2021-2022 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted in July 1st and still no word. Please tell me someone is in the same boat as me!
Submitted secondary June 25 and marked complete July 15. No word as of yet. I keep repeating no news is good news.
Hang in there! If it gives you any peace of mind I was told by admissions staff that they plan to interview around 1000 applicants!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I was marked complete mid-August and have also not heard back yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted in July 1st and still no word. Please tell me someone is in the same boat as me!
My application file is complete email came July 9th and I haven't heard anything either. Edit: LM 70

Submitted 7/11 and emailed 9/20 after noticing that one of my LoR was not showing. They replied 9/21 and said that they had it and that my app was under review. Sitting here twiddling my thumbs :shrug:

Does anyone know how the MMI will go? Will we have 2 minutes to read a prompt and then 8 minutes to respond or is it a different format?

How does the asynchronous MMI work? Do they record you in a Zoom breakout room?

How does the asynchronous MMI work? Do they record you in a Zoom breakout room?
Their MMI is synchronous and is scheduled either in the AM or the PM of the interview day.

Anyone who scores bottom Casper quartile got an interview? I worry that they are going to screen out very low Casper scores...

Anyone who scores bottom Casper quartile got an interview? I worry that they are going to screen out very low Casper scores...
Me!! There is hope!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To those who have interviewed, who do we send the thank-you letters to? I think they mentioned it but I forgot

To those who have interviewed, who do we send the thank-you letters to? I think they mentioned it but I forgot
At the end of my interview, Zachary Rowe said to email him thank you letters and he would distribute them to the students/evaluators as needed.

II just now... complete forever ago - first week

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Recent graduate. Feel free to ask me whatever.

If I'm being honest, I actually really like both of these questions. Good luck to everyone applying this year

Hi, could you give me some tips on how to answer number 4--"What creative/innovative ways have you found to continue to build upon the competencies for entering medical students during the pandemic?" Would really appreciate it!

OOS II tonight! ORM LM 68 complete 6/28

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Lol I’ve completely given up hope on this school.

Reactions: 4 users
The Acceptance starts coming from tomorrow right?? I read the last year posts seems like if your checklist get disappeared tomorrow, then that means acceptance.

The Acceptance starts coming from tomorrow right?? I read the last year posts seems like if your checklist get disappeared tomorrow, then that means acceptance.
I was told the first week of November but they may have just been trying to give themselves a buffer in case they were late. Hoping we hear something tomorrow.

I interviewed 9/21 and the told me that we should hear back between 10/15 and 11/1.

Also, for those asking about MMIs, I was really nervous about how they were going to handle them over Zoom, but using the breakout rooms actually worked super well.

That is my understanding from last year as well.

I interviewed 9/21 and the told me that we should hear back between 10/15 and 11/1.

Also, for those asking about MMIs, I was really nervous about how they were going to handle them over Zoom, but using the breakout rooms actually worked super well.
That is my assumption as well.

Lol I’ve completely given up hope on this school.
Submitted 7/3, complete 7/15. Radio silence (although that’s the same with every school I applied to)

Submitted 7/3, complete 7/15. Radio silence (although that’s the same with every school I applied to)
Try to stay optimistic about RF. I interviewed here early September last year and got waitlisted while people interviewing much later in the cycle got accepted. RF seems to really take their time reviewing apps and so I would not view it as a sign about how they view your app.

For those of you who interviewed, how far in advance did you receive the zoom link? Also, did you write down the names of all your MMI evaluators or how did you send thank you letters?

I wonder if we will for sure get our results tomorrow though...

Based on last year thread, the people who got accepted had a change in their portal (read last year middle October dates)

I was told the first week of November but they may have just been trying to give themselves a buffer in case they were late. Hoping we hear something tomorrow.
I interviewed 9/21 and they said we would hear something "by the first week of November at the latest." Fingers crossed it doesn't go that late

I am counting on RFU and Shiba Inu Coin for my future :rofl:

lol as a resident of Illinois I've completely given up on every school in Illinois
same with Wisconsin after getting rejected from UW and hearing absolutely nothing from MCW

Reactions: 2 users
Seems like today is not the day
Yeah I am getting the same feeling, I was really hoping that RF would come through for me today after just getting waitlisted by Rush ,but oh well, three more weeks of despair I guess

Yeah that would absolutely suck more for sure...but ORM from the chicago burbs is up there with "worst places to be a premed" imo
yoo same situation. Every once in a while I'll think dang if I lived 3-4 hours to the west in Iowa I would have a 1 in 3 chance of getting into med school 😭😭

yoo same situation. Every once in a while I'll think dang if I lived 3-4 hours to the west in Iowa I would have a 1 in 3 chance of getting into med school 😭😭
Bro try 2 hours south, at least we would get secondaries from SIU lol