll be back the 3rd. (Stop calling and emailing)

Does Loyola accept update letters, I dont see a spot to upload them

Does Loyola accept update letters, I dont see a spot to upload them
On your main screen, after logging in, there is a box labeled "Something to update?" It has a link to upload things.

Does anyone know how to complete a background check for Loyola SSOM?

Has anyone filled out financial aid information for Loyola yet or received any instructions on how to do so? Thanks!

Anyone know if the CC list/waitlist is ranked? If you are placed on it early in the cycle, does this theoretically confer any benefit? Thanks!

Wondering if anyone knows how many seats are left in this cohort?

Anyone know if the CC list/waitlist is ranked? If you are placed on it early in the cycle, does this theoretically confer any benefit? Thanks!
At most schools getting placed on a WL early just means that they haven't made a decision about you yet, and want to compare you to others who will be interviewed later.

Reactions: 2 users
Got the A. Interviewed on 12/2. OOS & URM.

Does anyone know if second look is virtual or in person?

• Love
Got the A. Interviewed on 12/2. OOS & URM.

Does anyone know if second look is virtual or in person?
That has not been decided yet/will probably not be decided for a bit. CONGRATS! I recommend you come see it yourself. Its a beautiful campus and its nice to see if you'd like it or not.

Do we think they are done with the calls for today? I interviewed mid December but am guessing I won’t hear today

Do we think they are done with the calls for today? I interviewed mid December but am guessing I won’t hear today
I got my phone call at 6pm (2 years ago today). They give the calls to various people who do them at different times. Dont give up hope just yet.

Does anyone know how many weeks they give to study for Step 1? Thanks!

II last night, IS. Wild surprise since my app has been complete since mid-July

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Husband and I both applied this cycle. He received II last night but I have yet to hear back. Anyone know if Loyola is good at considering couples? We have similar stats, he's ORM and I am URM. Just wondering! We already have a joint acceptance to another school together but it'd be nice to have more options. Thanks in advance!

• Care
Does anyone know how financial aid packages work here? Do we have to reach out post acceptance or do they reach out to applicants etc?