2020-2021 Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A paragraph or two. Definitely less than a page.

Source: pre-med adviser told me my update + continued interest letter should be less than a page total, so I'm assuming LOI should be equally as short if not shorter (since there's less to say).
Seconded. I think mine was about a page. I would def not go over a page

Members don't see this ad.

A paragraph or two. Definitely less than a page.

Source: pre-med adviser told me my update + continued interest letter should be less than a page total, so I'm assuming LOI should be equally as short if not shorter (since there's less to say).
Ehh personally I’m always Hesitant to trust pre-med advisors opinions as the be all end all. Have written letters of interest to schools way longer than a page that have been well received and led to an acceptance (time will tell if the others are wrote lead to rejections though haha). Also know people at schools (including the best ones ) who wrote letters longer than a page. Always good to try and explain why you are a good fit as succinctly as possible, but don’t necessarily think there is a cutoff. If anything, the enthusiasm could make you stick out in a positive (or I suppose negative) way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Super late but does anyone know if they are still giving out IIs? Thanks in advance!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Did anyone else who tried to fill out the financial aid application form have trouble? It says I am ineligible at this time?
Are we supposed to create a new account on the site or were our user/PW provided to us separately?

Did everyone send their W2s and tax returns to the YSM Financial Aid email or is there a place we are supposed to upload it?

Yup still not able

Ahh, if you still can't in the next few days, I would email the office with your AMCAS ID then. That's so weird, I guess admin is having a harder time with WFH. It's a pretty straightforward form, mostly just your demographic and educational info

Reactions: 1 user
Are we supposed to be filling out financial aid forms now? I thought we were supposed to wait until getting accepted? Lol I’m so out of the loop

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are we supposed to be filling out financial aid forms now? I thought we were supposed to wait until getting accepted? Lol I’m so out of the loop
They told us to fill it out before so we can get a financial aid package with the decision. I believe priority deadline is on Feb 26.

It looks like they have now taken down the form - probably related to the access issues.

Did you email your letter of intent to the dean, adcoms, or admissions head? Or upload?
I am applying MSTP so maybe different, but I emailed the program "Admissions and Pipeline Coordinator" and asked her what I should do with it and she told me to upload to my portal!

Do you think it’s too late to send an update letter now (and wait until decisions to send it if waitlisted)? It won’t contain anything major like a pub, but I want to mention some projects I’ve completed and activities I’ve been doing since turning in the secondary.

Reactions: 1 users
Should we expect decisions to be released next week? I saw in the threads of the past two years, they released decisions at the end of February.

Should we expect decisions to be released next week? I saw in the threads of the past two years, they released decisions at the end of February.
I think they said something about first week of March during interviews this year

I know no one would know for certain, but it is reasonable to think this Friday may be the day for decisions? I am just trying to wrap my head around the cycle possibly ending. Not trying to make anyone anxious or unnecessarily stressed, but trying to relieve that of my own :)

I know no one would know for certain, but it is reasonable to think this Friday may be the day for decisions? I am just trying to wrap my head around the cycle possibly ending. Not trying to make anyone anxious or unnecessarily stressed, but trying to relieve that of my own :)
I hope so, but I was thinking next Friday because they’ve always said early March

If we’re going to speculate, it looks like the decisions were released on the last Thursday in February for the past three cycles. Applied to this cycle, decisions would come out on February 25th. However, the 25th would also be the earliest decisions came out in any of those cycles as well, which, especially given the covid delays this time, could point towards the following Thursday, March 4th. For your own sanity and wellbeing I advise you to take these musings with a grain of salt. We may be waiting until March 15th for all I know.

Reactions: 3 users
If we’re going to speculate, it looks like the decisions were released on the last Thursday in February for the past three cycles. Applied to this cycle, decisions would come out on February 25th. However, the 25th would also be the earliest decisions came out in any of those cycles as well, which, especially given the covid delays this time, could point towards the following Thursday, March 4th. For your own sanity and wellbeing I advise you to take these musings with a grain of salt. We may be waiting until March 15th for all I know.
Also since the priority deadline for financial aid is is Feb 26th, I feel like they are going to send out the decisions shortly after then.

Also since the priority deadline for financial aid is is Feb 26th, I feel like they are going to send out the decisions shortly after then.
Although, last year it looks like the priority deadline was the 28th and decisions came out the 27th 🤯

• Wow
Crazy person question, does anyone know what time decisions came out last year? I have this anxiety ear worm telling me I'm going to open a rejection email at work and cry in public 😅 🤪

• Care
Does the priority deadline mean you have to do the CSS profile before then as well?

Does the priority deadline mean you have to do the CSS profile before then as well?
i think everything (fafsa, css, tax returns/w2, online form) has to be in by the priority deadline to get financial aid award ASAP. If its in later you'll just find out about aid later I suppose

have they revealed via email or in any recent interviews when their decision date is? in my interview they said they were aiming for the first week of march...not sure it thats changed or if more recent interviews were provided with an updated time frame?

I'm super confused about this financial aid deadline. I get FAFSA, CSS, and the institutional app but confused about the other requirements and how to submit them. Were you guys able to activate your NetID? How did you submit tax documents?

You don't get a NetID until you've enrolled. You should directly email or fax the tax documents to fin aid office.

hello, has anyone who's filling out the financial aid forms know what to put for Yale ID. They ask for your Yale ID on the certification of information and on the non-tax filer form. but as far i know we don't have a Yale ID until we are admitted?? im so confused, is this just suppose to be our AMCAS ID or am i missing something.

also i have somewhere in mynotes from my interview that we need to fill out the forms for the 2020-2021 year, but i feel like i might have misheard or miswritten that. we are suppose to be filling for 2021-2022 right?

hello, has anyone who's filling out the financial aid forms know what to put for Yale ID. They ask for your Yale ID on the certification of information and on the non-tax filer form. but as far i know we don't have a Yale ID until we are admitted?? im so confused, is this just suppose to be our AMCAS ID or am i missing something.

also i have somewhere in mynotes from my interview that we need to fill out the forms for the 2020-2021 year, but i feel like i might have misheard or miswritten that. we are suppose to be filling for 2021-2022 right?
Yes, I think it says somewhere to put AMCAS ID where Yale ID is supposed to go.

ooh someone let me know if i will get in trouble for saying this and if so i will delete my post, but my YSOM friend out of the blue texted me saying they come out tomorrow because yale students are allowed to reach out starting the 26th to congratulate and make a facebook group.

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
And anyone know around what time decisions were released last year - is this a morning thing or a “jittery and waiting until the end of the business day” thing

And anyone know around what time decisions were released last year - is this a morning thing or a “jittery and waiting until the end of the business day” thing
I was stalking some previous threads and although I’m not exactly sure how to check the time of posts, on the day decisions were released people were talking about how they were giving up hope for the day making it seem that it was a late afternoon release

I was stalking some previous threads and although I’m not exactly sure how to check the time of posts, on the day decisions were released people were talking about how they were giving up hope for the day making it seem that it was a late afternoon release
also stalked an earlier thread and someone had said something about it being 3 pm and nobody had heard anything so the pattern implies a later in the afternoon decision release

Looking at past years:

2017-2018: 2:15pm
2018-2019: 4:30pm
2019-2020: 4:10pm

On the browser the time shows up if you hover over the date

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
just got the A!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
lul. Yale decided to send the Pre-II R at the same time, I guess.

Reactions: 8 users