2020-2021 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are applicants to complete the asynchronous interview before they receive an invite to interview with faculty?
My impression was that when you get invited to interview, you also are invited to do the asynchronous.

Members don't see this ad.

My impression was that when you get invited to interview, you also are invited to do the asynchronous.

That's what I would have imagined, but

Both a COA faculty member and a trained 4th year (senior) medical student will review your asynchronous responses, using rubrics established by COA leadership. In this initial year of requiring asynchronous interviews, ratings from these interviews may influence our final admissions decisions, but will not impact who is invited to participate in interviews with faculty.

That's weird. Definitely ambiguous. But if they don't influence interview decisions, what would be the point of sending them pre-II? It would be pretty messed up if they made everyone do it, but then only looked at the ones that they decided to interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

To me it sounds like they’re going to issue IIs like normal, those people will do the asynchronous interview and the regular interviews as one thing this year, but that in the future they anticipate using the asynchronous responses as an intermediate screen between secondary and in-person interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Perhaps they want to eliminate the weak by seeing who gets a heart attack from these emails....

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
II, Complete 8/12 LM 79. Is the scheduling portal running slowly for anyone else?

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
II, Complete 8/12 LM 79. Is the scheduling portal running slowly for anyone else?
Running super slow! And I don't see any available dates... My guess is there still like putting it up? I'll give it until tomorrow before I write an email I guess. They likely won't do anything about it until Monday

Update, I was able to schedule so just be patient and keep trying I suppose

II!!! Completed 8/8, LM 81.4, ties to school

Reactions: 4 users
Did a lot of dates show up? It looks like they're either already full or the system is just weird lol
II. Complete 8/7, LM 80, OOS. There was one date in September and two in October when I scheduled.

If you waited for a couple of minutes, dates eventually showed up, and there were multiple October dates (at least 10 I think). I was complete 7/20, LM 77.5, WARS 93, OOS.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else still not been able to pick an interview date?

For anyone who's nervous - had my WashU interviews today and both interviewers were amazingly kind and genuine. Quickly became my top choice school.

Reactions: 8 users
Just got an II!!! So excited as I have friends at WashU and they love it there!

Is this an II?
Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.10.53 PM.png

Crying in the club rn. Doesn't feel real. I've gotta say that the first line saying "You're invited for a video assessment" is the strangest II opener I've ever heard.
I thought it was fake for a solid 5 mins (also the e-mail address it was sent from is not from WashU either) until I looked at my portal.

Anyone else having problems trying to pick a date for the interview?

I got the interview tab to load, but I'm only seeing two dates very soon, October 8 and October 10. Strange that they don't have more availability, yeah? (@jim_free also mentioned that they saw like 10 dates)

Also does anyone know if WashU is rolling with their admission decisions? Or do they release all at once in March or something (i.e. how much of an advantage is it to interview early?)

I got the interview tab to load, but I'm only seeing two dates very soon, October 8 and October 10. Strange that they don't have more availability, yeah? (@jim_free also mentioned that they saw like 10 dates)

Also does anyone know if WashU is rolling with their admission decisions? Or do they release all at once in March or something (i.e. how much of an advantage is it to interview early?)
MSAR says earliest acceptances will be issued on October 19th...although I'm better few if any will be that early considering they are just now releasing IIs

Congrats to everyone on receiving your interviews! Would you mind sharing your complete dates?

Yeah, I'm getting two dates very soon too. My guess is they are asking people to interview ASAP because they are behind on admissions this year.